May 6, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Adam LaRoche is 5-for-10 with six walks over his last four games.
The overall numbers still don't look good: a .168 batting average, .273 on-base percentage and .567 OPS that ranks 166th out of 177 qualifying big-league hitters.
Make no mistake, though: Adam LaRoche has broken out of his season-opening slump.
He did so over the course of the last week, beginning with his one-on-one session with old pal Chipper Jones in Atlanta and culminating with a strong weekend at the plate in Pittsburgh.
But wait, you say, LaRoche only went 2-for-14 in that series against the Braves. That's hardly evidence of a breakthrough. Ah, but pay no attention to the numbers and instead look at the individualRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Embattled Desmond: "I'm gonna get through it"
- Span likely to make season debut Sunday
- Phillies 5, Nats 3: Desmond's woes open door for Phillies
- Nats waiting for MRI on Escobar's groin strain
- Zimmermann tries to lead Nats to 4th straight W
- Impressive Scherzer giving Nats lots of innings
- Nats 7, Phillies 2: Harper homers, Scherzer cruises
- Escobar leaves Nats game with strained groin
- Stammen on season-ending surgery: "Bring it on"
- Marlins catcher not happy after getting benched: 'Yeah I’m mad'