May 6, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Adam LaRoche is 5-for-10 with six walks over his last four games.
The overall numbers still don't look good: a .168 batting average, .273 on-base percentage and .567 OPS that ranks 166th out of 177 qualifying big-league hitters.
Make no mistake, though: Adam LaRoche has broken out of his season-opening slump.
He did so over the course of the last week, beginning with his one-on-one session with old pal Chipper Jones in Atlanta and culminating with a strong weekend at the plate in Pittsburgh.
But wait, you say, LaRoche only went 2-for-14 in that series against the Braves. That's hardly evidence of a breakthrough. Ah, but pay no attention to the numbers and instead look at the individualRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- State of the Nats: All tied up in the NL East
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington
- Nats look to avoid sweep against Mets in New York
- Ross continues to impress, but Mets showing their worth
- Duda, Cespedes too much for Nationals
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard