May 7, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Bryce Harper leaves the field Sunday after being ejected.
Before we turn our attention to tonight's opener of an odd, two-game, interleague series with the Tigers, one final look back at the controversial moment from Sunday's game in Pittsburgh.
There's been plenty of debate about Bryce Harper's ejection following a check-swing call by John Hirschbeck in the top of the first inning, whether Harper actually did enough to warrant getting tossed and whether Hirschbeck provoked the whole thing with his response to Harper's initial reaction.
Well, check out this video clip of the play in question from the Pirates' TV broadcast (and posted on Twitter last night by followerRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Breaking down an inexplicable loss for the Nats
- Moss' 3-run homer ends it as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang