May 8, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Tigers give it another shot tonight, with much better weather.
Hey, let's try this again. Twenty-four hours after the Nationals and Tigers were supposed to open their two-game series but were "rained" out, they'll be back on the field for another attempt. The forecast is much, much better today, though there still are some pop-up showers out there that could affect things, so keep that in mind if you're coming to the ballpark.
Jordan Zimmermann once again gets a chance to face this potent Detroit lineup. He'll be doing so on six full days of rest, which isn't necessarily a good things for him. Over his career, Zimmermann is 16-8 with a 2.61 ERA when pitching on normal four days' rest but 13-19 with a 4.00 ERA when pitching on extra rest.
The extra day off probably did some good for Bryce Harper, who has now essentially had three days to rest his bruised left side. Jayson Werth, on the other hand, still hasn't been given the green light to return from a tight hamstring, despite the fact the field should be dry tonight.
Updates to come, so please check back…
DETROIT TIGERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WNEW (99.1 FM), XM 184
Weather: Chance of showers, 66 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
SS Ian Desmond
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- A reason for fans of each MLB team to be thankful
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Trea Turner
- Bud Black joins Angels after missing out on Nats' manager job
- Baseball in the District – How will Nats rebuild their bullpen?
- Nats bring Henley back as third base coach
- Nats roster review: Matt Thornton
- Report: Nats interested in trading Papelbon and Storen
- Is O'Day worth the price tag to the Nationals?
- Nationals roster review: Aaron Barrett
- Nats sign pair of veterans to minor-league deals