May 8, 2013, 9:25 PM EST
Last night's scheduled series opener was postponed due to rain.
After a backlash from fans upset over a change in club policy for using tickets from postponed games, the Nationals today reversed course and re-instituted the exchange policy they used through their first eight seasons.
Fans were surprised Tuesday afternoon to learn the Nationals were no longer allowing rain checks to be exchanged for future games, only for the officially rescheduled game. (In this case, Tuesday's postponed 7:05 p.m. game will be made up Thursday at 4:05 p.m.)
The club, though, announced late this afternoon they are going back to the original policy.
"The Washington Nationals wish to announce that all fans who purchased tickets for Tuesday night's postponed game with the Detroit Tigers will be guaranteed their same seats for Thursday's scheduled 4:05 p.m. makeup game, or will retain the option to exchange their tickets – as they have in the past – for anyRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Ian Desmond discusses team expectations and future with Nats
- Eventful BP for Harper, update on Werth in Tuesday's workout
- Desmond, Rendon like what they see from Zimmerman at 1B
- Scherzer to start exhibition opener vs. Mets
- Bryce Harper does a pretty epic videobomb on Anthony Rendon
- ESPN throws shade on Nats' jerseys, calling them among worst in MLB
- On the cusp of majors, Taylor bides his time
- Mets pitcher really, really does not like defensive shifts
- Dodgers sign former Phillies free agent bust
- Nats sign son of MLB legend to minor-league deal