May 8, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT
Last night's scheduled series opener was postponed due to rain.
After a backlash from fans upset over a change in club policy for using tickets from postponed games, the Nationals today reversed course and re-instituted the exchange policy they used through their first eight seasons.
Fans were surprised Tuesday afternoon to learn the Nationals were no longer allowing rain checks to be exchanged for future games, only for the officially rescheduled game. (In this case, Tuesday's postponed 7:05 p.m. game will be made up Thursday at 4:05 p.m.)
The club, though, announced late this afternoon they are going back to the original policy.
"The Washington Nationals wish to announce that all fans who purchased tickets for Tuesday night's postponed game with the Detroit Tigers will be guaranteed their same seats for Thursday's scheduled 4:05 p.m. makeup game, or will retain the option to exchange their tickets – as they have in the past – for anyRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley