May 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Jayson Werth has played in only one of the Nationals' last six games.
By Chase Hughes
Jayson Werth was held out of Davey Johnson's lineup before last night's game was postponed due to rain while still recovering from a sore right hamstring, a precaution because of the wet conditions at Nationals Park. The outfielder was forced to leave Thursday's game at Atlanta and missed the team's weekend series at Pittsburgh because of the injury.
Though Werth was out of the lineup, Johnson said he would have started if it was a nicer day.
"If not for the weather he would have played," the manager said. "He had his doctor put him through all kinds of tests, and his hamstring is not pulled. He feels pretty good about that, hisRead more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- PHOTOS: Harper hangs with Jordan, Jeter, Manning, RG3 & others
- Braves' Freeman: 'I think we’re going to surprise a lot of people'
- 2015 outlook: Miami Marlins
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Nate McLouth
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Dodgers
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Kevin Frandsen
- Watch Werth arrive at jail in Fairfax to begin sentence
- Braves trade Hale, sign former Nats catcher
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Los Angeles Angels
- Nationals roster preview: Jose Lobaton