May 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Jayson Werth has played in only one of the Nationals' last six games.
By Chase Hughes
Jayson Werth was held out of Davey Johnson's lineup before last night's game was postponed due to rain while still recovering from a sore right hamstring, a precaution because of the wet conditions at Nationals Park. The outfielder was forced to leave Thursday's game at Atlanta and missed the team's weekend series at Pittsburgh because of the injury.
Though Werth was out of the lineup, Johnson said he would have started if it was a nicer day.
"If not for the weather he would have played," the manager said. "He had his doctor put him through all kinds of tests, and his hamstring is not pulled. He feels pretty good about that, hisRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats believe Ramos can catch 125 games
- Nationals in no rush to acquire left-hander
- Rizzo talks up Espinosa amid trade rumors
- Report: Phillies willing to trade All-Star Dominic Brown
- Long-time Nats nemesis Halladay retires
- La Russa, Cox, Torre elected to Hall of Fame
- Lefties on agenda as Winter Meetings begin
- Granderson, Mets reach $60M, 4-yr deal
- Could Michael Morse return to the National League?
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance