May 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Jayson Werth has played in only one of the Nationals' last six games.
By Chase Hughes
Jayson Werth was held out of Davey Johnson's lineup before last night's game was postponed due to rain while still recovering from a sore right hamstring, a precaution because of the wet conditions at Nationals Park. The outfielder was forced to leave Thursday's game at Atlanta and missed the team's weekend series at Pittsburgh because of the injury.
Though Werth was out of the lineup, Johnson said he would have started if it was a nicer day.
"If not for the weather he would have played," the manager said. "He had his doctor put him through all kinds of tests, and his hamstring is not pulled. He feels pretty good about that, hisRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper wants to be a one team player
- Scherzer and Strasburg learning from each other
- Nationals' Saturday workout is a washout
- Nats sign veteran lefty Hill to minor-league deal
- Do the Nats need another left-handed bat?
- Observations from Friday's workout in Viera
- Nats sing Happy Birthday to Denard Span, with bonus Danny Espinosa videobomb
- PHOTO: Looks like Scherzer will be a Jedi for Nats' 'Star Wars Day'
- LaRoche: Nats have transformed D.C. into a baseball city
- Matt Williams sets the tone for Nats on Day 1