May 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Jayson Werth has played in only one of the Nationals' last six games.
By Chase Hughes
Jayson Werth was held out of Davey Johnson's lineup before last night's game was postponed due to rain while still recovering from a sore right hamstring, a precaution because of the wet conditions at Nationals Park. The outfielder was forced to leave Thursday's game at Atlanta and missed the team's weekend series at Pittsburgh because of the injury.
Though Werth was out of the lineup, Johnson said he would have started if it was a nicer day.
"If not for the weather he would have played," the manager said. "He had his doctor put him through all kinds of tests, and his hamstring is not pulled. He feels pretty good about that, hisRead more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.
- Zimmermann, Nats look for two in a row vs. Cardinals
- Drew Storen comes through in Nats' 3-1 win over Cardinals