May 8, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Jayson Werth has played in only one of the Nationals' last six games.
By Chase Hughes
Jayson Werth was held out of Davey Johnson's lineup before last night's game was postponed due to rain while still recovering from a sore right hamstring, a precaution because of the wet conditions at Nationals Park. The outfielder was forced to leave Thursday's game at Atlanta and missed the team's weekend series at Pittsburgh because of the injury.
Though Werth was out of the lineup, Johnson said he would have started if it was a nicer day.
"If not for the weather he would have played," the manager said. "He had his doctor put him through all kinds of tests, and his hamstring is not pulled. He feels pretty good about that, hisRead more »
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jordan Zimmermann introduced by Detroit Tigers
- Report: Marlins could hire Barry Bonds to coaching staff
- Zimmermann agreed to a surprising contract with Detroit
- Report: Nats, Mets and Braves all chasing two-time All-Star
- Appreciating Jordan Zimmermann’s Nationals career
- PHOTOS: Zimmermann’s Nats career through the years
- Did Zimmermann sign with Tigers at a discount?
- Jordan Zimmermann signs free agent deal with Tigers
- Report: Zimmermann in serious talks with AL team
- Nationals prospect spotlight: Victor Robles