May 9, 2013, 5:39 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Nats and Tigers wrap up the series with a 4:05 p.m. makeup game.
There wasn't supposed to be any baseball played today on South Capitol Street, but Tuesday's rainout forced this interleague series to extend to this afternoon, which (knock on wood) will be played under excellent weather conditions.
Dan Haren gets the start for the Nationals, looking to build off his stellar outing last week in Atlanta and seeking his third consecutive win. He's opposed by right-hander Doug Fister, perhaps the unsung hero of the Tigers' rotation, entering today 4-0 with a 2.38 ERA.
One change to the Nationals' lineup (aside from the every-other-day catcher thing): Roger Bernadina gets the nod in left field this afternoon. Davey Johnson's rationale: Tyler Moore is struggling, plus he wanted to get Ian Desmond out of the 2-hole and put him back in his more natural No. 6 position in the lineup. Jayson Werth, of course, remains out, though initial reports on the MRI he received on his hamstring today are clean; he's also now on antibiotics to fight a stomach ailment that has left him dehydrated (and perhaps led to hamstring cramps).
I'll have updates throughout the game and then the Instant Analysis, then I'll hang over postgame coverage to Chase while I head up to CSN studios for tonight's episode of "The Baseball Show." A friendly reminder that you can watch the show live at 11 p.m., and there are no conflicts tonight that would preempt it or cause a delayed start, always a relief…
DETROIT TIGERS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 187
Weather: Partly cloudy, 75 degrees, Wind 10 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
LF Roger Bernadina
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen