May 10, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann has been the Nats most consistent pitcher dating back to last season, but this year he looks even better, especially considering the inconsistent starts of Stephen Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez. His numbers are up at the top of the league in almost every category, so is it time to start considering Zimmermann as one of the game’s best? Mark, Jim Duquette, and Rob Carlin debated this topic on last night’s Baseball Show.
Also, yesterday I caught up with pitcher Ross Detwiler to talk about the Capitals and the NHL playoffs:
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Nats making lefty relievers available for trade
- Strasburg labors in return from ankle sprain
- Former Nats OF released by Texas Rangers; Ohlendorf to Triple-A
- Nats announce season-opening rotation order
- Zimmerman expects to return in 2-3 days
- Strasburg returns to mound as Nats face Mets
- Storen returns to mound after 2-week absence
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"