May 10, 2013, 2:23 PM EST
Jordan Zimmermann has been the Nats most consistent pitcher dating back to last season, but this year he looks even better, especially considering the inconsistent starts of Stephen Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez. His numbers are up at the top of the league in almost every category, so is it time to start considering Zimmermann as one of the game’s best? Mark, Jim Duquette, and Rob Carlin debated this topic on last night’s Baseball Show.
Also, yesterday I caught up with pitcher Ross Detwiler to talk about the Capitals and the NHL playoffs:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Kansas City Royals
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Will Michael Taylor become an everyday outfielder?