May 10, 2013, 2:23 PM EST
Jordan Zimmermann has been the Nats most consistent pitcher dating back to last season, but this year he looks even better, especially considering the inconsistent starts of Stephen Strasburg and Gio Gonzalez. His numbers are up at the top of the league in almost every category, so is it time to start considering Zimmermann as one of the game’s best? Mark, Jim Duquette, and Rob Carlin debated this topic on last night’s Baseball Show.
Also, yesterday I caught up with pitcher Ross Detwiler to talk about the Capitals and the NHL playoffs:
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sign veteran infielder to minor league deal
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Stephen Strasburg's contract year
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Detroit Tigers
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- 2016 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- Report: All-Star catcher Lucroy has Nats on no-trade list
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Max Scherzer more important in Year 2
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: An important year for Wilson Ramos
- NL East: Phillies add new alternate uniform for 2016 (PHOTOS)
- NL East: Marlins interested in adding another starting pitcher