May 11, 2013, 3:00 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Jayson Werth hasn't played since May 2 in Atlanta.
Updated at 11:00 p.m.
The Nationals are planning to place outfielder Jayson Werth on the 15-day disabled list Saturday morning with what general manager Mike Rizzo termed a "very slight strain" of his right hamstring.
Werth hasn't played since May 2 in Atlanta, when he felt the hamstring tighten up while tracking a ball in right field, so the DL move can be backdated. He'd be eligible to return on May 18, and he expressed confidence he'll be completely healed by then.
"We feel like we're close, and I feel like it's really not that severe," Werth said after the Nationals' 7-3 win over the Cubs. "But it's one of those things, you go out there with the way it is and you might make it severe pretty quickly. Erring on the side of caution, but at the same time … I think it's necessary. Fortunately it'll only beRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall