May 12, 2013, 3:55 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The series concludes on a beautiful Mother's Day at Nationals Park.
Happy Mother's Day, everyone, but especially to the three most important women in my life: my wife, Rachel, my mom, Lois, and my mother-in-law, Linda. Wish I could spend the day with all of you, but duty calls. The Nationals and Cubs are wrapping up their weekend series this afternoon, and players from both sides will be honoring their moms and supporting breast cancer awareness by using pink-colored equipment.
Gio Gonzalez is on the mound for the Nationals, trying to build off his outing from one week ago when he served up a leadoff home run and then loaded the bases, only to escape the jam and subsequently shut down the Pirates the rest of the afternoon. He's opposed by right-hander Scott Feldman, formerly of the Rangers.
Bryce Harper is back in the Nationals' lineup after missin g two days while recovering from the procedure to remove an ingrown toenail. He'll be in right field, with a new face in left field: Steve Lombardozzi. Lombo has yet to appear in the outfield this season, but he was out there yesterday morning and again this morning, working with Tony Tarasco on several things.
Updates to come, please check back…
CHICAGO CUBS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500 AM), XM 185
Weather: Partly cloudy, 65 degrees, Wind 16 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Now in 2nd place, Nats not scoreboard watching yet
- Struggling Nats out of 1st place in NL East
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?