May 13, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Dodger Stadium hosts the Nats for the next three nights.
After a frustrating weekend that included back-to-back losses to the Cubs in unsightly fashion, the Nationals now begin their longest road trip of the season, an 11-game swing through all three California NL cities, beginning tonight in Los Angeles. The spend-at-will Dodgers were supposed to be serious contenders this year, but it's been a disastrous six weeks at Chavez Ravine, and the club that takes the field tonight finds itself in last place in the NL West.
Into that fray come the Nationals, who send their burgeoning ace to the mound for the series opener. With a strong effort tonight, Jordan Zimmermann could become the majors' first 7-game winner, not an insignificant accomplishment. Josh Beckett starts for the Dodgers, and remarkably he's still seeking his first win of 2013.
Unfortunately, I'm not on this West Coast trip, but I'll be watching along with the rest of you, loading up on caffeine to make it through the late-night games. So please keep up the conversation as always here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WNEW (99.1 FM), XM 186
Weather: Clear, 77 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day
- Souza's name crops up in complex trade talks
- Clippard: 'I hope we all stay together for at least one more shot'
- Nats GM Mike Rizzo explains trading Detwiler; talks prospects
- Nats announce date pitchers and catchers will report to Viera