May 13, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Dodger Stadium hosts the Nats for the next three nights.
After a frustrating weekend that included back-to-back losses to the Cubs in unsightly fashion, the Nationals now begin their longest road trip of the season, an 11-game swing through all three California NL cities, beginning tonight in Los Angeles. The spend-at-will Dodgers were supposed to be serious contenders this year, but it's been a disastrous six weeks at Chavez Ravine, and the club that takes the field tonight finds itself in last place in the NL West.
Into that fray come the Nationals, who send their burgeoning ace to the mound for the series opener. With a strong effort tonight, Jordan Zimmermann could become the majors' first 7-game winner, not an insignificant accomplishment. Josh Beckett starts for the Dodgers, and remarkably he's still seeking his first win of 2013.
Unfortunately, I'm not on this West Coast trip, but I'll be watching along with the rest of you, loading up on caffeine to make it through the late-night games. So please keep up the conversation as always here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WNEW (99.1 FM), XM 186
Weather: Clear, 77 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
LF Steve Lombardozzi
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through