May 14, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
The Nats and Dodgers meet again tonight in Los Angeles.
OK, 10 bucks to anyone who correctly predicted the Nationals, on May 14, would be starting an outfield of Steve Lombardozzi, Eury Perez and Tyler Moore. Such is life when Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth are injured and Denard Span gets a night off against one of the toughest lefties in baseball: Clayton Kershaw.
Though Harper didn't suffer any major injuries in his collision with the wall last night, he probably needs a night (or two) off. Knowing him, I'm sure he'll be trying to convince Davey Johnson he can pinch-hit late should the situation arise.
Dan Haren gets the start for the Nationals, seeking (incredibly) his fifth win. If he can pull that off tonight, he'll have really earned it.
As you know, I'm not on this trip, but please don't let that stop you from continuing the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats make first round of September call-ups
- Nationals turn to Ross for big game in St. Louis
- The Baseball Show: Is Denard Span’s Nats career over?
- Nationals let another one slip away
- Heyward's 2B keys rally as Cardinals beat Nationals 8-5
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4