May 14, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
The Nats and Dodgers meet again tonight in Los Angeles.
OK, 10 bucks to anyone who correctly predicted the Nationals, on May 14, would be starting an outfield of Steve Lombardozzi, Eury Perez and Tyler Moore. Such is life when Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth are injured and Denard Span gets a night off against one of the toughest lefties in baseball: Clayton Kershaw.
Though Harper didn't suffer any major injuries in his collision with the wall last night, he probably needs a night (or two) off. Knowing him, I'm sure he'll be trying to convince Davey Johnson he can pinch-hit late should the situation arise.
Dan Haren gets the start for the Nationals, seeking (incredibly) his fifth win. If he can pull that off tonight, he'll have really earned it.
As you know, I'm not on this trip, but please don't let that stop you from continuing the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats lose to Arizona, fall out of first place
- Strasburg strong in 2nd rehab start, next stop D.C.?
- Papelbon offers advice on pennant race pressure
- Updated: Good news for Carpenter, Span close to live BP
- Nats return home hoping to get back on track vs. D'Backs
- After sweep, Vegas sees Nats and Mets trending in different directions
- Postponement gives Nats new home finale
- The Baseball Show: Is NL East up for grabs?
- State of the Nats: All tied up in the NL East
- Former National slams door as New York sweeps Washington