May 14, 2013, 10:08 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
The Nats and Dodgers meet again tonight in Los Angeles.
OK, 10 bucks to anyone who correctly predicted the Nationals, on May 14, would be starting an outfield of Steve Lombardozzi, Eury Perez and Tyler Moore. Such is life when Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth are injured and Denard Span gets a night off against one of the toughest lefties in baseball: Clayton Kershaw.
Though Harper didn't suffer any major injuries in his collision with the wall last night, he probably needs a night (or two) off. Knowing him, I'm sure he'll be trying to convince Davey Johnson he can pinch-hit late should the situation arise.
Dan Haren gets the start for the Nationals, seeking (incredibly) his fifth win. If he can pull that off tonight, he'll have really earned it.
As you know, I'm not on this trip, but please don't let that stop you from continuing the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Clear, 69 degrees, Wind 6 mph out to CF
2B Danny Espinosa
LF Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Phillies' All-Star likely to begin season on disabled list
- Report: AL Central team interested in former Nats closer Soriano
- Zimmermann contract talks "not looking good"
- Another Nats injury: Zimmerman banged up on diving play at first
- Former Nats All-Star wins closer job with Oakland Athletics
- Harper back in lineup as Nats face Cards
- Nats make 6 cuts as roster begins to take shape
- Forbes: Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers