May 15, 2013, 11:28 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Ross Detwiler faces Zack Greinke in the series finale at Dodger Stadium.
As the Nationals wrap up their series in Los Angeles, Bryce Harper again finds himself on the bench watching as a spectator, still held out after Monday night's nasty collision with the right field fence. The club remains confident he did not suffer a concussion on the play, but obviously he's still bruised up and needs a bit more time to heal before re-taking the field.
Harper's teammates can only hope to have more success at the plate tonight against Zack Greinke than they did last night against Clayton Kershaw. Greinke returns after missing a month with a broken collarbone, suffered during a bench-clearing brawl with the Padres.
Ross Detwiler starts for the Nationals, looking to even his record at .500, not to mention catapult his team into first place. Yep, the Braves already lost today in Arizona, so a win tonight would move the Nats into a tie atop the NL East.
Enjoy the conversation…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at LOS ANGELES DODGERS
Where: Dodger Stadium
Gametime: 10:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Clear, 64 degrees, Wind 5 mph out to CF
CF Denard Span
LF Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- One MLB columnist expects Lucas Giolito to be dominant in 2020
- Fernandez remains perfect in Miami, Marlins top Nats 4-1
- Tyler Clippard says chasing down the 'beatable' Nats will be 'a lot of fun'
- Nationals acquire Jonathan Papelbon for minor leaguer
- Werth, Zimmerman activated off DL
- Watching baseball with Obama
- Report: Nats 'making progress' in trade for All-Star closer
- Around the NL East: Are Mets moves enough to catch Nats?
- Troy Tulowitzki traded to AL East team in blockbuster deal
- Where will Nationals get their relief from?