May 16, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Wilson Ramos hunches over after injuring himself last night.
Every ballclub has to deal with injuries over the course of a season, and the good ones are able to overcome them by stockpiling depth and having Plan B and Plan C in place for such events. The Nationals certainly showed that one year ago, overcoming the extended losses of Jayson Werth, Michael Morse, Drew Storen, Wilson Ramos, Ryan Zimmerman and Ian Desmond and still winning an MLB-best 98 games.
But you can't help but have some sympathy for Davey Johnson and Co. right now. Though they've managed to avoid any devastating injuries to date, they just can't seem to get their eight regulars all healthy at the same time. Only five times in 40 games so far has Johnson submitted his Opening Day lineup card to umpires before first pitch.
And just when it looked like the Nationals were on the verge of being able to do that again — Bryce Harper has been cleared to return and Jayson Werth is due to come off the disabled list onRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann gets roughed up for 8 runs by Marlins
- Nats cut two more, reducing healthy roster to 27
- Is this a preview of Nats' Opening Day lineup?
- Rendon will begin season on DL with sprained MCL
- Frandsen released, Gwynn Jr. sent to minors
- Johnson, den Dekker adjust quickly to Nats
- Blevins' awkward 24 hours ends with K of Harper
- Werth crosses big hurdle in shoulder rehab
- Nats face Mets in final Viera game of the spring
- PHOTO: New Mets pitcher faces Nats one day after they traded him