May 19, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
Today the Nationals play the finale of their four-game series against the Padres out at Petco Park with what looks almost like a spring training lineup. Bryce Harper is out again with a sore left knee, there is no Jayson Werth of course, and Ian Desmond is taking a scheduled day off. Danny Espinosa will move over to shortstop with Steve Lombardozzi playing second.
Dan Haren (4-4, 4.76) will take the hill vs. San Diego after a string of good outings. He is 2-1 with a 3.00 ERA in the month of May so far. He has seen a lot of the Padres over the years having formerly been in their division with Arizona. In 14 career starts against the club, Haren has a 3.39 ERA across 95 2/3 innings.
Pitching for the Padres is 26-year-old Andrew Cashner (2-2, 2.84) who is off the best start of his young career. He has made five relief appearances against the Nationals over the last four years and has yet to allow a run to the team.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN DIEGO PADRES
Where: Petco Park
Gametime: 4:10 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 188
Weather: Sunny, 69 degrees
CF Denard Span
2B Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Tuesday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Tuesday's early games
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals return home for 4-2 over Mets
- Span leaves Tuesday's game with possible injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff