May 22, 2013, 6:00 PM EST
The Nats try to salvage one win at AT&T Park this afternoon.
So, to recap for anyone who hasn't been paying attention over the last 10 days: Bryce Harper nearly decapitated himself crashing into the fence in L.A., Ross Detwiler and Wilson Ramos got hurt in the same (with Ramos landing on the DL and Detwiler forced to miss at least one start), Jayson Werth suffered a setback in his attempted return from the DL, Ryan Mattheus broke his hand punching his locker in San Diego, Rafael Soriano blew two saves and called out Harper for contributing to the second one and Yunesky Maya gave up a 700-foot, walk-off homer to Pablo Sandoval in San Francisco. Good road trip for the Nationals, huh?
You know what would help make that red-eye flight home later tonight a whole lot more enjoyable? A win in today's series finale at AT&T Park. It won't cure all that ails the Nats right now, but it certainly would put everyone in a better mood. So Gio Gonzalez will attempt to put his team in position to earn that win and the lineup will attempt to cobble together more than a couple of runs and the bullpen will hope to attempt to close out a late lead.
Since we've got a game that's actually being played at a respectable hour on the East Coast, I'll be able to share some thoughts along the way right here. And I'll also have an Instant Analysis post as soon as the game ends, so please check back for all that…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
Where: AT&T Park
Gametime: 3:45 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 187
Weather: Sunny, 58 degrees, Wind 15 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
SS Ian Desmond
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series