May 25, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Dan Haren faces Jonathan Pettibone tonight at Nationals Park.
After a solid, 5-2 victory last night to open their homestand, the Nationals are sticking with their same lineup for the middle game of this weekend series against the Phillies. Might as well stick with what worked, including Kurt Suzuki in the 6-spot, with Tyler Moore and Steve Lombardozzi behind him.
That lineup tonight will go up against right-hander Jonathan Pettibone, seeking to become the Phillies' first rookie to go 4-0 to begin his career since Kyle Kendrick (last night's starter) in 2007. Dan Haren gets the nod for the Nationals, hoping his ragged outing in San Diego was a mere blip on an otherwise upward trend for the veteran.
Jeff Kobernus, meanwhile, officially had his contract purchased from Class AAA Syracuse and is available off the bench. Yunesky Maya has officially been designated for assignment, possibly ending his four-year tenure in the Nationals organization.
Remember: Tonight's game is on Fox. It'll be Tom McCarthy and Bill Ripken with the call. So that's a Phillies play-by-ply guy and a former Oriole. Enjoy…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:15 p.m. EDT
TV: Fox regional (coverage map)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 89
Weather: Clear, 65 degrees, Wind 18 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals try to get back on track in Miami
- Lack of late-inning execution holding back Nats
- Marlins 3, Nats 2: Familiar storyline leads to loss
- Intentional or not, Harper leads MLB in walks
- Nationals open long road trip in Miami
- MLB Power Rankings: Mets, Padres surprising early
- 'Baseball in the District' - Tom Schad of the Washington Times
- What have we learned about the Nats so far?
- Scherzer jams thumb in another solid outing despite Nats' loss
- Zimmerman dealing with plantar fasciitis