May 25, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Dan Haren faces Jonathan Pettibone tonight at Nationals Park.
After a solid, 5-2 victory last night to open their homestand, the Nationals are sticking with their same lineup for the middle game of this weekend series against the Phillies. Might as well stick with what worked, including Kurt Suzuki in the 6-spot, with Tyler Moore and Steve Lombardozzi behind him.
That lineup tonight will go up against right-hander Jonathan Pettibone, seeking to become the Phillies' first rookie to go 4-0 to begin his career since Kyle Kendrick (last night's starter) in 2007. Dan Haren gets the nod for the Nationals, hoping his ragged outing in San Diego was a mere blip on an otherwise upward trend for the veteran.
Jeff Kobernus, meanwhile, officially had his contract purchased from Class AAA Syracuse and is available off the bench. Yunesky Maya has officially been designated for assignment, possibly ending his four-year tenure in the Nationals organization.
Remember: Tonight's game is on Fox. It'll be Tom McCarthy and Bill Ripken with the call. So that's a Phillies play-by-ply guy and a former Oriole. Enjoy…
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:15 p.m. EDT
TV: Fox regional (coverage map)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 89
Weather: Clear, 65 degrees, Wind 18 mph LF to RF
CF Denard Span
RF Bryce Harper
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly