Game 50: Phillies at Nats

May 26, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Liking the panorama function on my new phone…

In the wake of last night's frustrating 5-3 loss, the Nationals face something resembling a must-win game today. Obviously, there's no such thing as a true must-win game on May 26, but the last thing the Nationals want right now is to fall back to .500 and into a tie with the Phillies for second place in the NL East.

So the pressure's on Stephen Strasburg to come up big against a Phillies lineup filled with reserves. No Ryan Howard. No Chase Utley. No Carlos Ruiz. Of course, the pressure's also on the Nationals lineup to do something against Cole Hamels, who has been frustrated by his own lack of run support and comes into this game with a stunning 1-7 record.

Updates to come, so please check back…

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, Ch. 9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Sunny, 70 degrees, Wind 14 mph LF to RF

CF Denard Span
RF Bryce Harper
1B Adam LaRoche

1. MicheleS - May 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM

GO STRAS! GO ONION!!! CRUSH THAT NINNY HAMELS!GYFNG!!!SJM308 – hopefully you are at least reading this one post, I will see you at Jason's on June 4th vs the Mets.

2. Joe Seamhead - May 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM

If I was a struggling ballplayer, I can't imagine getting any more blind loyalty than Davey shows Tyler Moore. I sure hope Tyler learned something from last night. That was very fortuitous that there was no harm done on the error and what seemed to be a lack of communication between him and Span. Davey also has exhibited great patience with Moore's lack of production at the plate. I sure hope that it pays off soon.

3. NatsLady - May 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM

It's a gorgeous day, if a bit cool, Got my seat on the sunny side. Anything near me I'll blow with my full force so if Span hits it home run distance it's a fair ball! Not sure what choice Davey has about Moore until Werth gets back. Go NATS!!

4. Joe Seamhead - May 26, 2013 at 4:23 PM

NL, enjoy the game. We got BBQ going with friends, but will have a TV going. With the roster we have now, I agree that Moore is the best choice to be facing Hamels. Going to sacrifice a chicken and do a warlock hex dance to guarantee a successful day for Tyler and a meltdown for Colbert.

5. DWS - May 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

6. JayB - May 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Instead of sacrifices and hexes how about roster moves and coaching changes. Much more effective.Danny E needs to be shut down for the year. Moore needs AAA as does Storen.Rendon is the best hope we have right now and that is sad…..RIZZO's roster is very poor. Trades need to happen this week not in June.

7. JayB - May 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Roger B is also wasting space. He should have some throw in value in a trade to some team looking to shed payroll

8. peric - May 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Just my opinion but if Danny can play day in/day out with a bum shoulder….Tylers good for a few more AB's.Danny is a stellar fielder at second base and at shorstop. The Nats have never had anyone with his range and arm except for Desmond. Its why he is still there and not on the DL. Because on the depth chart right behind Desmond sits one name and one name only: Danny Espinosa.

9. natsfan1a - May 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Haven't read and won't be reading the game thread comments. (I can only imagine.)A curly w today would be swell. Will be watching on tv today, but tomorrow will be there in person. Go, SS! Go, NATS!!

10. jeffwx - May 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM

enjoy the game with stras on the mound.Baseball in Washington on Memorial Day weekend…Wow!!!If you build it they will come.Go the distance, Nats

11. sjm308 - May 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Natsfan1a will be so proud. I think I just copied and will now try to paste from the end of the last article. Again thanks to Snopes and 128 for the kind wordssjm308 said… Snopes and 128, it was a long night and I was just frustrated. Thank you both. I wish I could skip over better but I just get caught up. I am pretty much a 68 year old addicted to beer and baseball and while things have changed on this site, I still relish hearing from most. As an example, this morning I thought Natslady set it up well and it went fine from there. Again, thanks for the thoughts and while I did contemplate finding better usage of the hours reading this blog, I am hooked. Go Nats!

12. sjm308 - May 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM

natsfan1a – what do you think of that???!!!next step is you teaching me how to post a link. That will have to be done in person.Great day for baseball. When was the last time we played in warmer weather?? I know the San Francisco stuff was pretty rough. I also was amazed that both JZimm and Haren were in shirtsleeves the last two nights. Go Nats!!

13. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Let the pitchers pitch and the hitters hit.Need to win all seriesLombo in his interview that Eck occassional talks to them.He should be encoyraging and coaching all the time.

14. peric - May 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Danny E needs to be shut down for the year. Moore needs AAA as does Storen.Corey Brown just got off of the DL. He's the next guy after Moore. He already has picked up the pace and has 5 home runs.If Moore's bat doesn't awaken I suspect that's who you'll see and the fielding will vastly improved in right and left with Werth out as a result. Many here probably won't like it but Brown represents a huge defensive upgrade at the very least even over Roger Bernadina. And he might just bring enough offense with him this time. Moore should be playing left-field in Syracuse to get acclimated to the position anyway. Since that's where they see him in their long term plan. As for Rendon you'll just have to wait until he gets promoted to AAA and then see what they do with him for at least another month. Rizzo isn't going to play him at any position but third base in the majors at this point.

15. sjm308 - May 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM

While I love Suzuki, I am glad to see he is getting a day off here and there. I can't imagine the wear and tear of catching day in and day out. I do think though that with Ramos out, it makes it easier to reach his incentives for next years contract. Does anyone remember how many games he needed for that to kick in?

16. A DC Wonk - May 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I haven't been able to keep up, so this may have already been brought to everybody's attention, but it gives me hope, and is a nice rebuttal to those who allegedly "hate" to assert that the Nats will finish .500From Boswell:By June 2, the Nats will have played 57 games, 38 of them against teams that have a winning record since the beginning of 2012. After June 2, they play 75 of their last 105 games against teams with a losing record over the past two seasons. Such a lopsided front-loaded ratio must have happened before, but I’ve never seen it.In those last 105 games, the Nats play only 17 games against any of the dozen top teams of 2012 and ’13. How can you ask for better luck than 88 of 105 games against mediocre-to-bad foes?All that opportunity arrives in just 10 days, if the Nats get there intact.

17. jeffwx - May 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

And 90% of pitching is mental, the other half is control.Some pitchers, like Henry, are still learning how to focus with men on base. How to keep concentration can depend on confidence. I think Drew has lost a lot of confidence even though his stuff, slider, is often outstanding. Hopefully, McCatty can help. The great pitching coach, Johnny Sain, would build up confidence by having them work on stuff that could be distacting, like throwing to first, not to pick off the guy, but to help the pitcher feel comfortable with a guy on base.

18. peric - May 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

RePost:Ghost and I agree Espinosa should either sit or get operated on.No, I agree I think he should get the surgeries because let's face it it now includes the wrist. The problem again, as I keep harping on like a broken record, is as Rizzo admitted: its not affecting his fielding. At both second base and shortstop Espinosa is nothing short of stellar. How do you replace that? A stellar fielder in both spots in the middle infield. And perhaps probably the top back up shortstop in the majors even with his offensive issues. Espinosa kills two critical birds with one stone. And needed him in both roles last season.But of course the great Natsjack and the "amateur" scout Ghost forget that. You know what sjm308 Ghost claims Natsjack is the only one that calls me on my BS? Look at the posts. He spends most of his time sniping at me like a smoker with no money looking for a drag. He's more of a snipe hunter if you ask me. He really brings little to the equation as far as insight because he is so busy worrying about what I say? And again, as I said years ago, why? Why? Because he and ghost must have nothing better to do with their time I guess. And you know what we can say about that …I am surprised you always fail to mention his sniping sjm308 so its hard for me to listen to your "lectures" when you are so accommodating to someone who acts like a petulant child when I am right about something … which to his chagrin happens far too often.

19. SCNatsFan - May 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Peric not going to rehash my point but no matter how good he is in the field we do not, cannot, carry a backup shortstop who can't hit just in case Desmond gets hurt. Waste of a roster spot on a team that is struggling. Positive vibes today, nice day and hopefully an excellent effort by the good guys.

20. sjm308 - May 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I really need to get back out to the yard but here I go into the fray again.Spring training and early season Peric was railing for Span on the bench with Harper Moore and Werth. Moore has been a total failure but Peric now wants Werth on the bench. Its just amazing I tell you. Great news is, I am out for the rest of the day. Sorry Peric but you will be talking to air. Werth will start as soon as he is healthy and might get some days off but it will be Harper Span Werth in what will, at the end of the season be one of the top outfields in the National League.Go Nats!

21. SCNatsFan - May 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM

And I think Davey gives Tyler a chance to sink or swim with a coupe of days straight. Lets hope he is up to the task and turns his season around.

22. jeffwx - May 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM

And if you like to emphasize defense, the best defensive player on this team is Adam LaRoche…the best firstbaseman I've ever seen…growing up Yankee, I thought it was Chambliss, but way off

23. A DC Wonk - May 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Oh, and Boz also wrote:In recent years, one important predictor of playoff success has been a slow start but a strong finish. Here are the slow-start records of the past 10 teams to reach the World Series: 24-23, 26-32, 50-47, 36-34, 40-39, 26-24, 38-32, 39-37, 24-22 and 17-16.

24. Clip&Store - May 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM

lets see if they manage to find a way to lose this one too

25. JaneB - May 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM

GYFNG!

26. peric - May 26, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Peric not going to rehash my point but no matter how good he is in the field we do not, cannot, carry a backup shortstop who can't hit just in case Desmond gets hurt. Waste of a roster spot on a team that is struggling. But you are not the GM SCNatsFan. I can't see any other reason for keeping Espinosa on the roster if they deem his medical treatment necessary. Do you? Except for that one item: he is the backup shortstop to Desmond as well as their very best fielding second baseman. Sorry Peric but you will be talking to air. Werth will start as soon as he is healthy and might get some days off but it will be Harper Span Werth in what willSounds like you drank too much wine in Sonoma sjm308 probably clouding your faculties as we see. Its poison anyway … the best fruit comes for the soil around Santa Ynez not up north amongst the super Yups. Well? Where the heck **IS** Werth? If he is needed so badly? Where? His injuries sound far less severe than Espinosa's? And you keep acting like he is some sort of Nats version of Pujols? He isn't even close. If the guy doesn't show up they need to plug someone in there who can field and that's either Brown or Perez. Clearly Perez's bat is not what the doctor ordered. They need a bigger stick. And a left-handed bat that might just hit to replace the Shark would only help.

27. jeffwx - May 26, 2013 at 4:53 PM

We've come a long way…out 2008 lineup on this day. Thank you Mike RizzoWashington Nationals 1. Harris 2b2. Guzman ss3. Boone 3b4. Young 1b5. Milledge cf6. Mackowiak lf7. Dukes rf8. Flores c9. Bergmann p

28. A DC Wonk - May 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM

And, one more pre-game comment — again, I'm not sure if this was previously hashed out or notThe luck of BABIP last night was on full display, I thought.#1 — the hit off of Storen that scored the first run was total luck. How often do you see a guy get rammed with "total jammage", and right hander hitting it off his fists, and it goes over the _first_ base bag? Consider: ALR was holding the runner and it _still_ got between ALR and the foul line.#2 — the hit off Storen that scored the second run was a decent hit, but see #3 (and, see #1, the inning should have been over):#3 — Span's 9th inning out was, if anything, a bit harder that #2, and would have easily scored two the two runners on base, but, alas, he hit it almost directly at the left fielder.

29. peric - May 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM

And if you like to emphasize defense, the best defensive player on this team is Adam LaRoche,Even if he ends up hitting .230 with around 20-25 home runs. That is what this team is designed for. And, yes, that is who should be at first base. They need to focus on getting right what they are supposed to do best and that is pitching and defense. That's way more important than the offense as much as it might chagrin many. It is what it is.

30. A DC Wonk - May 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM

jeffwx said… We've come a long way…ou[r] 2008 lineup on this day.Nice! (The improvement, that is ;-) )

31. peric - May 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM

#1 — the hit off of Storen that scored the first run was total luck. Just like Henry he walked a guy. And what happens to Henry when he walks batters? And now what happens to Storen when he walks batters?As Natsjack himself put it, you don't walk guys in that situation tied 3-3 and expect to be in a pennant race.

32. jeffwx - May 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Balance would be nice. I think most of see the offense is coming around…It is not a number 29 or 30 rated offense…better than that.

33. BigCat - May 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM

34. peric - May 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Speaking of the Yankees … they need a Paul O'Neill in right field. Pretty much depend on him to hit over 20 homers, bat around .300 and put in over 600 plate appearances up to age 38. For what they are paying Werth that is what he should be producing.

35. natsfan1a - May 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Excellent work, sjm.One of these days we will meet face-to-face and work on the linking. Baby steps. :-)sjm308 said… natsfan1a – what do you think of that???!!! next step is you teaching me how to post a link. That will have to be done in person. Great day for baseball. When was the last time we played in warmer weather?? I know the San Francisco stuff was pretty rough. I also was amazed that both JZimm and Haren were in shirtsleeves the last two nights. Go Nats!! May 26, 2013 12:39 PM

36. A DC Wonk - May 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM

BigCat said… Manassas……what is our record when we score 3 runs or more? They said it on the radio las night and I almost fell out of my chair. It's something like 21-4 or so. (without actually checking it . . . . )

37. natsfan1a - May 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM

38. natsfan1a - May 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM

39. Eugene in Oregon - May 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM

jeffwx @ 12:59 p.m.,I think I understand your point to be that the Nats *should* be better than 29th or 30th in offense in MLB, but the fact is they rank 14th out of 15 NL teams in runs/game, averaging 3.41. In comparing team offense, runs/game is only number that really matters (or, at least, the one that sums it all up). And 3.41 is more than half-a-run below the league average. Unless you're better than league average in both runs/game scored and runs/game allowed (not ERA, but RA), your odds of getting into the playoffs are slim. I agree that the hitting should (and eventually will) come around, but whatever the magic formula may be — and there are lots of posters here who believe they know the right mix, although their Rx varies significantly — the Nats need to find it before too long.P.S. – And while folks like to point to the starters' ERA as being among the best in the NL, the fact is that the team's runs/game allowed is only just better than league average (0.15 below). The Nats have allowed 22 unearned runs so far this season; only two teams have allowed more.

40. natsfan1a - May 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Excuse my empty posts. Just trying to decide on a new avatar.On topic – go, NATS, go!

41. Candide - May 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Pretty play, Desi!

42. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Candide I agree yo many comments no on the topic which is game 50.Great play Ian, and great start Stras.On the road no lights to stop and type for a while.

43. SCNatsFan - May 26, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Ryan…

44. Candide - May 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Anyone else here get the funny feeling Harper is sending Hamels a message, i.e., "Remember when you plunked me and said, 'Welcome to the big leagues?' I'm still here, and I'm gonna run you ragged, sucka."

45. Candide - May 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM

46. Candide - May 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Candide I agree yo many comments no on the topic which is game 50.Do what, now?MNF, please don't type and drive. I have no reason to wish you dead.

47. Unknown - May 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Zimmerman is on target for about 10 homers and 70 RBIs. That is pathetic production for batting in the three and fours slots. Every season, his production declines and he has more injuries. That's a pretty feeble return for a $100 million man. These are supposed to be his peak years age-wise. Rizzo should trade him before his no trade clause kicks in.

48. Candide - May 26, 2013 at 5:58 PM

RZimm with a C+ throw on another bouncer that he didn't have to charge.

49. Just wonderin' - May 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM

unknown – do you maybe – just maybe – see the inherent contradiction in saying that Ryan Z. isn't worth his $100m contract and then proposing that Rizzo trade him?

50. David Proctor - May 26, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Bob just got fooled big time.

51. SCNatsFan - May 26, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Carp getting excited on deep fly balls now.And looks like another day a pitcher with his problems gets well against the Nats. Bats must wake up. Bats must wake up.I fear giving Moore regular ABs now is not going to work out well but rooting for the big lug.

52. SCNatsFan - May 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

And how are opposing pitcher continuing to have good ABs against us? Maybe it just seems that way.

53. David Proctor - May 26, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Opposing pitchers are hitting .232 against us. Not sure what league average is but I assume lower.

54. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I never thought I could love a team more than the Skins. With the Nats I do. I will always be a Nats fan. With that being said this is not a good team. In fact it is pretty dang boring. But I'll keep hoping

55. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Hahahaha. Get the piano off the back Strasburg. Nice hit. How bout somebody get an rbi

56. David Proctor - May 26, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Another hard hit ball right to someone by Span.

57. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Another guy left in scoring position. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Snore snore

58. David Proctor - May 26, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Meh. Span scorched the ball right at Revere. Harper is clearly in pain. Fouling the ball off his knee did not help matters.

59. Just wonderin' - May 26, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Ryan Howard?

60. Just wonderin' - May 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Nix that.

61. Drew - May 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Poor Strasburg. His ERA just dropped below 2.50 and his team just will not score any runs.It's like we're watching the same old movie in driver's ed, waiting for the inevitable bullpen crash.

62. Just wonderin' - May 26, 2013 at 6:50 PM

drew – well put.

63. Just wonderin' - May 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Must be tough on a P to know that you have to be perfect — and even that may not be enuf.

64. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Disgusting batting. Eck must go Eck must go.

65. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Candide when I last typed I was parked in front of my brother's. No text and driving for me.I listened as again a man is at third with one and the batter K. Reminds me of what Wade Boggs says, that striking out with less than 2 out with a man at third is a sign of. A batter not coached well. Heard him say that in a number of interviews Casey Sterns looked it up and verified Boggs only k in that situation a dozen times in 20 years (have not verified it my self)Overall 0 for 4 RISP.Stras only flaw today way too many 2 strike fouls given up.

66. phil dunton - May 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

This is a must win game for the Nationals because if we lose we'll be six games behind the Braves and even with the lowly Phillies. For those who said a couple of weeks ago—"yea, we're playing lousy but we're only one game out of first place", well that's not the case just two weeks later and we're still playing lousy.

67. mick - May 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

well the good news is the Nats found their DH for the O's series, Stras, because no one else can hit their way out of a paper bagI know, its early, etc, etc.. and anyone who points out how pathetic this is is a troll, so keep trying boys

68. mick - May 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Phil, if Nats lose today, this becomes a crises

69. mick - May 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Wasian man, what really stinks is that the Nats are drawing 30,000 plus, proving this is a baseball town

70. mick - May 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM

and Wasian man, all we will see posted by those who attack any one who dares criticise in here is the same old losing excuses1) It still early2) The Nats ran into a hot goalie…oops, I meant pitcher, lol3They wind helff the ball up4) The umpiressame old same old losing excuses

71. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Terrible decision to bunt. Young hitters coming up

72. mick - May 26, 2013 at 7:26 PM

oh, and everyone is hurt and we are the only team in MLB who has injuries and it takes 45 games for Nats to figure out Espi was hurt

73. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Just woke up mick. Good stuff. Lets get it done right NOW. Gotta pinch hit with Suzuki here

74. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Dbl play coming. Gotta bat Uki here.

75. NatsJack in Florida - May 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Why don't you two get a room.

76. Drew - May 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Onion gets it done.

77. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I'll take it. Ugly but I'll take it. C'mon mick. Say a prayer with me baby. Lets get this.

78. MicheleS - May 26, 2013 at 7:30 PM

ONION!!!!! Obviously a SWEET ONION TODAY!!!

79. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Lets get more.

80. Secret wasian man - May 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Lombooooooo. From my high school. Hey nats jack. Are the tatt parlor s open on Memorial Day?

81. Drew - May 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Lombo!Demon Young looks worse than Adam Dunn out there

82. UnkyD - May 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

B.A.B.I.P.

83. MicheleS - May 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM

GEEZ Mick and SWM We are up 4 to 0 NOW.. I expect some happy thoughts out of you two! That was some GOOD Hitting (Granted helped by the crappy fielding) but ONION made it all th way around from 1st.

84. Candide - May 26, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Take 'em any way you can get 'em.

85. NatsJack in Florida - May 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM

They don't open till 5 pm.

86. Knoxville Nat - May 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Wasian man, the bunt worked did it not? Glad you are not in the Nats dugout managing this team.And as bad as the "Magnolia Muscle" might be in the OF I will gladly take him over Delmon Young.And once again this weekend Lombodarzzi comes through in the clutch. Maybe some of the doubters on this board will finally give him his due.

87. MicheleS - May 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM

My heavens.. Stras is just dealing today. So happy for him that he gets to come out for the 8th. Love it. One bad outing where he makes doesn't handle some things, gets called on it, and learns his lesson.

88. Candide - May 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Strasburg's at 97 pitches, and will obviously pitch the 8th. Think Davey lets him go for the CG if he has an easy 8th?

89. MicheleS - May 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Candide, I think it depends how quickly the Phillies lay down and Die in the 8th. If gets under 10 or 11 pitches, then maybe.

90. MicheleS - May 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Bryce needs a day off. He just looks beat up. the Kids a grinder, but a day off would be good for him (and yes I know they will have to tie him up and lock him in the bathroom to keep him out of the line up). Knee does not look good

91. Candide - May 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Nice to see the OTHER team implode when something goes wrong, for once.

92. Knoxville Nat - May 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Harper with a swing that reminds me of an injured Roy Hobbs. Maybe a Shark sighting in the 8th for defense and a day off tomorrow for Bryce is in order.

93. MicheleS - May 26, 2013 at 7:43 PM

MICK.. where are you.. I would expect you to be rejoicing right now. We are taking advantage of a sub par team.Shark needs to come in and run for Bryce

94. NatsJack in Florida - May 26, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Maybe mick and SWM got that room I suggested.

95. David Proctor - May 26, 2013 at 7:56 PM

A balk. What a f***king joke.

96. Gonat - May 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Huh, a balk?

97. Just wonderin' - May 26, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Unconventional (Mark Z's word) or top, take the 5 runs, forget about the balk, and close this thing out.

98. NatsJack in Florida - May 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

And ALR on his way to his typical .270/25-30 HR'S and 90+ RBI.

99. David Proctor - May 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Tyler has shown signs of progress. Walking, getting a few hits, getting on base. Maybe he's starting to figure it out.

100. IKN8wxU2 - May 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Deleon Young makes Adam Dunn look like Denard Span!

101. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I thought you had to actually reach in to get the balk not just move toward ir, as you are tricking anyone,and that is why they call balks, that was a weak call if accurate at all.At that the run should be unearned though game day shows it earned.TyMo looking better today. Keep working.

102. NatsJack in Florida - May 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Tyler struggled big time in ST for 3 weeks before finding his groove.

103. Drew - May 26, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I'm glad Tymo is warming up, but I'm surprised Davey hasn't brought Kobernus in to run for him and improve the LF defense.

104. Nats Fan in Brazil - May 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Why not storen for the neight? Why use clipp when he is not needed? I dont want last september all over again

105. Knoxville Nat - May 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Peric said,"You know what sjm308 Ghost claims Natsjack is the only one that calls me on my BS?"There you have it boys and girls straight from the horse's mouth. The crap he posts here is BS! My post of the day!

106. natsfan1a - May 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM