Game 53: Nats at Orioles

May 29, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
The Battle of the Beltways shifts to Camden Yards tonight.

BALTIMORE โ€” Hello from Camden Yards, where tonight the new-look Battle of Beltways continues with the series shifting north 45 miles. This is the new wrinkle of interleague rivalry play this season, and I have to say I kind of like how this worked out. Baseball doesn't normally do "home-and-home" series, other than in the postseason, so this has a distinctly different feel to it.

The series, of course, is knotted at one game apiece after the Nationals thumped the Orioles last night. Tonight, they'll give the ball to Jordan Zimmermann, seeking to become the majors' first 9-game winner. He'll be going up against a tough Orioles lineup, though, one that we've already seen do some damage the last two nights.

Chris Tillman starts for Baltimore, facing a Nationals lineup that is again without Bryce Harper but does have Danny Espinosa back after five straight days off to let his fractured right wrist try to heal. Chad Tracy, meanwhile, has the honor of serving as DH for this game in the AL park.

Lots of updates to come, so please check back…

BALTIMORE ORIOLES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), WTEM (980 AM), XM 177
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 88 degrees, Wind 9 mph out to CF

CF Denard Span
RF Roger Bernadina
1B Adam LaRoche

Read more ยป

1. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Espi did get a hit error advances him to second. Proper call.With Bryce Harper as acting hitting coach, things are clicking.

2. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Jordan looks better now.

3. NatsJack in Florida - May 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Re:Davey's look. It was about this time last year George Thorogood visited Nats Park before a game and called Davey his "Home Boy".

4. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 30, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Good inning Jordan.Now tack on a few more guys.Never enough.

5. JaneB - May 30, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Buck looks like Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Money Ball, to me.Ryan Zimmerman looks like a minor god to me.GYFNG!

6. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 12:44 AM

What is really funny is how everyone loves Bernadina, Zimm and ALR—– NOW—- and a month ago they were all ready to be sent to trades.Lets be real. None of these guys were hitting a month ago. Laugh now as it feels good.

7. MicheleS - May 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Isn't Johnson their closer???

8. A DC Wonk - May 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Wonkling here is freaking out. She's jumped up, screamed "holy $#@ — I've never seen three HR's in a game before!!"Then she said "didn't some guy in Texas hit four once?" (pretty good for someone who doesn't read anything on baseball, and everything she knows is, 100% just from watching Nats games (and what her dad tells her ;-) )

9. Joe Seamhead - May 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Meanwhile, in Atlanta, Jusin Upton two AB's and 2 K's.BJ Upton? Two AB's, 2 K's, the last one stranding two runners.I know we all are very sad about this..

10. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I love whoever is hitting. Simple as that.

11. Candide - May 30, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Any bets on who the Orioles fans will select as the star of the game?

12. Candide - May 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM

F.P. owes me a drink for his ZZ Top comment.

13. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Michelle – Jim Johnson is their closer. Steve Johnson was one of their 15 starts turned reliever.

14. JaneB - May 30, 2013 at 12:49 AM

We're baseball fans, 128. We love them even when we're mad at them. Not ALL of us wanted to trade them. Still, smiling is better.Six doesn't feel like enough to be laughing about though.

15. MicheleS - May 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM

128.. Thanks for that.. I didn't see that it was Steve.

16. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Danny still can't hold up. He tried.

17. Nats 128 - May 29, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Espinosa still going after fastballs at his eyeballs. Those things never change.

18. SCNatsFan - May 30, 2013 at 12:51 AM

I think the bone chip has floated up into his eye

19. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Span has game!

20. 3on2out - May 30, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Let's recap some very recent Legion of Doom remarks, shall we?The Orioles will sweep the Nats. The Nats suck. What a weak hitting team. Ryan Zimmerman has lost his power stroke and is now a singles hitter playing a power position. Bernadina should be DFAed. It's great reading the remarks of the Chicken Littles…they are so knowledgeable…I think many of us feel honored to have them share their insights with us.

21. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM

last time I saw someone hit 3 in a game was 1977…Reggie, Reggie, Reggiesorry non-yankee fans everywhere

22. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM

"MicheleS said… 128.. Thanks for that.. I didn't see that it was Steve."Any time.

23. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Zim's stuff is off. Get Stammen up.

24. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM

glad to hear at least someone on this blog is infallible…Are you the pope ?

25. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM

David Proctor. I guess you don't remember the last time JZ had a big lead. He put it out there for the hitters to try to hit. What he forget is this is a Band Box.

26. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Is Ryan Zimmerman having a career night? Jesus.

27. MicheleS - May 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Zim just nailed him.

28. Steady Eddie - May 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Wow — RZim is having some kind of a night with the leather as well as the lumber.

29. JaneB - May 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Zimmerman needs to eat all the same meals, wear the same clothes and do the same workout he ate/wore/did today. He's on fire!

30. SCNatsFan - May 30, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Ryan needs to pick it up in the field too.Hope he finally does something at the plate this inning.

31. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Zimm is having a night for the ages…up there with Werth game 4 homer, Stras first major league game, Zimms numerous walk off hrs,Ramos 3 run hr walkoff to cap a 5 run deficit comeback..

32. Sec. 3, My Sofa - May 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM

So, have I missed anything so far?

33. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Alfonso Sorianos 3 HR game came against John Smoltz and the Barfs.

34. JaneB - May 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Jeff, I was hoarse for days after that Ramos walk off!

35. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:02 AM

masn out…zimm is up…what's happening.Knew i shouldn[t have left the bar

36. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:03 AM

STRUCK OUT? TRADE THE BUM!

37. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 30, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Going into today Phil Wood said our average against bullpens is .188 No better tonight 0 for 7.

38. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM

"Zimm is having a night for the ages"Yeah and he still has a chance for 4 HRs as he will get at least 1 more AB.

39. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Thanks DP,Da…rn you, Angelos!!!!MASN out in TP

40. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I have a bad feeling about keeping Zim in here.

41. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Theres Ryan Flaherty. The guy was hitting .140 and was sent to the minors and got himself on track and brought back.

42. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Yup. I knew it.

43. Joe Seamhead - May 30, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Crap…

44. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:08 AM

And TylerMo has no hops.

45. MicheleS - May 30, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Umm.. Is anyone up in the Pen????

46. JaneB - May 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM

They have to wn this game for Zimm. Both Zimms. Yikes.

47. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:10 AM

ok, you guys way ahead of Charlie and Dave on MLB internet.Darn you Angelos!!!I will never walk in a park of yours again esp. AMSAngelos Memorial Stadium

48. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Bob Carpernter, "2 sets of great fans" Sure Bob sure.

49. Joe Seamhead - May 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I'm not big on Tyler Moore playing the outfield, but I don't blame him Nats128. Few, if any, could've caught that ball. Close, but no way Tyler gets it.

50. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM

TAKE ZIMMERMANN OUT!!!!!!!!!!

51. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM

oh shut up O's announcer…Bordick ? D…m you Angelos and your Megolithic Angelos Shut out the Nats (MASN) network!!!Don't worry O's bullpen stinks

52. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM

NO way. From a laugher to a tie game. Well Davey…….

53. mick - May 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM

I was really enjoying this game…I never thought J Zim would choke like this. Terrible! Team hits and pitching SUCKS, next night pitching is great and team can not hit… mark of a crappy team going no where and letting a great fan base down. If Nats lose tonight, they will lay down like dogs tomorrow and get embarrassed in Atlanta. Davey Johnson can stick his foot in his mouth after saying team turne dthe corner

54. Manassas Nats' Fan - May 30, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Damn I go on errand, what the hell happen with Jordan Zim, i come back in the car and its tied.Talk about shocked.

55. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:18 AM

This game is on me…If I stayed at the Limerick Pub with the baseball specials, all would be well but couldn't take sitting at the bar with an o's fan to the left or me and phis phans to my right, now here I am, stuck in the middle with Slim (the dog)

56. Gonat - May 30, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Davey with a poor read on JZim tonight. He was laboring in the heat. Not sure what Davey was looking at.

57. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Mick, don't blame the Nats…It's all my fault.

58. mick - May 30, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Let's be fair here, Sunday, Nats fell down against O's and QUIT… tonight O's fall down 4 runs at home verse Nats ace and come back

59. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Holy hell….

60. paul brandt - May 30, 2013 at 1:22 AM

if Harper is in left he catches that crap HR ball and throws out Markakis at 2nd. this game is really ticking me off now and their fans are much better than ours which pains me to say…oh well, get em tomorrow.

61. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Baltimore is third best offense….better for come backs…Chris Davis, Wow….2 Hrs by him, 3 by zimm.A game for the ages.Ok, O's announcers you can gloat now

62. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:22 AM

This is like the game against the Braves last year, except on the road…

63. NatsLady - May 30, 2013 at 1:22 AM

That was a mistake, sending Clip in. I love him but he is a fly ball pitcher, and the ball is flying tonight. We miss Mattheus tonight.

64. Gonat - May 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM

mick, can you ever just stop. Go on the Os board and tell them how great they are. I probably speak for most here that we don't want to hear it.

65. Joe Seamhead - May 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Let's be fair here…these guys can hit.

66. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Drew has given up HRs too. Who do you put in? Maybe Stammen.

67. do1teach1 - May 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Folks, the Orioles do this all the time. While we never come back to win, they always come back to win.It's just a superior organization to ours, top to bottom. Hate to say it but it's true.

68. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM

The July 21, 2012 game that I got thrown out for having a gentlemanly discussion with a TomahawkI think we were up 8-0 in the 6th before Strasburg and the pen exploded…but this is as painful.

69. NatsLady - May 30, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Yeah, Stammen. I was thinking that in the 6th, before all this happened. I was driving, though.

70. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Mick is like Poopy McPoop. Has to rub the poop in the face of everyone that bleeds Nats red.

71. paul brandt - May 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Joe, you are spot on, these O's can hit…wow!! and Machado is the real deal. Maybe we get lucky and they pee test Chris Davis before tomorrow's game…geeezzzz!

72. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM

People like do1teach1 just come here to gloat. What a crock of ****.The Orioles have no pitching. Just remember that.The game aint over.

73. NatsLady - May 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM

So I was only listening, can't judge if JZimm looked gassed. It's partly Mattheus, but also the Karns kid only going 4.1 innings, and right now you can't expect Haren to go more than 5. This is going to challenge the bullpen until Detwiler gets back.

74. Eric - May 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Well that was hard to sit through…DAMN!

75. SCNatsFan - May 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM

So hard to be a fan of this team

76. do1teach1 - May 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM

We are as likely to score 1,000 runs in the 8th and 9th innings, as we are to score 3.

77. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Anyone watch the Orioles closer blow a 3 run lead on Sunday in Toronto?Yah, it happens.

78. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Unfortunately we have Tracy-Suzuki-Espinosa coming up.

79. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:35 AM

McPhal built this team….McPhal is long gone!!!O's pitching is quite poor overall…Built for AL offense, not an NL type team

80. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Davey just left JZimm in too long. Jordan has earned Davey's trust (rightfully so) but he just couldn't get the job done today. Look at how the offense has come to life. That's a positive.

81. Gonat - May 30, 2013 at 1:37 AM

"SCNatsFan said… So hard to be a fan of this team"A shame it's hard for some of you. I like what the Nats are all about. This is the same team that blew a 9-0 lead last year in July and went on to have the best record in the Majors.Just too many fair weathered bandwagon types.Some only show up when the going gets tough.

82. NatsLady - May 30, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Jeezz, Tyler, get out of the way.

83. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM

84. Gonat - May 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM

jeffwx said… and we have to build with a supreme disadvantage…if Nats had the O's Cable contract, we'd be so much better.It's hard to cheer a team built by taking advantage of another team….What an evil empire built by Satan himself _________________________________________Angelos the devil incarnate. He gives away free t-shirts and the Os fans come running from Dundalk for free clothing.

85. Knoxville Nat - May 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I wonder if Davey would consider pinch hitting for Danny in the 9th if runners are on base?

86. Gonat - May 30, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Way to go Henry. Fundamentals!!!

87. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:44 AM

One thing I will never do is support an organization built on corruption, bribes, building unfairly on the backs of another team's hard earned pay…A disgusting organization built on some of the worst aspects of human nature.And to deface the country's anthem on top of that, the anthem that so many have fought and died for…There should be an ML boycott.I will boycott MASN here on out.

88. do1teach1 - May 30, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Henry fails to cover first. I say, as I've said before, we've got a team with mental problems at so many levels. This is really, really hard to watch and I am embarrassed to be a fan of this team.McLouth will now steal second.

89. SCNatsFan - May 30, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Gonat I was an Expos fan so I don't qualify as bandwagon. Put up with many horrid seasons waiting for this and t breaks my heart to see a .500 team. I love them but they are stabbing me in the heart.

90. Joe Seamhead - May 30, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I agree, Gonat. I came home hoarse last night. I have no problem cheering them on, even if I get frustrated with them sometimes.BTW, Moore has got to stay out of Span's way. That was a lot closer to being a stupid collision then it should have been.Henry, can't cover the bag, then can't hold a runner. Errrr…

91. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:46 AM

If you're "embarrassed" to be a fan of the team, you're not a fan. Go away and root for some other team.

92. mick - May 30, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Gonat Go to Hell you condescending a hole

93. baseballswami - May 30, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Jordan is amazing and has been on some kind of run. But– he seemed to struggle with fast ball command tonight and had several stressful innings. He was rushing. I guess he was due to have a rough start, but things spiraled quickly there. Took everyone's mind off the great Lombo/ Espi debate. Cannot believe we scored six, Ryan had three home runs!! Weird night. Wow. The highs and the lows.

94. NatsLady - May 30, 2013 at 1:47 AM

LOL. Davey shoulda put Henry in!

95. Cranblogger - May 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM

"This is really, really hard to watch and I am embarrassed to be a fan of this team."Don't worry, I don't think you are a fan of this team. No need to be ashamed. Except maybe for being one of those d-bag morons who shows up only when we're losing to spread your crap. Don't worry. No one will embarrass you by thinking you're a fan.

96. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Get Ryan Zimmerman up there to win it!

97. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I'd rather be a team with mental problems, than support a team built upon so much immoral foundations. Shame on you do1teach1…Is this what you stand for…An Angelos business structure where you screw everyone in your way to get what you want…Shame on you….I'd be embarrassed to support an organization that defaces what is so good about the game…shame on you and those that support such greed and corruption

98. mick - May 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Nats have already quit and it will carry over tomorrow 8th inning at bats were terrible

99. baseballswami - May 30, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Man, it does not take long for the spewing of venom to start. If anyone deserves a Mulligan it's Jordan.

100. phil dunton - May 30, 2013 at 1:50 AM

101. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:50 AM

No matter what the O's do, they will always be tarnished by the behavior of the organization…Sins of the owner….sins of the fans that defame the Nation's anthem

102. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:51 AM

"This is probably the most humiliating and demoralizing loss the Nationals have suffered since moving to DC. The team will have a difficult time recovering from this debacle."HAHAHAHA. Game 5 of the NLDS? The 8-0 loss to the Braves. This is nowhere near the worst.

103. Knoxville Nat - May 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Nobody here picking up on Mark's question for Davey? Why have a lefties in the bullpen if you aren't going to use him in that situation with Markakis at bat?Seems like Davey may be respecting the veteran too much. I wonder if Mark or some other beat reporter will bring it up afterwards?

104. mick - May 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM

baseballswami… I give Jordan a pass he has been great, I just think tonight is a is typical of a lousy over rated team

105. do1teach1 - May 30, 2013 at 1:52 AM

I HATE the Orioles and all they stand for. This makes it much harder to take that they've built a better team than we have. But that's what they've done.I have been admonished for saying I was embarrassed to be a fan of this team tonight. Shortly after I posted that note, Charlie and Dave said it was "embarrassing" to watch McLouth steal–without a throw, when "everyone in the park knew McLouth was going on the first pitch."If you're proud of that, then please write Charlie and Dave and condemn them for being embarrassed.

106. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Can Espy start the rally!

107. David Proctor - May 30, 2013 at 1:53 AM

There's a difference between saying something is embarrassing to watch and you're embarrassed to be a fan of the team. But I wouldn't expect you to know the the difference so you get a pass.

108. baseballswami - May 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Oh, I don't know — there was that Friday night vs the Braves and then there was the one where Livo gave up a ton and the Cubs came from behind. Although I have to say having Espi up last was quite poetic.

109. Nats 128 - May 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I guess not. Same same Espy. 3 pitches. 3 strikes. With the patented swing and miss and misses it by a mile.

110. mick - May 30, 2013 at 1:55 AM

do1teach1I hear my friend, I have learned over 3 years, that there are some real shi— people in here, all they do is go after anyone who says anything negative about the Nats. these creeps were use to the 100 loss seasons and I actually think they enjoy it when the Nats lose

111. Knoxville Nat - May 30, 2013 at 1:55 AM

How symbolic for Espinosa to close the night out with a big K. Maybe the Nats medical staff can fix the big chip between his ears.

112. Cranblogger - May 30, 2013 at 1:55 AM

You are being admonished for being like a fly that only shows up on dead bodies to lay their eggs.

113. Scott Margenau - May 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Dispicable. Espinosa is just bad luck, bad vibe, selfish etc. till he's gone a lot of us will be POd

114. mick - May 30, 2013 at 1:57 AM

and now we get to listen to Davey's soft spoken BS he says after every game,

115. Joe Seamhead - May 30, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Wow, mick, you're no fun right now, pal.I see a huge positive tonight: Ryan Zimmerman not only hit the snot out of the ball, but made about five terrific plays at third. Harper and Werth are seriously being missed right now, but they're hopefully back very soon.I also think Ryan Mattheus really deserves a kick in the butt. His absence really limits Davey's options.

116. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 1:58 AM

No Nats fan is proud of this loss…I have a problem claiming that the Os organization is somehow run better than the Nats…Given the way they continue to out and out steal from another organization with the Cable contract, It's remarkable they aren't better. Angelos buying the judicial system, the ML owners to continue to delay a hearing on the legality of the deal is truely a disgrace. He should be banished from the game, but he won't because he owns most of the owners.

117. mick - May 30, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Joe… how can you be happy, yes, Zim had a hall of fame night… and Jordan just imploded. each night it is something else…this season is a night mare because I know Rizzo will do something stupid to make this team slide back even further in 2014. This loss will symbolize the return to crappy baseball in DC and Joe the Nats QUIT in the 8th and 9th and that makes me sick!!!

118. jeffwx - May 30, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Mick, I think it is ok to critisize the team just as it ok for others to rebuke anothers critiques.If you dish it out, you ought to be able to have disagreement. Should we all be all negative or all positive…of course not…We can agree to disagree.Do I like Danny in the lineup, no.Do I like Davey keeping Jordan in so long, no.Do I like what this team is doing esp when its number 2 and 3 in the starting lineup are out, yes i do.You remember the 64 season….The cards were a game under 500 at the all star break and ended up being one of the greatest teams of the decade once they got healthy and acquired castoff from the cubs named Lou Brock

119. mick - May 30, 2013 at 2:06 AM

look at Sunday'game and tonight's game and that is all one needs to know. Nats fall behind Sunday and QUIT, O's fall behind tonight and fight back and Nats quit

120. paul brandt - May 30, 2013 at 2:06 AM

its one game, haters, mick and teach, relax. give the O's credit, they hit the snot out of the ball. So did we but nothing in the late innings and perhaps Davey left in Jzim too long but the kid deserved it as one of our few bright spots thus far…get em tomorrow but to go on your tirade each night after a loss is nauseating – go start your own discussion or better yet, just text among yourselves…geeeeezzzzz!

121. mick - May 30, 2013 at 2:10 AM

hey paul brandt… I will do whatever the hell I want, I am mostly positive in here and for you to selectively pick at me if you do not like a post makes you a creep in my book

122. paul brandt - May 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Joe, at 9:57pm, funny…did not see your post of "hit the snot out of the ball" when i posted mine of 10:06pm even though we were referring to different people/teams…takes me way too long to finish a thought.

123. do1teach1 - May 30, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Thanks Mick.I think a lot of people on this board need an intervention. They confuse embarrassment with disloyalty.This team destroyed an awesome bullpen on the idiotic premise that lefty-lefty match-ups don't matter. Now look at lefty batting average against our righties in the bullpen. Embarrassing.Our relievers still do NOT HOLD RUNNERS! Why? It's embarrassing.Two seasons of Espinosa futility. Embarrassing.Morse could've easily started 25 games for us at different positions this year. But we let him go for no good reason. Embarrassing.Davey, in his presser, has now blamed "the ballbark" at least 10 times. Hmmm…were the Orioles playing in the same park as the Nats? Embarrassing.The key to an intervention is to be honest and say when the problem-family member is embarrassing the family. Right now the Nats are embarrassing their family.Accept the intervention. Denial is not just a river in Africa.

124. paul brandt - May 30, 2013 at 2:17 AM

mick, fair enough, although i do agree with yours at 9:57pm re. Davey & his soft spoken ways…really think something may be wrong with the guy, he just doesn't seem "right."

125. mick - May 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM

do1teach1 well said, well said!with that goatee, Davey is projecting that he is now an old goatnow that ought to get the PC trolls in here riled up, lol

126. mick - May 30, 2013 at 2:20 AM