May 29, 2013, 11:56 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper is sitting out his third straight game tonight.
BALTIMORE — It wouldn’t be a day on the Nationals beat without a flurry of injury updates, so here’s the latest on several players attempting to return from various ailments…
— Bryce Harper is once again out of the Nationals’ lineup tonight, his bruised left knee not healed enough to allow him to play for the third straight day. Manager Davey Johnson said the 20-year-old outfielder will be held out again tomorrow.
Whether Harper (who has officially been diagnosed with bursitis in his left knee) is able to play this weekend in Atlanta remains to be seen.
“I don’t have a lot of high hopes, but I’m hopeful,” Johnson said. “However long that takes, is however long that takes.”
— Jayson Werth began his rehab assignment at Class A Potomac tonight, batting second and starting in right field for the P-Nats. This is Werth’s second attempt at returning to game action since he was sidelined at the beginning of the month with what the club originally believed to be only a mild hamstring strain.
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Diamondbacks at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Williams debates keeping streak alive or long term health
- VIDEO: Bryce Harper's hair is on fire and he plays the ukulele
- Asdrubal Cabrera fitting in with Nats in first few weeks since trade
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season
- Desmond leads way with 4 RBI in Nationals' 8th straight win
- Strasburg gives Nats 'what the doctor ordered'
- Nationals Stock Watch: Heroes aplenty during memorable week
- Strasburg tames Diamondbacks in 8-1 victory
- Gonzalez on the Nats' rotation: 'I want to catch up' (VIDEO)
- Nats' McLouth to have shoulder surgery, out for season