May 31, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
There was no shortage of topics to discuss last night on "The Baseball Show," with the Battle of the Beltways wrapping up and plenty of subjects and decisions to dissect, analyze and debate.
Here are several segments from the show, with Chick Hernandez — filling in for the under-the-weather Rob Carlin — and Jim Duqeutte joining me on set. In the first clip above, we pick the most significant moment of the series and discuss the growing rivalry between the Nationals and Orioles.
In the second clip below, we delve into the great Bryce Harper vs. Manny Machado debate and also rank our top five position players under 25 in MLB. After that, we recap Tuesday's matchup of rookie right-handers Nate Karns and Kevin Gausman. And finally, we look at Adam LaRoche's stunning turnaround from a disastrous April to an overwhelming May.
Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
Through Tuesday's games
NL PLAYOFFS STANDINGS
y-Clinched playoff berth
Through Tuesday's early games
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Marlins at Nats (DH), 1:05 p.m., 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Marlins at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Marlins at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
(End of regular season)
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals defeat Mets in triumphant return home
- Updated: Span leaves Tuesday's game with injury
- Division champ Nats come home for final week
- Zimmermann may be pushed back a day with bruised shoulder
- Zimmerman sits out vs. Mets after feeling soreness over weekend
- Around the NL East: Big offseasons ahead
- Predicting who makes the Nationals' playoff roster
- Yankees claim former Nats OF prospect off waivers
- State of the Nats: Final week before playoffs brings tough decisions
- Braves fire GM Frank Wren after missing playoff