May 31, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
There was no shortage of topics to discuss last night on "The Baseball Show," with the Battle of the Beltways wrapping up and plenty of subjects and decisions to dissect, analyze and debate.
Here are several segments from the show, with Chick Hernandez — filling in for the under-the-weather Rob Carlin — and Jim Duqeutte joining me on set. In the first clip above, we pick the most significant moment of the series and discuss the growing rivalry between the Nationals and Orioles.
In the second clip below, we delve into the great Bryce Harper vs. Manny Machado debate and also rank our top five position players under 25 in MLB. After that, we recap Tuesday's matchup of rookie right-handers Nate Karns and Kevin Gausman. And finally, we look at Adam LaRoche's stunning turnaround from a disastrous April to an overwhelming May.
Read more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Around the NL East: Another week of drama for the Marlins
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper