Jun 1, 2013, 7:49 PM EST
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Gio Gonzalez faces Tim Hudson tonight at Turner Field.
ATLANTA — After a crazy Friday night that saw Stephen Strasburg get hurt and the Nationals somehow pull out a 3-2 victory, they're back at Turner Field tonight for the second game of this big weekend series with the Braves with more injury news to report: Bryce Harper has officially been placed on the 15-day DL with bursitis in his left knee. The move is retroactive to May 27, so he's eligible to return June 11 against the Rockies.
Erik Davis takes Harper's spot on the roster, adding another right-hander to a bullpen that was taxed last night because of Strasburg's early exit with an oblique strain. Neither Craig Stammen nor Tyler Clippard are expected to be available tonight, so the pressure's on Gio Gonzalez to churn out a quality start and not force Davey Johnson to turn to his bullpen early again.
It would also help if the Nationals can get something going at the plate against Tim Hudson, never an easy task. Though he's 4-4 with a 5.37 ERA overall this season, he's 2-0 with a 1.27 ERA against the Nats (16-5, 2.55 ERA in his career against the franchise).
A friendly reminder that tonight's game is on Fox. Dick Stockton and Tom Verducci have the call. Here's the coverage map (and note that parts of Virginia will not be getting this game).
Updates to come…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at ATLANTA BRAVES
Where: Turner Field
Gametime: 7:15 p.m. EDT
TV: Fox (coverage map)
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 89
Weather: Partly cloudy, 84 degrees, Wind 7 mph out to LF
CF Denard Span
LF Steve Lombardozzi
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Cleveland Indians
- PHOTO: Max Scherzer takes out full-page ad to thank Tigers fans
- Braves claim former Nats prospect off waivers from Yankees
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Anthony Rendon
- Former Nats pitcher Ross Ohlendorf follows Detwiler to Rangers