Jun 1, 2013, 3:43 PM EST
[Updated 3:45 p.m.]
ATLANTA — The Nationals have placed outfielder Bryce Harper, still unable to play with bursitis in his left knee, on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to May 27) and promoted right-hander Erik Davis from Class AAA Syracuse to provide a fresh arm to a bullpen overworked as a result of Stephen Strasburg's oblique strain.
Harper heads to the DL with bursitis in his knee, the condition that has plagued the 20-year-old slugger since he slammed into the wall at Dodger Stadium 19 days ago. He is eligible to return June 11.
Strasburg, meanwhile, is headed back to Washington today to be examined by team medical director Wiemi Douoguih after departing last night's game with a strained right oblique muscle that could land the ace on the DL himself.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Giolito & Turner, Nats' farm system ranked highly by Baseball America
- Nats 2016 promo schedule includes figurine of Werth and his dog
- NL East: Mets closer permanently banned by MLB for PEDs
- Bryce Harper: 'I'm a big fan of what Kirk Cousins did this year'
- NL East: Mets' ace says he's open to contract extension
- Bryce Harper on potential for $400M contract: 'Don't sell me short'
- Why does free agent Ian Desmond still remain unsigned?
- Nationals to give out Bryce Harper Chia Pets in 2016
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Is Gott ready for a late-innings role?
- 2016 Nats roster outlook: Shawn Kelley adds needed depth to bullpen