Jun 1, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
[Updated 3:45 p.m.]
ATLANTA — The Nationals have placed outfielder Bryce Harper, still unable to play with bursitis in his left knee, on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to May 27) and promoted right-hander Erik Davis from Class AAA Syracuse to provide a fresh arm to a bullpen overworked as a result of Stephen Strasburg's oblique strain.
Harper heads to the DL with bursitis in his knee, the condition that has plagued the 20-year-old slugger since he slammed into the wall at Dodger Stadium 19 days ago. He is eligible to return June 11.
Strasburg, meanwhile, is headed back to Washington today to be examined by team medical director Wiemi Douoguih after departing last night's game with a strained right oblique muscle that could land the ace on the DL himself.
FINAL NL EAST STANDINGS
NL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE
WED: Giants at Pirates, 8:07 p.m. (ESPN)
FRI: Game 1, Pirates at Nats, 12:07 p.m.,
OR Giants at Nats, 3:07 p.m. (FS1)
SAT: Game 2, PIT/SF at Nats, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (MLBN)
OCT. 7: Game 4, Nats at PIT/SF, TBA (FS1)*
OCT. 9: Game 5, PIT/SF at Nats, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- 5 questions facing the Nationals in the postseason
- Nats finding ways to stay sharp (VIDEO)
- Games 1 and 2 at Nationals Park will be matinees
- Revisiting Opening Day predictions on the Nats
- Zimmermann named NL Player of the Week for 2nd time this year
- Nats' plan to stay fresh before Game 1 of the NLDS
- Denard Span sets Nats hits record to add to special day
- Zimmermann earns no-hitter through team effort (VIDEO)
- Perfect storm for Zimmermann to make magic
- Nats' Ramos shares moment in Zimmermann's no-hitter