Jun 3, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
USA Today Sports Images
ATLANTA — For the better part of a month now, the Nationals have been forced to talk about the impact they'd experience from the losses of several key players due to injury: Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg, Ross Detwiler, Wilson Ramos, Ryan Mattheus.
Well, for the first time in a month, they finally get to talk about the impact one of those players' return will have on the club's fortunes: Jayson Werth.
Having successfully completed a five-game rehab stint with Class A Potomac, Werth is scheduled to come off the disabled list Tuesday and be in the Nationals' lineup for their series opener against the Mets. And not a moment too soon for a club that could desperately use the veteran outfielder's contributions, especially at the plate after he went 9-for-17 with two homers on his rehab assignment.
"That'll be a shot in the arm," manager Davey Johnson said following yesterday's loss to the Braves. "He must've been reallyRead more »
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres
- Report: Mets may not pitch Harvey vs. Nats on Opening Day