Jun 4, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper's recent injury woes haven't made him any less popular at the ballot box.
Harper ranks second among National League outfielders and third among all NL players in voting for the All-Star Game, released today by Major League Baseball.
Harper has received 1,182,532 votes so far, just narrowly behind the Braves' Justin Upton (1,184,249) for the lead among NL outfielders. The only NL player to receive more votes than either of those two: Giants catcher Buster Posey (1,275,946).
No other members of the Nationals lineup rank in the top five at any of the infield positions or catcher, or in the top 15 at outfielder. Pitchers are not voted on by fans.
Harper's tally clearly shows his popularity around the sport. Though his April numbers (.344 batting average, nine homers, 18 RBI) putRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"