Jun 4, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper's recent injury woes haven't made him any less popular at the ballot box.
Harper ranks second among National League outfielders and third among all NL players in voting for the All-Star Game, released today by Major League Baseball.
Harper has received 1,182,532 votes so far, just narrowly behind the Braves' Justin Upton (1,184,249) for the lead among NL outfielders. The only NL player to receive more votes than either of those two: Giants catcher Buster Posey (1,275,946).
No other members of the Nationals lineup rank in the top five at any of the infield positions or catcher, or in the top 15 at outfielder. Pitchers are not voted on by fans.
Harper's tally clearly shows his popularity around the sport. Though his April numbers (.344 batting average, nine homers, 18 RBI) putRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'