Jun 4, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper's recent injury woes haven't made him any less popular at the ballot box.
Harper ranks second among National League outfielders and third among all NL players in voting for the All-Star Game, released today by Major League Baseball.
Harper has received 1,182,532 votes so far, just narrowly behind the Braves' Justin Upton (1,184,249) for the lead among NL outfielders. The only NL player to receive more votes than either of those two: Giants catcher Buster Posey (1,275,946).
No other members of the Nationals lineup rank in the top five at any of the infield positions or catcher, or in the top 15 at outfielder. Pitchers are not voted on by fans.
Harper's tally clearly shows his popularity around the sport. Though his April numbers (.344 batting average, nine homers, 18 RBI) putRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win
- Nationals lose tough one on walk-off vs. Cubs
- Bryce Harper still doesn't think he's MLB's best
- Nats go for 2 in a row at Wrigley
- Marlins players fail to show up at charity event
- Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't get criticism of Bryce Harper
- The Baseball Show: Time to sign Harper to an extension?
- Mets Matt Harvey may be dealing with 'dead arm'
- As Nationals soar, so does dominant Storen
- Roark, Ramos lead Nationals past Cubs 2-1