Jun 4, 2013, 5:29 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper's recent injury woes haven't made him any less popular at the ballot box.
Harper ranks second among National League outfielders and third among all NL players in voting for the All-Star Game, released today by Major League Baseball.
Harper has received 1,182,532 votes so far, just narrowly behind the Braves' Justin Upton (1,184,249) for the lead among NL outfielders. The only NL player to receive more votes than either of those two: Giants catcher Buster Posey (1,275,946).
No other members of the Nationals lineup rank in the top five at any of the infield positions or catcher, or in the top 15 at outfielder. Pitchers are not voted on by fans.
Harper's tally clearly shows his popularity around the sport. Though his April numbers (.344 batting average, nine homers, 18 RBI) putRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Zimmermann ready for game action after live BP
- Strasburg talks signing of Max Scherzer, rise of Nats as franchise
- Why the Nationals don't use the shift more
- Past failures fuel Barrett to bounce back
- Phillies lose to Division II baseball team in spring exhibition
- Live BP features Scherzer, broken bat, anthem
- Marlins ace Fernandez takes big step in Tommy John recovery
- Now a Dodger, Rollins says another NL East team was his 2nd choice
- Ex-Nats prospect could start for Braves in CF
- Harper wants to be a one team player