Jun 4, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Bryce Harper's recent injury woes haven't made him any less popular at the ballot box.
Harper ranks second among National League outfielders and third among all NL players in voting for the All-Star Game, released today by Major League Baseball.
Harper has received 1,182,532 votes so far, just narrowly behind the Braves' Justin Upton (1,184,249) for the lead among NL outfielders. The only NL player to receive more votes than either of those two: Giants catcher Buster Posey (1,275,946).
No other members of the Nationals lineup rank in the top five at any of the infield positions or catcher, or in the top 15 at outfielder. Pitchers are not voted on by fans.
Harper's tally clearly shows his popularity around the sport. Though his April numbers (.344 batting average, nine homers, 18 RBI) putRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK
- Game Thread: Nationals open series vs. Marlins
- Desperate Nationals recall OF from AAA Syracuse
- MLB Power Rankings: More movement in AL East
- Ross shines against former team, pulled early for innings limit
- Span likely out for season after latest injury
- Nats banged up in 4-2 victory over Padres, win third straight series
- Updated: Taylor leaves Nats-Padres game after colliding with wall