Jun 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Can one ninth-inning rally carry over to the next night and create long-term momentum for a struggling ballclub? The Nationals certainly hope so, though you all know the adage by now: Momentum is only as good as your next day's starting pitcher. So the Nats will need Dan Haren to come through with a strong performance tonight against the Mets.
But they'll also hope to string some more hits together, with a lineup that tonight will include Anthony Rendon making his first big-league start (and only ninth career professional start) at second base. All the Steve Lombardozzi fans out there need not worry: Lombo is scheduled to start in left field tonight, so he's not being cast aside to the bench 24 hours after driving in the game-winning run last night.
Meanwhile, Stephen Strasburg and Ross Detwiler are each supposed to throw bullpen sessions this afternoon, after which the Nationals will determine when each injured starter will be ready to return to the mound. So stay tuned for updates there, and right back here for game updates throughout…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 77 degrees, Wind 10 mphRF to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain
- For Nats, second half begins with high expectations
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win