Jun 5, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Can one ninth-inning rally carry over to the next night and create long-term momentum for a struggling ballclub? The Nationals certainly hope so, though you all know the adage by now: Momentum is only as good as your next day's starting pitcher. So the Nats will need Dan Haren to come through with a strong performance tonight against the Mets.
But they'll also hope to string some more hits together, with a lineup that tonight will include Anthony Rendon making his first big-league start (and only ninth career professional start) at second base. All the Steve Lombardozzi fans out there need not worry: Lombo is scheduled to start in left field tonight, so he's not being cast aside to the bench 24 hours after driving in the game-winning run last night.
Meanwhile, Stephen Strasburg and Ross Detwiler are each supposed to throw bullpen sessions this afternoon, after which the Nationals will determine when each injured starter will be ready to return to the mound. So stay tuned for updates there, and right back here for game updates throughout…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 77 degrees, Wind 10 mphRF to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth officially set to return from DL vs. Miami
- Nats' NL East rival trades for former fan favorite Clippard
- State of the Nats: Thinking big before the trade deadline?
- Strasburg to take big step in rehab on Wednesday
- Report: Padres wanted ex-prospect back from Nats in Kimbrel trade
- The Baseball Show: A rough start to the second half
- Brutal stretch for Nats has end in sight; Taylor's heating up
- Cole pitches Pirates past Nationals 3-1
- Rendon sits, as Nats aim for series split with Pirates
- Does weeklong tear mean Desmond is back?