Jun 5, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez is not expected to be among the players facing suspension by Major League Baseball for their connection with the Biogenesis clinic in Miami, according to a new ESPN report.
That report, posted tonight on ESPN.com, said MLB is seeking to suspend about 20 players believed to have received performance enhancing drugs from Biogenesis, including stars Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun.
Gonzalez's name was initially tied to Biogenesis and founder Anthony Bosch in a Miami New Times article published in late-January, but the pitcher denied any connection and a subsequent ESPN report said he received only legal substances from the clinic.
In tonight's report, ESPN said Gonzalez will be "scrutinized but possibly exonerated" by MLB, which has been conducting its ownRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Dodgers, 8:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Dodgers, 10:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Dodgers, 3:10 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals open big series in Los Angeles
- Astros fire manager Bo Porter, who came from Nats
- Nationals promote 6 players in September call-ups
- State of the Nats: Nationals-Dodgers could be playoff preview
- Nats' numbers in August were off the charts
- Three homers not enough in 5-3 Nationals loss to Seattle
- Nationals go for series sweep in Seattle
- Strasburg pitches gem as Nats beat Mariners 3-1
- Manny Pacquiao to throw first pitch before Nats-Dodgers game
- Mets could lose Murphy for rest of season