Jun 5, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez is not expected to be among the players facing suspension by Major League Baseball for their connection with the Biogenesis clinic in Miami, according to a new ESPN report.
That report, posted tonight on ESPN.com, said MLB is seeking to suspend about 20 players believed to have received performance enhancing drugs from Biogenesis, including stars Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun.
Gonzalez's name was initially tied to Biogenesis and founder Anthony Bosch in a Miami New Times article published in late-January, but the pitcher denied any connection and a subsequent ESPN report said he received only legal substances from the clinic.
In tonight's report, ESPN said Gonzalez will be "scrutinized but possibly exonerated" by MLB, which has been conducting its ownRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Strasburg exits early in Nationals' 9-3 win
- Strasburg leaves game early due to apparent injury
- Harper on using patriotic bat on the Fourth: "Why not?"
- Nats rolling out special Fourth of July uniforms vs. Giants
- Robinson's seventh-inning homer good enough for 2-1 win
- Gonzalez heads to the mound to start series vs. Giants
- Williams got Division Series out of mind quickly
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats, Astros making a push
- Wacky way for Scherzer to take another loss
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss