Jun 5, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez is not expected to be among the players facing suspension by Major League Baseball for their connection with the Biogenesis clinic in Miami, according to a new ESPN report.
That report, posted tonight on ESPN.com, said MLB is seeking to suspend about 20 players believed to have received performance enhancing drugs from Biogenesis, including stars Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun.
Gonzalez's name was initially tied to Biogenesis and founder Anthony Bosch in a Miami New Times article published in late-January, but the pitcher denied any connection and a subsequent ESPN report said he received only legal substances from the clinic.
In tonight's report, ESPN said Gonzalez will be "scrutinized but possibly exonerated" by MLB, which has been conducting its ownRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fister still working out mechanical glitches
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup