Jun 5, 2013, 12:25 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Nationals left-hander Gio Gonzalez is not expected to be among the players facing suspension by Major League Baseball for their connection with the Biogenesis clinic in Miami, according to a new ESPN report.
That report, posted tonight on ESPN.com, said MLB is seeking to suspend about 20 players believed to have received performance enhancing drugs from Biogenesis, including stars Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun.
Gonzalez's name was initially tied to Biogenesis and founder Anthony Bosch in a Miami New Times article published in late-January, but the pitcher denied any connection and a subsequent ESPN report said he received only legal substances from the clinic.
In tonight's report, ESPN said Gonzalez will be "scrutinized but possibly exonerated" by MLB, which has been conducting its ownRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Orioles at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats make deadline move for Asdrubal Cabrera
- Gio, Nats host Phillies for first of four-game set at Nationals Park
- On deadline day, Nationals have decisions to make
- Nationals Stock Watch: Roark leading Nats' rotation
- Nationals get a big rally, then hang on for dear life
- Nats end road trip with much-needed 4-3 win over Marlins
- Bryce Harper rediscovers his hitting stroke
- Nationals need win today to avoid losing road trip
- Depleted Nationals lineup shut out by Marlins
- Nationals can't fight back against Marlins, lose 3-0