Jun 6, 2013, 7:43 PM EDT
Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
It feels like I've written this more than a few times already this season, but once again the Nationals are facing something close to a must-win game tonight. After last night's lopsided loss dropped them below .500 and into third place in the NL East, they really can't afford to drop another game in the standings and lose the series to a not-good Mets club.
So, Gio Gonzalez, it's up to you to come through with a big performance tonight. It's also up to the lineup to get something going against the winless Shaun Marcum after last night's lifeless showing against Dillon Gee.
The Nationals have yet another new face in their bullpen tonight. With Stephen Strasburg officially placed on the 15-day DL, left-hander Xavier Cedeno has been promoted from Class AAA Syracuse. Cedeno, claimed off waivers from Houston after the season began, doesn't figure to be here long. The Nationals will need to call up Ross Ohlendorf on Saturday to start against the Twins, so somebody else will have to be dropped before then.
Updates to come, please check back…
NEW YORK METS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Chance of rain, 70 degrees, Wind 13 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals
- Nats activate Denard Span from 7-day DL, option Steven Souza, Jr.