Jun 6, 2013, 2:19 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Dan Haren watches as Marlon Byrd rounds the bases after a homer.
Game in a nutshell: Momentum? What momentum? If anyone expected some carryover from last night's dramatic win, they were sorely disappointed. The Nationals put themselves in an early hole and never came close to climbing out of it. Dan Haren lasted only four innings and served up three more home runs. The Nats' lineup turned Dillon Gee and his 5.68 ERA into a Cy Young candidate. And the Mets cruised their way to a lopsided victory that leaves the Nationals in highly unfamiliar territory. They're back under .500, and thanks to the Phillies' win earlier in the day, they're now in third place in the NL East for the first time since the final day of the 2011 season.
Hitting lowlight: Not that a couple of changes were going to completely turn the Nationals' offensive fortunes around, but theRead more »
NLDS: NATIONALS VS. GIANTS
SAT: Game 2 at Washington, 5:37 p.m. (FS1)
MON: Game 3 at San Francisco, TBA (MLBN)
TUE: Game 4 at San Francisco, TBA (FS1)*
THU: Game 5 at Washington, TBA (FS1)*
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals draw Giants in NLDS after Wild Card win
- Braves' hitting coach resigns after trying season
- Game thread: Giants-Pirates battle to face Nats in NLDS
- Former Nats slugger Adam Dunn still plans to retire
- Giants or Pirates: who should Nats prefer to play in NLDS?
- How the '14 Nats are better than the '12 Nats
- Royals beat A's 9-8 in 12 in AL wild-card thriller
- 'Now the fun begins' - Nats enter postseason on a roll
- Game thread: Who will advance in AL Wild Card game?
- Bryce Harper to play showcase in Japan after MLB playoffs