Jun 6, 2013, 2:19 AM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
Dan Haren watches as Marlon Byrd rounds the bases after a homer.
Game in a nutshell: Momentum? What momentum? If anyone expected some carryover from last night's dramatic win, they were sorely disappointed. The Nationals put themselves in an early hole and never came close to climbing out of it. Dan Haren lasted only four innings and served up three more home runs. The Nats' lineup turned Dillon Gee and his 5.68 ERA into a Cy Young candidate. And the Mets cruised their way to a lopsided victory that leaves the Nationals in highly unfamiliar territory. They're back under .500, and thanks to the Phillies' win earlier in the day, they're now in third place in the NL East for the first time since the final day of the 2011 season.
Hitting lowlight: Not that a couple of changes were going to completely turn the Nationals' offensive fortunes around, but theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Marlins, 12:40 p.m.
THU: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
FRI: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Phillies at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SUN: Phillies at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals hang on to beat Reds 4-2
- Instant analysis: Reds 1, Nationals 0
- Roark, Nats win 4-1, hand Reds seventh-straight loss
- Denard Span leading the way for Nats in July
- Roark, Nats look to bounce back in Game 100 of 2014 season
- The Baseball Show: Should the Nats make a trade? (VIDEO)
- Power Rankings: Which MLB stadium is the best?
- MLB Power Rankings: Nats trending up after big week
- 'Baseball in the District' - Bob Nightengale and Matt Skole
- Nationals Stock Watch: Strasburg's road struggles continue