Jun 7, 2013, 4:52 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Tonight's interleague series opener between the Nationals and Twins has already been postponed due to the heavy rain that has been sweeping through the area since yesterday and is expected to linger through the night.
The game will be made up Sunday as part of a split-ticket, day-night doubleheader. The original game scheduled for 1:35 p.m. remains unchanged, with tonight's rainout to be made up at 7:05 p.m.
Thus, fans holding tickets for tonight's rainout can either use them for Sunday's 7:05 p.m. makeup game or exchange them for a comparable ticket to any available future home game this season.
The Nationals weren't left with many scheduling options. A Saturday doubleheader wasn't possible because the originally scheduled game is for 4:05 p.m., with a postgame concert by Blues Traveler to follow. Because Fox has exclusive broadcasting rights from 7-10 p.m., the Nationals wouldn't have been able to televise a game in primetime.Read more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Werth shooting for opener but will be cautious
- Escobar '100 percent committed' to new position
- Why Harper's confidence is a good sign for Nats
- A year older, Rendon ready for the long grind
- Nats' minor league affiliate gets new ownership
- Harper on Nats signing Scherzer: 'Where's my ring?'
- Report: Ichiro happy to be away from Yankees' manager Girardi
- Full roster has reported, but Werth still rehabbing
- Wilson Ramos talks Nats' stacked rotation, personal goals
- After whirlwind debut, Treinen finds comfort zone