Jun 7, 2013, 4:52 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
Tonight's interleague series opener between the Nationals and Twins has already been postponed due to the heavy rain that has been sweeping through the area since yesterday and is expected to linger through the night.
The game will be made up Sunday as part of a split-ticket, day-night doubleheader. The original game scheduled for 1:35 p.m. remains unchanged, with tonight's rainout to be made up at 7:05 p.m.
Thus, fans holding tickets for tonight's rainout can either use them for Sunday's 7:05 p.m. makeup game or exchange them for a comparable ticket to any available future home game this season.
The Nationals weren't left with many scheduling options. A Saturday doubleheader wasn't possible because the originally scheduled game is for 4:05 p.m., with a postgame concert by Blues Traveler to follow. Because Fox has exclusive broadcasting rights from 7-10 p.m., the Nationals wouldn't have been able to televise a game in primetime.Read more »
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nate McLouth gives Nats depth & insurance
- Nats still have things to do at Winter Meetings
- Napoli, Red Sox agree on 2-year, $32M deal
- Nats 1B Adam LaRoche to join USO Holiday Tour
- Carlos Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Nationals sign outfielder McLouth to 2-year deal
- Phillies looking to trade CL Jonathan Papelbon
- Mariners sign Robinson Cano to 10-year, $240 million deal
- Point/Counterpoint: How good will Fister be?
- Sean Casey: Doug Fister is 'huge for the Nationals'