Jun 7, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
On last night's The Baseball Show, Mark and Rob Carlin talked about Bryce Harper's upcoming visit with Dr. James Andrews. The star outfielder is getting a second opinion on his swollen left knee on Monday and his status moving forward is in question.
In addition to experiencing a setback with his knee, Harper also lost power at his home last night. The rain sweeping through the region that postponed Thursday night's game against the Mets, also shut the electricity off in Harper's building. It was an all around tough day for the 20-year-old.
Power is out in my building! This is just great! #NoAir
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) June 7, 2013
Mark and Rob also discussed the return of Jayson Werth and how he can provide a spark for the Nationals' struggling offense.
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw
- Stars shine in Nats' 9th straight series win
- Harper, Scherzer power Nationals past Cubs
- Nats Stock Watch: Scherzer showing why he's the ace
- One more category Bryce Harper leads the NL in
- Some good, some really ugly in Nats loss
- Cubs' farm team trolls Nats, Wizards after walk-off win