Jun 7, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
On last night's The Baseball Show, Mark and Rob Carlin talked about Bryce Harper's upcoming visit with Dr. James Andrews. The star outfielder is getting a second opinion on his swollen left knee on Monday and his status moving forward is in question.
In addition to experiencing a setback with his knee, Harper also lost power at his home last night. The rain sweeping through the region that postponed Thursday night's game against the Mets, also shut the electricity off in Harper's building. It was an all around tough day for the 20-year-old.
Power is out in my building! This is just great! #NoAir
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) June 7, 2013
Mark and Rob also discussed the return of Jayson Werth and how he can provide a spark for the Nationals' struggling offense.
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scouts for several teams in attendance at Hamels' 1st spring game
- Zimmermann solid, Moore on fire in Florida
- Matt Harvey returns to mound in Mets' spring game
- Escobar having stiff back examined by doctor
- Marlins spending lots of money off the field, as well as on it
- Nationals hit the road to face Braves
- Zimmerman passes first test at first base
- Rendon reflects on first full pro season
- Giants lose Hunter Pence to significant injury
- Scherzer "happy" with first start of spring