Jun 7, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
On last night's The Baseball Show, Mark and Rob Carlin talked about Bryce Harper's upcoming visit with Dr. James Andrews. The star outfielder is getting a second opinion on his swollen left knee on Monday and his status moving forward is in question.
In addition to experiencing a setback with his knee, Harper also lost power at his home last night. The rain sweeping through the region that postponed Thursday night's game against the Mets, also shut the electricity off in Harper's building. It was an all around tough day for the 20-year-old.
Power is out in my building! This is just great! #NoAir
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) June 7, 2013
Mark and Rob also discussed the return of Jayson Werth and how he can provide a spark for the Nationals' struggling offense.
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Nats' defensive mistakes add up in loss to Cardinals
- Nats lose 8-0 to Cardinals on Wainwright's two-hitter
- Span scores three runs for Hagerstown in minor league rehab game
- Doug Fister pitches in Viera, timetable for return set
- Bryce Harper back in Nats’ lineup to face Cardinals
- Nats return home to face Wainwright, Cardinals
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers making noise
- Nationals dominating opponents late in games
- Instant analysis: Nats 6, Marlins 3
- Nationals face dominant Fernandez in series finale