Jun 8, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here posting the game thread today as Mark is actually recovering from getting his appendix removed. He had the procedure today and might need a few days. I am not able to attend the game today as well because of prior commitments, but I will be back on the beat tomorrow for the doubleheader.
After two games being postponed, Gio Gonzalez (3-3, 3.64 ERA) will finally take the mound for his first start since June 1. Throughout his career he has had trouble with extra time off, going 7-8 with a 4.85 on six or more days of rest. Gio also has an unfortunate history with the Twins with a 2-3 record and 7.80 ERA in six career starts.
Pitching for Minnesota is veteran right-hander Kevin Correia (5-4, 4.09 ERA). The 32-year-old has faced the Nats 13 times in his career, including six starts, and holds a 3.33 ERA against the club.
Enjoy the game…
MINNESOTA TWINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB Network, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 75 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2013 schedule (subject to change)...
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast