Jun 8, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here posting the game thread today as Mark is actually recovering from getting his appendix removed. He had the procedure today and might need a few days. I am not able to attend the game today as well because of prior commitments, but I will be back on the beat tomorrow for the doubleheader.
After two games being postponed, Gio Gonzalez (3-3, 3.64 ERA) will finally take the mound for his first start since June 1. Throughout his career he has had trouble with extra time off, going 7-8 with a 4.85 on six or more days of rest. Gio also has an unfortunate history with the Twins with a 2-3 record and 7.80 ERA in six career starts.
Pitching for Minnesota is veteran right-hander Kevin Correia (5-4, 4.09 ERA). The 32-year-old has faced the Nats 13 times in his career, including six starts, and holds a 3.33 ERA against the club.
Enjoy the game…
MINNESOTA TWINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB Network, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 75 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- How secure is struggling Jordan's rotation spot?
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss
- Williams shows faith in Clippard despite struggles