Jun 8, 2013, 5:13 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here posting the game thread today as Mark is actually recovering from getting his appendix removed. He had the procedure today and might need a few days. I am not able to attend the game today as well because of prior commitments, but I will be back on the beat tomorrow for the doubleheader.
After two games being postponed, Gio Gonzalez (3-3, 3.64 ERA) will finally take the mound for his first start since June 1. Throughout his career he has had trouble with extra time off, going 7-8 with a 4.85 on six or more days of rest. Gio also has an unfortunate history with the Twins with a 2-3 record and 7.80 ERA in six career starts.
Pitching for Minnesota is veteran right-hander Kevin Correia (5-4, 4.09 ERA). The 32-year-old has faced the Nats 13 times in his career, including six starts, and holds a 3.33 ERA against the club.
Enjoy the game…
MINNESOTA TWINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB Network, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 75 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer goes distance, but controversial call hands Nats loss
- Scherzer looks to keep historic run going
- Warning: Harper's Body Issue cover will make you blush
- Nats sign 1st significant Latin prospect in years
- Around the NL East: Phillies hire MacPhail to help rebuild effort
- Nats lineup goes silent in loss to Braves
- Fister's rough inning leads to Nats' 4-1 loss to Braves
- New President makes Nationals race debut
- Las Vegas really likes the Nationals in October
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate