Jun 8, 2013, 5:13 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here posting the game thread today as Mark is actually recovering from getting his appendix removed. He had the procedure today and might need a few days. I am not able to attend the game today as well because of prior commitments, but I will be back on the beat tomorrow for the doubleheader.
After two games being postponed, Gio Gonzalez (3-3, 3.64 ERA) will finally take the mound for his first start since June 1. Throughout his career he has had trouble with extra time off, going 7-8 with a 4.85 on six or more days of rest. Gio also has an unfortunate history with the Twins with a 2-3 record and 7.80 ERA in six career starts.
Pitching for Minnesota is veteran right-hander Kevin Correia (5-4, 4.09 ERA). The 32-year-old has faced the Nats 13 times in his career, including six starts, and holds a 3.33 ERA against the club.
Enjoy the game…
MINNESOTA TWINS at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 4:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB Network, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 185
Weather: Mostly cloudy, 75 degrees
CF Denard Span
RF Jayson Werth
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Phillies may target Cabrera to replace Rollins
- Significant moment No. 10: Roark makes rotation
- USO tour was "life-changing" for Nats' Fister
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series