Jun 9, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Davey Johnson gave an update before Saturday's game on Stephen Strasburg, confirming the right-hander is still on track to return June 16. Strasburg threw a bullpen session that showed no complications for his strained right lat muscle. He was originally placed on the 15-day disabled list on June 6.
The Nationals completed their 2013 draft on Saturday as well, picking a total of 39 players. Only three of the Nats' newest members are still alive in the NCAA Tournament, two from Rice University and one from UCLA. If you want to check out the Nats' draft picks in the tournament, here is some information on when you can see them:
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cespedes debuts for Mets, as Nats aim to even series
- Nats are in a real pennant race now
- Mets beat Nats 2-1 in epic game capped by Flores walk-off
- Nats' reliever to get second opinion on ailing shoulder
- Catching up with now-Mets pitcher Tyler Clippard
- Mets get Cespedes for big series vs. Nats
- Nats, Mets begin weekend series with first place on the line
- MLB Power Rankings: Hamels, Price, Tulo all get traded
- A formula that could work wonders for Nats
- Nats ride strong pitching to shutout win