Jun 9, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Davey Johnson gave an update before Saturday's game on Stephen Strasburg, confirming the right-hander is still on track to return June 16. Strasburg threw a bullpen session that showed no complications for his strained right lat muscle. He was originally placed on the 15-day disabled list on June 6.
The Nationals completed their 2013 draft on Saturday as well, picking a total of 39 players. Only three of the Nats' newest members are still alive in the NCAA Tournament, two from Rice University and one from UCLA. If you want to check out the Nats' draft picks in the tournament, here is some information on when you can see them:
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals open pivotal series in St. Louis
- State of the Nats: Cardinals up next; Werth heating up
- Taylor avoids injury scare, returns to lineup with a bang
- Strasburg leaves Nats win over Marlins with injury
- Nats overcome rough start, win 7-4
- Nats look for fourth consecutive series win vs. Marlins
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well