Game 63: Nats at Rockies

Jun 11, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT

USA Today Sports Images

First of all, I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who sent well-wishes following my unscheduled (I don't like to refer to it as "emergency") appendectomy Saturday morning. I'm doing great, actually was back home 12 hours after the procedure. I'm still a little stiff and sore at the incision point, and I haven't been cleared for any baseball activities yet, but otherwise all is good. I'll be monitoring this week's games in Colorado and Cleveland from the home office, then I should be rejoining the club Monday in Philadelphia.

The Nationals open a three-game series tonight at Coors Field, but attention once again will be on Bryce Harper, who is back with the team after yesterday's examination in Pensacola, Fla., with noted orthopedist James Andrews. Davey Johnson will be giving the full update on Harper during his pregame media session (which should come around 6:30 p.m. EDT) but I can tell you (via a source close to Harper) that he has not undergone any type of surgery and any concern about that photo of him wearing a knee brace is "probably overblown."

As for tonight's game, Dan Haren gets the start, trying to bounce back from a ragged start against the Mets and trying to get the Nationals back over the .500 mark. Enjoy the game and the conversation here…

WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 86 degrees, Wind 15 mph out to RF

CF Denard Span
LF Roger Bernadina
RF Jayson Werth

1. Doc - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM

So MarkMeister, are you going to do a media rehab down in Hagerstown or Potomic? LOL

2. Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Great, great, great to have you back, Mark. And don't discount the operation. Remember, a "minor" operation is when somebody else has it. It's "major" when you've undergone it. Great to have you back, at least at the home office. Can't file updates from a hospital room. Though, if anybody can, it would be you.

3. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM

How's about heading over to Crystal City today Mark and interview Bryce Harper!

4. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Best 19 are here and when the 5 injured players get off the DL the Best 24. 1 change to make.Are they afraid if Tracy leaves he takes the Goon Squad T-shirts with him?

5. Sec. 3, My Sofa - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Crystal City? So he's *not* "back with the team"?

6. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM

@MikeDiGiovanna No surgery for #Angels LHP Sean Burnett but he will be shut down for a month, won't pick up a ball.There you go. No surgery per Dr. Andrews. Where is the indicative TJ that some were calling for?

7. Drew - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Glad you're closer to tip-top, Mark.If folks don't believe a moray eel caused the scar, blame it on a thresher shark, or Mary Ellen Moffat.

8. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Sec3, my understanding is he flew to Washington to relax. I think they will send him on a 2 day rehab assignment once he wakes up with no swelling and feeling 100%.

9. bowdenball - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM

GoSM-As I said at the end of the last thread, maybe they're afraid that if Corey Brown replaces him he'll lose whatever minimal trade value he may have when he's raking in AAA, because he strikes out way too much against AAA pitching to even think about hitting major league pitching.I'd give Brown a try too, because Tracy's been that bad. But those of you who hate strikeouts would absolutely despise watching Brown hit. No position player on the current roster strikes out as much as Brown. In fact some of the pitchers don't strike out as much as Brown.

10. sm13 - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Sounds like Dr. A wasn't in a cuttimg mood yesterday. Both Sean and Bryce escaped the scalpel. Now, lets see how long before Bryce returns to the lineup, with or without a brace.

11. Eugene in Oregon - Jun 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Mr. Zuckerman: Glad you're better, but take it easy.Anyone: Is Jhoulys Chacin the Rockies pitcher who took that nasty line-drive to the face off a Nats' bat (maybe Ian Desmond's) a couple of seasons ago?

12. DL in VA - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

No. That was Juan Nicasio.

13. Eugene in Oregon - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Got it; thanks, DL.

14. baseballswami - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Just look at the respective era's of both pitchers. And in Coors. Yikes. I hope someone has tied Bryce to a chair. And I don't ever want to hear again that he knows his body best. He is. 20. No he does not. He thinks he is superhuman. As do all 20 yr olds.

15. NatsLady - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I don't know what it means, but I think Jhoulys Chacin is the prettiest name in baseball.

16. EmDash - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Strasburg pitching against live hitters now, it would appear.

17. baseballswami - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Ooh, emdash– you know how to make my day!!

18. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM

bowdenball, I'm a realist. It's short-term gain and probably long-term frustration with Corey although he has had 2 big time pressure contact plays which stick in mind. He had that suicide squeeze in his 1st game and had that walk-off single.If the Nats are in it in July, it's the big lefty bat off the bench that Davey needs.

19. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:44 PM

embdash, nice pic and prayers given! Let's go Stras!

20. baseballswami - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Pretty quiet on the Det side of things. I assume he is with the team?

21. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Amanda Comak ‏@acomak 2m Stephen Strasburg already completed his sim game at Coors Field. Threw to a few teammates. Seems he was still alive when he left the mound.

22. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:47 PM

baseballswami, Det is with the team. If Ohlendorf is with the team, they are keeping under wraps.

23. PDowdy83 - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM

JD, Byron Kerr is reporting "shoulder fatigue" that does not appear serious for the reaon Solis was placed on the MiLB DL. Doug Harris says Solis has been working very hard with his rehab and could benefit from a few days rest.

24. baseballswami - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Ghost– The fans want to know. Time to unwrap!

25. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Amanda Comak ‏@acomak 49s The #nats signed right-hander Mark Lowe and assigned him to Triple-A Syracuse, the team announced.Also time to find out Henry Rodriguez's fate today. Stay tuned.

26. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:56 PM

swami, very true. Unwrap!

27. EmDash - Jun 11, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Mark Lowe. Hm. That's a weird dumpster-diving kind of move, though I guess there's no such thing as a bad minor league deal…

28. SCNatsFan - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I thought it was Derek Lowe thought that was a strange signing.My guess on Henry? The Angels.

29. baseballswami - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Oh, Henry. I thought maybe Bo would have taken him by now. The Blue Jays picked up Wang, maybe Henry, too?

30. pwilly - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM

With all the call-ups from the minors Lowe is probably just to restock the system. When you release two pitchers from the bullpen it trickles down to the farm.

31. JD - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM

PDowdy83,That's good news on Solis. This guy is an actual prospect and was going to be fast tracked to the majors before the TJ.

32. bowdenball - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM

GoSM-We're basically on the same page. I think the problem is not that Tracy is still on the 25 man as the LH bench bat instead of Brown, but that those guys are our two best options. I do think Brown is worth a try, just because he can't be worse than Tracy has been, so I guess I'm with you there too. Plus all that whiffing could help keep the fans cool through the hot DC summer.

33. JD - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM

pwilly, Yeah, the Syracuse rotaion is :Maya, Rosenbaum, Tatusko, Tora and Mandel. Not exactly prospects row and not a lot of taxi squad potential either.

34. Drew - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM

MLBTR had some interesting Rockies numbers today in a post about Roy Oswalt's future with the team.The Rockies are third in the majors with 317 runs scored. The team got off to a brisk start because it had a competitive 4.24 ERA in the first month.The Rockies' team ERA has regressed badly, topping 5.00 over the last two weeks.They can be had, but the Nats have to bring the lumber.

35. John C. - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Welcome back, Mark. Very glad to hear that you are on the mend.

36. JD - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Bowdenball and Ghost, Brown was in the top 5 in almost all offensive categories in AAA last year and yet he was not called up and used when injuries occurred. He was never really put in position to compete for a job in spring training and he also didn't do anything to open anyone's eyes. The Nats talent evaluators aren't idiots. They must know he's a AAAA player or he would have been up by now. What do you guys think about acquiring some one like Schirholtz (excuse the spelling) or Duda or someone of that nature? what if the price is: Matt Skole or Destin Hood?

37. JD - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Mark, Had I known you were under the knife I would have said a prayer on your behalf last Saturday morning. Get well soon and come back soon.

38. EmDash - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Going to be an unpleasant game for the players – currently 98 degrees in Denver.

39. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Tonight should be win 3 of 10.Though another poster think is loss 5 in a row.

40. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

JD, the Nats talent evaluators aren't idiots Who got Paul.LoDuca and Chad Tracy and Henry Rodriguez?

41. JD - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Ghost,That's harsh. Everybody makes mistakes. All these guys made some sense at one time or another.

42. Don - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Haren's gotta pund the zone. Can't walk anyone at Coors and he'll need the groundballs (which he can get). I am so glad that Werth is not batting 2 over the last several games. It's just a bad place for the guy to be. They tote his OBP ability but that is a side effect of his strength, he's a guy who can hit 30 bombs, he's swinging for the fences and he's being oh-so-very handsomely paid to produce runs, not to bunt guys over and take some pitches so Span can steal, etc. Also glad that Zuckerman is back on his feet with the coverage. :-)

43. NatsLady - Jun 11, 2013 at 9:59 PM

How can it be 98 degrees? Wasn't it snowing about 5 minutes ago?

44. NatsLady - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Werth doesn't have his good legs back. I saw that when Trent Jewett sent him home. Best he hits lower in the order.

45. David Proctor - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I liked Werth in the 2 hole, but I like Rendon there better. I'd do Span-Rendon-Harper-Zimmerman-Werth-LaRoche-Desmond-Suzuki-Pitcher. Although I'm not sure I like Desi so far down. But LaRoche shouldn't be hitting 7th either. Kinda tough.

46. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:04 PM

JD, I fire the person who got LoDuca. Oh that's right, JimBo.

47. JD - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:09 PM

David, It may well end up this way next year but I think they want to keep the pressure off the kid for now.I think Werth may end up 6th or 7th when everyone is back and healthy. Don, Werth has hit over 30 HR's one time and it was in the Philly band box. He ain't the power hitter you portray and he isn't going to become one at his age.

48. Don - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM

JD — Fair enoguh, but my point on Werth is that he is better suited to bat in the middle of the order, where he has had by far his best MLB success. I think Rendon at 2 makes a lot of sense. He makes contact and hits the ball to all fields, he has ddecent speed and can drop a bunt — and if he has to bunt it's not some terrible wsate like Harper wasting a chance to mash a ball into the next county.

49. David Proctor - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:33 PM

While it's true he's only hit 30 homers once, he is capable of hitting a lot of doubles. In 2010, he hit 46 doubles. Last year he hit 21 in only 81 games.

50. David Proctor - Jun 11, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Span is usually good for about 5 HRs a year. He hasn't hit any yet (came close against the Phillies). I predict he hits one this series, aided by Coors Field.

51. Steamer - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I agree with you Ghost!!!

52. Steamer - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

But thank you for all the Nats fans that are thinking about Sean,he is a warrior

53. Steady Eddie - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:48 PM

David Proctor — the bizarre thing about that almost-dinger Span hit against the Phillies is that it went on a line well into the second deck (was only maybe a foot or so foul — I was sitting right under its pathway down the RF line). It went so much further than anything else I'd seen Span hit this year, fair or foul, that it was jarring — like, where did THAT come from?

54. David Proctor - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Amanda Comak ‏@acomak 25s#nats head trainer Lee Kuntz said Bryce Harper had a PRP shot as well as a cortisone shot in his bursa sac during his visit to Dr. Andrews.PRP = Platelet Rich Plasma

55. David Proctor - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Amanda Comak ‏@acomak 22sThe plan is for Harper to rest for one week and then the docs will reevaluate him. Knee was put in brace solely to rest it.

56. Steady Eddie - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Steamer — I have very fond memories of Sean reading "Green Eggs and Ham" to my then-10-year old daughter during the Nats' 2011 Picnic in the Park.And I loved the way he had just straightened out his game from what was a couple of meltdown months before that by the simple step of moving his release point to the first base end of the rubber.

57. David Proctor - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Harper tweeted"Bryce Harper ‏@Bharper3407 33s"We should reflect on our eternal goals and not make hasty and unwise decisions.” –Robert D. Hales #GoodthingstaketimeRoss Ohlendorf officially starting tomorrow, Detwiler coming off the DL and starting Thursday.

58. Steamer - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Thanks Eddie I will tell him that he does miss the Nats fans

59. NatsLady - Jun 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Steamer, good luck to Sean. Maybe we will see him next year in Interleague or the WS ;

60. David Proctor - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM

It's interesting that Harper got a cortisone shot after initially saying he wasn't going to do it.

61. EmDash - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Maybe having a doctor like Andrews tell him it was safe reassured him? Hard to say.

62. NatsLady - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Did they announce the roster move for Ohlendorf?

63. David Proctor - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I'd think it's Karns since Detwiler is pitching Thursday.

64. Caps Fan - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM

I have fond memories of Sean Burnett reading 50 Shades of Gray with Clippard and Mattheus.

65. Another_Sam - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:52 PM

MZ – Glad you're back. I hope you take it easy for a bit.this lineup: I'm okay with it. I'd like BH in there but reading down this lineup doesn't make me cringe.

66. paul brandt - Jun 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Hey Doc Andrews, interesting to see your conservative approach with Harper & Burnett and I applaud you for it but where was that same approach with RG3 when he limped back on the field vs. Seattle on the colored dirt/sod they call a field at Fed-ex? still upsets me.

67. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

If you are watching pre game– did you see Tyler facing right up to reporters? Taking responsibility. Having a great attitude. Willing to do whatever the team needs. How can you not pull for a kid like that?? Hope we see him again soon and he is hitting the cover off the ball.

68. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:22 AM

And as for Bryce– of course I would love to have him out there. But I would like the team to break it's dependence on him. I would like him to know, and the team to know, that he is not the only guy on the team. Too much pressure. Could be a good lesson for everyone.

69. Another_Sam - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Swami — well said. I agree completely. Good thought.

70. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Hoping for no errors by Rendon. I know he's still learning the position, but against a team like the Rockies and hitters like CarGo and Tulo, you can't give them extra outs.That goes for Ryan too.

71. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM

GYFNG

72. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Oh, Balkin Bob Davidson is the HP ump…

73. SCNatsFan - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Please let it be the good Haren tonight

74. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Oh, no– it's Balking Bob!!!!!

75. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:42 AM

David!!!!!

76. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:44 AM

James Wagner ‏@JamesWagnerWP 35sDenard Span, playing his first game in Denver, looked gassed after running out a foul ball to right. Laughed pre-game about the altitude.Something to keep an eye on?

77. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Zim has hit a few doubles extremely far. Should be homers. Makes me wonder if the strength in his shoulder is good, but not quite all the way there. Of course, he hit 3 homers against Baltimore so that would seem to dispel that.

78. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Really hot there, too.

79. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Was that an actual walk???? By a Nat????

80. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Hey folks… Just got home… Saw Zimm et all… What happened to Span and Roger?

81. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Ugh, it would've been nice to at least get Zim in there.

82. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Glad to see us being patient at the plate…. Please let good Haren show up…. *sigh*

83. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Span ripped a ball that was about 1 foot foul. Had triple written all over it. Then he hit a ball hard to first for the out. Roger had a soft groundout.

84. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Please be good Dan Haren today…

85. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Span and Roger grounded out. So , don't get me wrong, I love watching the Nats, but I would love to have checked out the Gerrit Cole debut, which I thought was going to be on MLB. Rays and Sox. Guess they are hoping for another fight.

86. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Bad BABIP or bad umping?

87. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM

It hit the chalk. Bad BABIP.

88. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Thanks for the answers….

89. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Horrible luck.

90. Steamer - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Swami it was awesome first batter he struck out then his first time up to bat a single that brought in 2 runs

91. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Dan Haren's fastball <. Stras' change up??

92. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Passed ball on Suzuki. Can't be making those mistakes.

93. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Good job Haren.

94. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Steamer– should be on tv!!!

95. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:04 AM

*golf clap for Haren for that inning*. Hoping we can get at least 6 more…

96. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Very tight SZ….

97. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM

I am just hoping Haren gets through his outing without Balkin Bob calling him on a balk.

98. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Oh yeah…. Welcome back Mark…. Glad to hear you are doing good (better)….

99. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Another walk!

100. Steamer - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

For you guys yes it should of but I'm in central Pa and watched it on roots sports.The bad thing the buccos get no respect

101. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Swami, with the runner on third, I was terrified of a balk call scoring the run.

102. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Another walk! Who said the Nats never walk?

103. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Okay… So I didnt see Denard or Rogers's at bat but it seems as if everyone else is going good with their plate approaches….

104. Steamer - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM

And he's done 7 1/3 and the buccos 5 to 0

105. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Good job Anthony!

106. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Steamer- that game is a great matchup!!

107. paul brandt - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Come on Rendon, elevate! haha!

108. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM

No double play ball Suzuki.

109. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

So once again a kid comes up with a simple approach to hitting. Seems like eventually something or someone(ahem) ruins them.

110. Steamer - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Back to the Nats lets Go!!!!

111. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Not a productive out, Suzuki.

112. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Zook was safe!!!! Good call, blue…

113. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Haren can hit…. Idk about bunting…

114. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Well I'll be damn…. A good bunt…. Come on Denard, give me a hit baby!

115. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Interesting at bat.

116. paul brandt - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM

MrsB – replay disagrees with you but I don't.

117. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM

That a boy Span! Small ball pays off at Coors Field.

118. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Oh yeah baby!!!!! Go head Denard…. I love that man…. 2 out runs!!!!

119. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Alright Haren, a shutdown inning here would be huge.

120. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Whatever works.

121. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Bryce Harper ‏@Bharper3407 1mI want to play already! Can't sit here and watch my boys out there! Miss being on the field! #DLsucksI'm sure it's killing him.

122. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:20 AM

I was hoping that D Span would hit his first Hr as a Nat and the season while at Nats Park…. But I would totally be okay, if he hit it this series…

123. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:20 AM

This zone is extremely small.

124. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Every time a ball is hit in the air, I hold my breath.

125. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM

David – hahahahahahahah me too… Lol…. I was like oh stuffin, when that went into the air…. Lol…

126. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM

*another golf clap for Haren for that inning*Need about 5 more of thoses…

127. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Let's add some runs now, 2 is nowhere near enough.

128. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Adam seems to beat the shift a lot…

129. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Chacin at 60 pitches already

130. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM

make that 64

131. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:33 AM

That's real good Mick…. I'm hoping we can get another 20 pitch inning next time….And I'm hoping for a short inning for Haren, right now….

132. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM

yup

133. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Adam is a smart hitter. If they overshift him, he'll bunt or just poke it that way.

134. Steady Eddie - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Good Dan through three. Now like to see Rendon's first dinger.

135. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

That may have been the worst at bat ever by Chacin.

136. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

*golf clap for Haren for another great inning*Need about 4 more…. Thanks!

137. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Haren has kept pitches low, hope he can do it second time around.

138. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Wow. That was a popup and it nearly went out.

139. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I thought he was gonna drop that…

140. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Carp pulls a Johnny. says Suzuki throws him out. he meant Tulo threw out Suzuki.

141. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:43 AM

how bout that!

142. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Watching Dan Haren run the bases in the funniest thing ever.

143. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Haren… Is…. Faster… Than…a…. Mustang…..*snickers*

144. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Chacin now at 79 pitches, 5th could be his last

145. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Ouch Span…. Not a good at bat…

146. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Davey said we were going to become aggressive hitting.We have a little bit.

147. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Alright we got Shark, Zim, Werth up next inning. Good opportunity to add some runs.

148. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:46 AM

The 5th inning has been an enigma for Haren…. Hopefully, he will keep cruising…Seems like it's hard to play 1b battling the sun right now…

149. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Mrs B not great that time but great last time.

150. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Fun game so far!When are they gonna implement 1st base mics? I really wanna know what base runners and first basemen talk about…

151. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Oh yeah MNF… I'm hoping Span gets his first HR as a Nat this series….

152. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I really wanna know what base runners and first basemen talk about…one of baseball's mysteries

153. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Do we have any .300 batters yet?

154. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Rendon might be close.

155. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:53 AM

We did til Harper got hurt.Haren knows *exactly* what he's doing so far.

156. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I have to say, when Haren is actually on, he's one of the more fun pitchers to watch. He just goes out there and hits his spots and paints. Reminds me of JZimm. Obviously when he's off, I'd rather gauge my eyes out than watch.

157. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Haren 56 pitches through 4. Most have been low.

158. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Per MASN broadcast, Rendon was at .293 before that last fly out.

159. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Every time Haren steps on the mound or moves, I get nervous the ump is gonna call balk…I've totally lost the definition of it, at this point…Damn, didnt realize that was the 4th, thought it was the 5th…*golf clap for Haren for another good inning*

160. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Rendon

161. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Zim ascended to I believe .300 even during his 3-hr game, then dipped back below in his final at bat.

162. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Just a great play by Roger…..

163. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Come on Zim…don't do that.

164. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:00 AM

RZim has hit less double plays this year, but still way too many.He hits the ball hard and runs too slow.

165. paul brandt - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Jayson, nice slide, i think? is there a name for it?

166. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan said…RZim has hit less double plays this year, but still way too many.agreed

167. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:01 AM

If 2nd is open and a speedy runner at 1st, DJ has got to send that runner…. Zimm hits in DP's an awful lot….

168. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:03 AM

We need more runs. I feel very uncomfortable with 2 runs in Coors Field…

169. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:03 AM

As long as the hamstring is okay….

170. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM

David – I'm sitting here hoping for a 4-0 game…. But I will take 2-0….

171. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:04 AM

LaRoche not being very helpful.He has come up twice with a man on second. Then makes an out.In between he comes up with no one on and he gets a hit.Unfruitful batting

172. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Matt Gelb ‏@magelb 51sI've never seen this. The wrong Twins reliever came in from the bullpen. He is running back and a new one is here.That's hilarious and embarrassing.

173. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Uh oh, Haren is suddenly missing up…

174. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Uhm…. Haren, you aight?

175. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Yikes that pitch to Colvin. Lucky it's not 2-2.

176. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Okay, Haren, please bring it back down….

177. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Of course. Knew it.

178. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I just said… Bring it back down…. That is terrible….

179. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM

so that is 16 gopher balls for Haren..anyone know the record?

180. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM

It's the 5th inning… So you knew it was gonna happen…. He maxes out at the 5th more times than others..Come on offense…

181. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM

A good outing goes to…

182. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Damn you Haren .Walk then honer. The walk 0-2 to start with.If he rattles then he is not a 10 year pro.Keeping the ball down worked get back to it.

183. EmDash - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Oh, Haren. He had started so well. Keep it low, man.

184. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Big cat asked me record last week. 50 by hall of famer Bert Blylevin

185. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM

a team has to score 4 runs min verse Rockies in their park

186. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:12 AM

The walk hurt… As most of them do… But Haren has been more on than off…We need to get back to the good patient at bats and not leave runners stranded…

187. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan said…Big cat asked me record last week. 50 by hall of famer Bert Blylevinor real? what year, Bert was a very pitcher…was it 1970-73?

188. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Maybe Zook needs to go out there and talk to him… Cuz everything is back up….

189. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Get the bullpen warming before Haren blows this thing open.

190. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:13 AM

5th inning the killer for Haren and it's hot. Davey, get someone up. Please.

191. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM

Now I'm pissed…. Totally pissed…

192. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM

ABORT. ABORT ABORT.

193. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:14 AM

I said it earlier… 5th inning, he maxes out… Never fails and is predictable…

194. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

ALR fielded one day well in the last week. Again anotherdouble play he gave away.

195. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Davey, too slow. Too slow, we have see this show before. Should have had someone up already. Come on Dan, make some pitches.

196. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:15 AM

bottom line, Nats need more than 2 runs a game to beat this team

197. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:16 AM

When everything is down, it works for Haren… As soon as his pitches started elevating, you knew something terrible was gonna happen….Big out…

198. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:17 AM

You cant walk people here, and cant misplay balls like ALR.that is a losing proposition here.

199. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I thought Zook should have come out and talk to Dan after the walk…

200. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:17 AM

maybe Haren can be a middle reliever down the stretch?

201. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Well, you knew that was going to happen. Davey what is WRONG with you??????

202. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Un-f**king-believable.

203. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM

I wonder what excuse JD will come up with tomorrow about Haren….This is terrible.. And folks wonder why I don't like Haren….

204. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM

16 gopher balls, I actually predicted he would give up 5 tonight, only 3 more, lol

205. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Thanks to Haren, ALR, and Davey we givE up 5

206. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I am beyond livid…. Haren needs to come out at the 4th every single game of his….

207. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM

We know/knew 2 runs weren't going to be enough… Especially with Haren on the mound but still. This fool just gives up HRs like its tee ball….Just terrible, I can't stand him….

208. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM

This is batting practice.

209. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:20 AM

not to be negative and have everyone jump on me, but that is on Davey 100%, team had a day off, pen is rested, it was clear Haren ran out of gas early in the 5th, why not go with a middle reliever?just saying

210. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM

I don't care about the pitcher's spot. That is ridiculous. Let a reliever hit for himself, worse things have happened. Davey just GAVE three runs away. If not more.

211. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM

First 4 innings he kept.Why cant he do it in the 5th. Walkstarts inning, then ALR killed us not catching a sure double play ball.Then another homer.Davey always waits to longto rake care of business

212. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:21 AM

"Obviously when he's off, I'd rather gauge my eyes out than watch."Someone get sharp objects away from David Proctor, stat.

213. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Haren doesn't last past 5th… It never fails…. I doubt DJ expected him to hit the wall as fast as he did but history tells us, this is Dan Haren…. Just dumb.

214. Nats Fan in Brazil - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:22 AM

U guys gotta remember that we gonna have the guy from syracuse tomorrow, DJ probably saving stammem for tomorrow

215. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:23 AM

now Davey could have been giving Haren his final shot and test, maybe that is why he left him

216. EmDash - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Ugh. Too much rope for Haren has been a bad them this season; when he's gassed he's basically batting practice.

217. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:23 AM

He started 0-2 on first batter both low, so what in his mechanics changed after the first 2 pitches.

218. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Is Haren toast? Pitches a bit too slow for the pen. Man, once he loses it- it's the fastest meltdown you have ever seen. Gives it up in bunches. Dreck. But we should have scored more also– runners all over the bases, pitcher having to throw tons of pitches. 2 in Coors not quite enough.

219. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Well the good thing is, even we can score 3 runs here. Maybe. If the bullpen does its job and holds them.

220. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM

How can you be gassed as a professional after 56 pages?

221. Nats Fan in Brazil - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:24 AM

222. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:25 AM

good question Manassas Nats' Fan. I would think Cat would like to know as well

223. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM

All of a sudden, everything went up… And if we lose, he will humbly say 'I didnt get the job done… Blah, blah, blah… I started off so well…' And people will cheer becuz he 'owned' the loss and is a stand up guy… He is terrible… But Adam has to make the DP play…

224. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Now we need to score immediately.

225. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM

All we need is 1 run here. Start chipping away like we did against the Twins. Just keep chipping away.

226. Secret wasian man - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Don't be negative Mick. Hey we scored 2 whole runs. This team just flat at sucks. And if that offends anyone too bad. And if you think I only post when it's bad your correct. They stink and I am done wasting time with this team and all of you people who think there hope. Only guy with a set on here is Mick.

227. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:28 AM

So now, we will see guys pressing…. What a cluster f*ck….*shaking it off*. Come on Nats…. Need 3 runs… Should have taken advantage earlier but lets do this…We knew that they were gonna bomb Haren as he likes to give Hrs… Lets do this…

228. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Secret wasian manI hear you my brother, but as you can see, I decided to tone it down for the rest of the season…it is what it isthanks

229. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Interesyingly both teams are 1 for 5 RISP

230. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:32 AM

"And people will cheer becuz he 'owned' the loss and is a stand up guy…"Recognizing class and cheering a loss are very different things. Let's not get crazy.

231. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Aww I thought Rendon had that.

232. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM

think I'll switch back an forth between game and NBA finals. Go Spurs!

233. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Thought that was gone for Anthony….

234. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM

When we hit it hard it stays in the psrk.when they hit it hsrd it 2 homers and 5 runs

235. rmoore446 - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Well folks, there ain't no cure for a snake-bit team. And right now, that's what we have.

236. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM

As usual as soon as we get to a bull pen we stop getting hits no matter how hard they hit it.

237. Secret wasian man - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Mick I actually like most of the posts here. I am just mad. I too took a bit of a break and tried to calm. There are a lot of people who ar PO d right now. They have a right to be. I won't criticize those folks. So I don't like when they criticize you or I. But the bottom line is the team is just not good. Chances to score. We don't, errors, crappy pitching… It is what it is. And what it is is bad baseball.,

238. EmDash - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:35 AM

This wasn't giving Haren a final shot. There aren't a lot of good options for starters out there that don't involve a massive overpay and the minor league kids aren't exactly ready. Just nothing to be done in the near term.

239. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:36 AM

I don't like Davis here…

240. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:37 AM

In other news… I wonder if they are going to try to stretch C Garcia to a starter….

241. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:37 AM

MrsB loves the Nats said…In other news… I wonder if they are going to try to stretch C Garcia to a starter…Davey said converting Garcia to a starter was off the table for this year.

242. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Yeah David… Was thinking the same thing…

243. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Team is fine, they have dead weight. Got rid of some haven't gotten rid of all.However I will fuss at individuals nebver the team. That is what I call a real fan, butt don't plan critisize some one who thinks the team is bad, just as I say in my classroom, keep it at tge door. This is a fan's spot.

244. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Haren is an excellent hitter, so maybe Davey was trying to keep him in the game so he could hit. I can't wait to see Chad Tracy come up next inning.

245. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Secret wasian man I agree with 100%after Saturday night which was ugly, its best I tone it down…your right though, anyone has a right to be pissed.I am looking for a historical precedent for teams that missed playoffs the year after winning their division and then bounced back the folowing year… I think KC Royals…1977 and 78 won West, 1979 missed playoffs, 1980 went to WS

246. Secret wasian man - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Teams not snakebit. They are bad. It's nots bad luck it's a bad team. ALR, Zimm desi the entire bench, just not earning their paycheck. 2 runs in this park against this pitcher is just pathetic.

247. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Do any of our pitchers look at the runners….

248. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Davis is not ready. I haven't been impressed at all. Krol, I like. Not Davis.

249. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Davis is not ready. I haven't been impressed at all. Krol, I like. Not Davis.agreed

250. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Little Clip is all over the place. Calm down, kid.

251. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM

David – I like Davis more than Cuendo….who I think will go down when Mattheus returns…

252. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Davis going back when Stras returns

253. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Holy crap Werth!

254. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Nice Werth!

255. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Nice dive, Jayson. Now get that kid outta here, he ain't ready.

256. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Nice catch Werth…. Come on guys…. Lets get some hits and turn them into runs…. I will take a 6-5 win!!!

257. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Kinda spooky how similar Davis and Clip are…. Both in appearances and pitching….

258. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:47 AM

FP thinks Davis did a "nice" job? On what planet? He is getting a lecture from the Cat and he deserves it.

259. SCNatsFan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:47 AM

I think the teams record will make the decision about Haren; clearly he has shown his career is on the slide and cannot be counted on. If we improve by mid season you can see Rizzo chasing a starter but if we continue riding the mediocrity train then why give up prospect(s) for a lost season. I'm sure Haren will have a couple of decent starts but, as witnessed by the long balls, he isn't nearly the pitcher he was.Still doesn't excuse another pitiful output by the offense AGAIN tonight.

260. Joe Seamhead - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Relax…we got this. You'll see. Oh, yeah, Nice play, Jayson.

261. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:48 AM

That was a much harder catch than ALR',s non double play which cost us the last 3 runs.Why cant we hit bullpens. We do have scouts dont we?

262. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Not to stir the pot…. But we haven't see Tracy in forever…. I'm not complaining… But, well, ???????

263. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:49 AM

so it seems everyone here agrees the major issue with Nats is not Haren, its the anemic offense

264. Secret wasian man - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Phillies lose again. Braves running away with this thing.

265. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:49 AM

NL – the score didnt change…. Although it was a lot of theatrics, he did his job….

266. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I thought Tracy played Sunday.

267. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Mrs. B==> OK, so he's just like Clip! LOL

268. Secret wasian man - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Many issues Mick. But yes. Last season in CO we put up like 30 plus runs in that series. I have to say it. Mikey Morse baby. Rizzo totally blew that one. Hang on Spurs

269. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Tracy pinch hitted for Krol in the 10 Saturday

270. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:56 AM

We will always take walks…. Why are we PHing for Roger? I hope we don't see Lombo in LF….

271. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Totally disagree with Lombo PHing right there…

272. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Thanks MNf… I try not to pay too much attention to Mr Chad 'Pop up! Tracy….

273. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Could we go a day without Morse's name mentioned. That is water under tge bridge.I havent looked up recently, but last time I did Span was responsible for more runs than Morse, and lord knows he fields better.

274. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Who bought up Morse….

275. EmDash - Jun 12, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Morse isn't hitting any better than LaRoche, and he's facing largely poor AL West pitching. He wouldn't be a savior.Taking Bernadina out for Lombo? Don't like.

276. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Jesus.

277. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Tip of the cap to Tuto…. Great play….

278. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Well, you can't hit it much better than that. GIve credit to Tulo.

279. rmoore446 - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Oh Ryan!…like I said, snake-bit.

280. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM

We need a 5th SP…

281. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:02 AM

We pinch hitted because Roger not hitting lefties much.Tulo took 2 hits. Again we just the wrong direction.Hitting overalk problem, but Haren is a massive problem too.

282. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:04 AM

They need to swap Stammen and Haren. Haren seems to be able to go a couple of innings.There is no excuse for tonight. Davey handled the situation perfectly with the minor league pitcher. You have to pull Haren as soon as two guys get on base in the same inning.All I can think is that Davey wants Haren gone so he is deliberately trying to embarrass him by leaving him in games.

283. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I still have hopes we win this game… But I actually expected us to lose 10-6 with Haren on the mound….

284. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Secret wasian did at 1053

285. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:08 AM

Thomas Boswell analyzed the situation perfectly in today's post.Who is most to blame for the Nats' results so far? Not counting injuries, it is Dan Haren and Tyler Moore.Haren is obvious, but Moore, well he hardly played, right?Rizzo expected Moore to put up Morse type numbers. If Tyler Moore had done his job, the Nats would be a few games above .500.

286. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Oh… No wonder I didnt see it… I don't read his posts.. When you claim to be a fan yet only come up to spew negativity when the team is losing, you get no respect or acknowledgment from me….Anyway, I'm still livid about that predictable 5th inning melt down by Haren….

287. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:10 AM

CarGo 3 k, but a 3 run homer.ALR has left 2 guys on second to end an inning, and didnt cach the double play ball that would have ended an inning. Between he and Haren 2main reasons we arelosing.

288. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:11 AM

MNF, I think you're being too harsh on ALR. It's not like it was an easy grab. He leaped for it and couldn't quite reach it, it was off the top of his glove. It's not like it was an error, he did all he could.

289. EmDash - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Was Davey fooled by how well he started out and giving Haren the veteran benefit of the doubt? Hopefully this outing will cure him of that, but it's something we're all seen before so it's hard to say.

290. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Abad! Nasty!

291. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:12 AM

I am furious that Johnson left Haren in. Let's see if any reporters made the trip and if they push him on this. You have to yank him immediately. He is not like the other starters who all work out of trouble. Once he gets in trouble, he is shot.

292. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:12 AM

How good has Abad been?

293. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:12 AM

William – Some of us talked about the Boz article earlier… Think most have an issue with Boz and the article becuz at first he lauded all the signings and didnt disagree with any of them but now all of a sudden he is changing his tune… Also thought he was too hard on Span…But yeah Haren is some slum…. And Moore, well I have said time and time again, he reminds me of a morse with way more potential and without the injury bug/history….

294. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:13 AM

I really, really, really like Abad…. I was about to say Burnett who???? And it's well known I thought Rizzo was crazy for not resigning him….

295. SCNatsFan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:13 AM

This team is not snake bit. The question is did they overachieve last year or is this the real team.

296. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I don't get the racing toothbrushes.

297. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Mrs B I was hoping he kept ball low first ,4 he would work tonight.First two pitches in ,5th were also low, then all hell broke loose.How can you run out of gas that fast and be a major leaguer

298. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Tyler Moore and Ike Davis won't be the last guys who the league figures out and who can't make adjustments. I sincerely doubt that we will ever see Tyler Moore (or Espinosoa) back on the Nats, except for perhaps this September. Tyler Moore has no clue what he is doing at the plate; he is a lousy fielder and he has no speed. His job was to provide lumbering power and if he can't do that, then he is useless.

299. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Have we walked more tonight than we have in the last month?

300. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Very nice… OK Rendon…

301. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:18 AM

MNF – yeah before the 5th even started, I said its an enigma for Haren… And it seems as if he gasses at that point no matter how low the pitch count is…. Which is just disturbing… It's well documented that I don't care for Haren but we need our 5th to be able to go more than 5…I don't blame DJ so much in the fact that it went so bad, so damn fast, but at some point (this is game number 12 for him) he has to know, that at the 5th, you gotta get someone going….

302. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Why in the world was that ball cut off?

303. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:19 AM

David, i take account that Haren is screwing up, CarGo is on deck and this stadium is a flying. Park, ALR must make that play.

304. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Fwiw, people have been praising Span on here all year. Finally, this week, he has had two key hits. I still think the deal was a bad one. We already had a great center fielder.

305. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:20 AM

Uhm… So why was the ball cut off? Oh well, thanks! Way to go Desi….Trent has some balls for sending JWerth….

306. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Haren can take Duke's place. This obviously Haren's last hurrah as a starter. He can chew up innings when we are hopelessly behind and do not care how many more runs we give up, which I like because it blows the starch out of the pythagorean theorem.

307. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Yeah… William… We will disagree on Span as I loved the signing…. Thought it was totally great… Span has covered our behinds and plays great Cf… He is a smart batter…I just think injuries took a huge toll on the team and the reserves didnt do a good job filling in… Seemed like every night we were sending a line up of 4 guys who were hitting under .200 ….

308. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:23 AM

It is funny how certain people never comment anymore now that Rendon has come up for good and as a 2nd baseman.

309. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Chad Tracy should not be pinch hitting. We have pitchers who are better hitters and yet, Johnson trots him out several times a week with his 1.50 batting average.

310. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM

We need Ramos back… Zook looks worn out… But he saved us from seeing Mr Pop up…. Who I guess will get a chance next inning…

311. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Rendon plastered one down the line, but once he hits it faur right at 3rd, then suzuki hits right at short.Still 14th in NL runs. Tell me if it isnt clear the issue is lack of hitting.

312. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Hey, Drew has his ERA down to the 3's.

313. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:26 AM

William: Davey loves Tracy — thinks he's good. And as we all know, Davey is always right. hahaDan Haren stole 13 mil from the Lerners. I'd have Rizzo's head if it were my team.

314. SCNatsFan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Moore will be back and will be productive on this team

315. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:27 AM

"Dan Haren stole 13 mil from the Lerners. I'd have Rizzo's head if it were my team."If you fired a GM for every failed acquisition, you'd never have a GM. There was every reason to believe Dan Haren would rebound. It hasn't worked out.

316. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:28 AM

It's a combination of both MNF – I tell ya… This team looks totally different when, say a Jordan Z is pitching…. As opposed to a D Haren….And that's the game….

317. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Everything goes out. Unbelievable. That was a freaking routine popup.

318. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Well, thanks, Drew.

319. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I jinxed Drew.

320. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Storen just can't get people out.

321. Unknown - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Have Rizzo's head, and then watch him sign with another NL org and beat the Nats behinds for 10 years. No one is perfect. He batted nearly 1.000 last year, law of averages catching him, maybe some hubris – Haren, Span were bad deals and going lefty-less in the pen was foolhardy. However, Rizzo knows what he's doing. 2013 will be an aberration – Nats will do fine after this season when some kids come up and some of the dead weight is jettisoned — Haren, etc.

322. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Chad Tracy has an OPS+ of …..7. Last year had one of 112. The guys is shot. Why do they keep using him? Nobody on here seems to realize just how horrible Chad Tracy is.He is dead last in OPS+ on the team. Espinosa's is 27; Haren's is 30. Tyler Moore's is 32. 7 is all but unbelievable. If he had not hit that one homer, we would be looking at close to zero!

323. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:31 AM

David Proctor said: There was every reason to believe Dan Haren would rebound. ====No there wasn't…. He had hip and back issues…. But on another note, why is it, there fly balls go out and ours don't…. Ugh…

324. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Speaking of batting practice…

325. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Looks like bad Drew is out. He's been money his last 10 or so appearances. Not so tonight.

326. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Storen is shot. We definitely need to deal him. People here have treated him decently but it is time for Drew to go, number ten pick, indeed.

327. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:32 AM

haha sure David Proctor — an injured pitcher coming off 3 consecutive years of declining velocity and stats. Maybe you had expectations, but that's you. I am not shocked at all at Haren's ineffectiveness.Yes, Haren stole 13 million from the Lerners.

328. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:32 AM

"No there wasn't…. He had hip and back issues…. "The second half of last year he had an ERA in the 3's. It appeared the back issues were behind him. Hell even if he performed to last year, the 4.04, i'd be happy. Nobody could've predicted this.

329. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Storen can't seem to by an out… Okay, so we will have to win the next 2…. Need to go 6-3 on this road trip….

330. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Grand slam?

331. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Storen has turned out to be a terrible, terrible draft pick. At his best, he was a good reliever, but those guys are all over the league.

332. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:35 AM

333. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:35 AM

I will never understand people saying the Span signing wasnt a good one… We needed a lead off man, we needed a good CFer… It was a great sign… He is an upgrade over Morse…And Haren's velocity also has continually come down… I think the only ones who really liked the signing were the folks who were so desperate to see EJax go bye bye and/or the Rizzo faithful….I'm not down on Rizzo for messing up on this one… It happens…. But I hated the signing then and I hate it even more now….

334. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Nice==> Desi!!! Took away the slam!

335. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:36 AM

336. Section 222 - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Hey, Drew has his ERA down to the 3's. Well that didn't last long.

337. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Imagine how much sleep Storen must be losing wondering if he can cut it in the Bigs — unfortunately, he's not even close to cutting it this season.

338. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:37 AM

"Less Platu said…Wrong — many predicted it. I predicted it. First time I saw him pitch this year, I knew he was washed up. Good try though. I laugh at all the team that were knocking down Haren's door trying to sign him. haha Why do you even bother defending a clearly washed up pitcher and horrible winter signing? Upset the Natitude boys are getting whipped – again?"Wow, ballsy prediction after he got blown up 15-0. Amazing foresight you have. Of course, Mike Rizzo couldn't have seen that game or the rest of Haren's performances. What Rizzo saw was a guy with great career numbers who had a slightly higher than average ERA last year, but returned to his career norms in the 2nd half. It was a reasonable gamble to make. Again, if you fire every GM for a failed acquisition, you'd have no GM. EVERY GM has failures. GM's don't get the benefit of hindsight.

339. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM

You have to go home on that through. Desmond wasn't thinking, not that it matters after Storen's dreadful pitching. For a guy who has a great walk/K ratio, he seems to always walk the lead-off runner. Not smart.

340. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM

"Terrible play by Desmond letting another run score. Now even a grand slam won't save us. F.P. congratulates him."What? You can't go home on that play. For one, it's not likely he gets him. Then you end up with the run scoring and no outs. Desi made the right play.I swear when we lose, people complain about EVERYTHING.

341. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM

How come their flies that seem not as hard as ours go over the fense ours goes to the track Storen didnt wait to a 5th inning to play like Haren. Did it the first inning.

342. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I like Storen… He had actually been one of the most consistent BP guys lately… But if there was a game for him to blow up in and be bad Storen, this was the one…Pitching was bad tonight outside of Abad and Davis (yes, he was theatrical but he didnt give up any runs)….

343. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM

F.P. "Someday Desmond is going to win the gold glove." Sure.

344. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM

David, all you say is true. But Haren hits a wall, and he hits it fast right around the 5-6th inning. Davey has GOT to move faster, just take the good innings and go on. Because we have Ohlendorf–who knows, and Det coming off the DL. Should have put more effort into winning THIS game.

345. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:40 AM

We're gonna win tomorrow….

346. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Desi had no shot for a play at home. His momentum was in the wrong direction. He made a great pick and smooth throw.

347. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Of course the one time Tracy doesn't pop up is the time the pop ups are flying out of the park…

348. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:42 AM

If you don't understand why Span was at best, an iffy signing, take a look at his OPS averages. They are not in any way good. He has hit as many homers as 8 in a season but has 0 this year.His on base percentage is not good at all. He has speed but is not especially good at stealing bases. He is an excellent fielder on a team that has good fielders and no offense.That is why people say that it was not a good signing. It is actually not hard to understand at all.

349. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:42 AM

History shows that Haren blows up at the 5th… At that point, start getting the BP ready….Wow Tracy didnt pop up….We're gonna win tomorrow… Jet lag got us tonight….

350. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:42 AM

351. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Seriously?! Argh!!!

352. Drew - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM

The Nats haven't pitched badly tonight — other than the 8 runs Haren and Storen allowed.

353. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Drew, that's some mulligan you are giving there.

354. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Davey is in over his head. Haha. He looks like an idiot when the camera shines on him. That's okay, Davey. Have a little talk with the boys — and you can always send up Chad to pinch hit to bail you out haha

355. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Dude, do you understand the difference between being behind by five runs versus four? Who cares if the Rockies get ten more runs in the inning. The difference between trailing by 5 runs or 4 runs is huge. 4 is doable, 5 almost never is. Maybe the infield should have been in closer.

356. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Well… We will get them tomorrow… Just terrible…

357. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Rendon looks good, though — (looking on the bright side)

358. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:46 AM

"Proctor: Seems the biggest complainer here is You. Lighten up. enjoy the game, enjoy the forum. Don't be the Forum Bully — because that's how you come off. (okay, now what smart complaining remark do you have now?) haha"Lol, I'm the forum bully? That's a new one. If you're going to make incorrect comments, I'm going to call you out for them. Sorry. That doesn't make me a bully.

359. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:46 AM

Cubs acquire P Henry Rodriguez from Nationals for P Ian Dickson.

360. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Yeah David, I just saw that about HRod… I didnt like him but I wish him well…

361. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Makes you a Troll

362. Secret wasian man - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Mrs b did you just say terrible? How dare you speak negatively of this team. Your not a true fan. I can't stand your constant insults of my team. Ughhhh. Goodbye.

363. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:50 AM

I don't think anyone here would classify me as a bully or a troll except for you. Yet when we won two games, I didn't see you around. People like you only stop by when things are going to bad to bash anyone and anything, even if it makes no sense. Whatever. I'm going to stop responding to you now, before this devolves. The last thing I want is for Mark to have to begin moderating comments again.

364. Drew - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:51 AM

Tulowitzki is marvelous. Haren stinks on toast. And so it goes.The Nats can complain about the thin air and the bandbox, but they have the same opportunities.You can't beat Tyler Colvin if you hit like Shawn Colvin.

365. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:53 AM

13 million dollar Heist: Dan Haren. Ray complaining about thin air at Coors? Goes both ways, Ray.

366. Secret wasian man - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Not to,worry. I'm done for good. BTW I was around. Actually I was at both games. But I just can't deal with the wimps here anymore. Mick excluded.

367. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Haren is averaging 5 1/3 innings per start.

368. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Storen's E.R.A. is now 4.85, which is pathetic for a reliever in the N.L., even if he has been unlucky. I think Storen needs a change of venue for his good and the team's. No one is going to forget last year when he is getting results like this.

369. Steamer - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:57 AM

370. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Proctor: "Im not a bully but .. (bullying remarks) you are too Funny.Do you keep attendance during games? I think you need a life — and certainly a rosier personality. Did you take attendance tonight? haha Truly obsessively weird.

371. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Nats should finish 10 games under .500.

372. Drew - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Dickson has a 6.06 career ERA, but he has only 7 wild pitches in 98 minor league innings. That's progress.I'm genuinely surprised the Nats got a player for Henry — even if it's an exchange of headaches.

373. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:01 AM

I went through this last week, but we are now 4-9 in Haren;s starts. That, plus Harper being out of the line-up are accounting for most of the difference from last year. The hitting is about the same so far. His E.R.A. is trending up, not down. ESPN projects a 10-21 record for him. He is worse than Karns. I don't see how they can keep letting him go out there or why Johnson doesn't yank him as soon as more than one guy gets on base.

374. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Henry, what a waste of a gift from God what a waste

375. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:04 AM

William: They're paying him 13 mil — they're gonna keep sending him out there. What else can they do? Eat 13 million. Boswell thinks so. I think so. But the Lerners are paying out real money here — they're in a tough spot with Haren. He never should have been signed — at least not for that price.

376. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Does anyone know why Davey comes out immediately some nights on the post-game show and then other nights, it seems to take 30 minutes?

377. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:05 AM

ALR made some amazing plays on Sunday. That ball was a rocket. It is not his fault that once the other team has Haren gauged, everything becomes batting practice.

378. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:06 AM

"Ray complaining about thin air at Coors? Goes both ways, Ray."Um… No. I don't think you can blame this loss on altitude, but… no, this one doesn't go both ways.

379. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Lannan is making 2.5 million and don't tell me he is hurt. He wasn't hurt at the beginning of the season. Lannan gave you a chance to win half the time essentially. Haren give you a chance to win about 30 percent of the time. Ray is carving him up now.

380. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:09 AM

Zim's playing better, Rendon looks good, Werth is Werth doing fine, Suzuki looks worn out, Laroche is cooling off and starting to let balls get through him, left field is a mess waiting for Harper's return, Span's doing great! Pitching will be back to excellent when Stras and Det get back. Still, the lineup is weak, lacks power, bullpen is good but not as good as last year.Just trying to stay positive — but getting used to reality – this is a .500 or worse ball club — I'll still be a fan. But Davey needs to retire — Rizzo needs to have a better winter next year —

381. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:09 AM

You could move Haren to mop up relief and have a starter by committee of the bullpen.

382. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Davey acted perplexed that Haren lost it in the 5th. Why, Davey? Even the casual fan knows more often than not, when facing a lineup for the third time, Haren has been toast. Come on, Davey. Get with it.

383. Less Platu - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Haren's velocity is down 4-5 mph on his fastball since his peak of a few years ago. Death for a pitcher who has to be perfect on every pitch. Haren will go down as one of the Nat's worst, and most expensive mistakes of their young franchise history in Washington.

384. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM

I think the line up will be okay once Harper is back. They need to cut Tracy and bring up a replacement player, which will be a huge upgrade. Give Rizzo credit for bringing in Soriano since Storen has just been terrible since last October. As long as they stay in 2nd, this season is far from over, and everyone knows that you don't want to face our starting pitching in a short series.McCatty does need to talk to Haren and Storen about the same thing Strasburg was doing. These guys look despondent and beaten on the mound when things go bad for them. You have to stay implacable.

385. William O. Douglas Loeffler - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:19 AM

Haren is for one year. Look at the Cubs with the Soriano deal and now they signed Jackson for 4 years for 52 million.

386. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:20 AM

I can't believe Justin Upton didn't get ejected. Guess the ump decided it wasn't an ump show in a one-run game, but that was a little extreme.

387. Eric - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Crap I forgot the Braves are still playing… Guess I'll sick it out.I swear someone around here suggested the Cubs are a team that might take on a project like HRod. Whoever that was, good call!

388. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:27 AM

The weekend we should have Gio, JZimm and Stras. Although I don't expect Harper will be in Cleveland, he could be in Philly. Long road trip, I hate to start it out this way. I think Davey waited too long on Haren, somehow expecting he would (a) get out of it and (b) the bullpen would hold and (c) Nats would get some runs. None of those things happened. I looked at the game log, Haren was below average in April, did better in May. But his "bad" starts have been characterized by suddenly losing it– not a drip-drip-drip of runs, not a bad 1st inning and then recovery, and not excessive wildness. His pattern seems to be look good for 4 or 5 innings and then suddenly can't get his pitches where he wants them and is very hittable. Why can we recognize this pattern but not Davey?

389. Scott Margenau - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:32 AM

I have issues. I bought a new book so I would NOT read this thread. But like an addict I just had to. Rendon should have had 3 hits. We had some awful luck. We will win the next two.

390. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:34 AM

I just check the box score. Four walks and only three strikeouts???? That can't be our Nats!

391. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Padres win. Twins win. Now we gotta win.

392. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Braves lost. We didn't lose any ground tonight. Just put this loss behind us and hope for the best tomorrow.

393. Scott Margenau - Jun 12, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Braves about to loose! Phil's lost! I'll take it'

394. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Here is the report on Wang's start. It wasn't the best, he gave up five runs–just like Haren. However, he stayed in for over 7 innings.Wanghttp://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/blue-jays-rally-late-to-beat-white-sox-in-10th/

395. Rabbit34 - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM

bums

396. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM

What concerns me most about the game is not so much Haren's implosion in the 5th, but the fact that everyone in here and probably watching the game saw it coming based on the first 2-3 pitches he threw in the inning, which were high in the strike zone and the fact that Davey and or Cat could not see it. I will not bash Davey, but his managing of Haren as well as most of this season even by Davey's own account is sub par.

397. mick - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM

many feel once Bryce gets back, the team will hit… That really has nothing to do with the current state last night, Zim hitting into a DP and the core of the line up only scoring 3 runs. I hope that is not an excuse. I remember many a Yankee teams scoring over 4 runs a game minus ARod or Jeter.

398. Section 135 - Jun 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Looking at it objectively this team does not have a great lineup. With everyone healthy it is balanced, but aside from Bryce, they lack power and have no patience. Maybe Rendon will develop, but our lineup is more Phillies than Braves. A 3-4-5 of Zim, Werth, and Laroche just doesn't seem that scary. The sad thing is I don't see it getting that much better in the next few years aside from Bryce and Rendon and that will likely be offset by further declines from Zim, Werth and Laroche. And our farm system has no scary bats aside from maybe Skole.