Jun 11, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
First of all, I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who sent well-wishes following my unscheduled (I don't like to refer to it as "emergency") appendectomy Saturday morning. I'm doing great, actually was back home 12 hours after the procedure. I'm still a little stiff and sore at the incision point, and I haven't been cleared for any baseball activities yet, but otherwise all is good. I'll be monitoring this week's games in Colorado and Cleveland from the home office, then I should be rejoining the club Monday in Philadelphia.
The Nationals open a three-game series tonight at Coors Field, but attention once again will be on Bryce Harper, who is back with the team after yesterday's examination in Pensacola, Fla., with noted orthopedist James Andrews. Davey Johnson will be giving the full update on Harper during his pregame media session (which should come around 6:30 p.m. EDT) but I can tell you (via a source close to Harper) that he has not undergone any type of surgery and any concern about that photo of him wearing a knee brace is "probably overblown."
As for tonight's game, Dan Haren gets the start, trying to bounce back from a ragged start against the Mets and trying to get the Nationals back over the .500 mark. Enjoy the game and the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 86 degrees, Wind 15 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
LF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- More observations from Sunday's 3-2 win
- Nats get big hit for big win
- Nationals grind their way to walk-off victory
- Former Nats catcher Chris Snyder retires from MLB
- Bryce Harper's 'nothing but hustle' Nats magazine (PHOTO)
- Espinosa making most of his playing opportunity
- Strasburg, Nats hope to turn page vs. Cardinals
- Harper, Williams and Werth on benching (VIDEO)
- Bryce Harper benched in Nats' loss to Cardinals for 'lack of hustle'
- Anthony Rendon error costs Nationals in loss to Cardinals