Jun 11, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
USA Today Sports Images
First of all, I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who sent well-wishes following my unscheduled (I don't like to refer to it as "emergency") appendectomy Saturday morning. I'm doing great, actually was back home 12 hours after the procedure. I'm still a little stiff and sore at the incision point, and I haven't been cleared for any baseball activities yet, but otherwise all is good. I'll be monitoring this week's games in Colorado and Cleveland from the home office, then I should be rejoining the club Monday in Philadelphia.
The Nationals open a three-game series tonight at Coors Field, but attention once again will be on Bryce Harper, who is back with the team after yesterday's examination in Pensacola, Fla., with noted orthopedist James Andrews. Davey Johnson will be giving the full update on Harper during his pregame media session (which should come around 6:30 p.m. EDT) but I can tell you (via a source close to Harper) that he has not undergone any type of surgery and any concern about that photo of him wearing a knee brace is "probably overblown."
As for tonight's game, Dan Haren gets the start, trying to bounce back from a ragged start against the Mets and trying to get the Nationals back over the .500 mark. Enjoy the game and the conversation here…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Clear, 86 degrees, Wind 15 mph out to RF
CF Denard Span
LF Roger Bernadina
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Report: Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014
- Significant moment No. 4: Ryan Zimmerman tears his hamstring
- Significant moment No. 5: The kids step up
- Nationals sign Uggla to minor-league deal
- Significant moment No. 6: Nats win 10 in a row
- Jimmy Rollins: Phillies have missed Werth since he signed with Nats
- Significant moment No. 7: Williams benches Harper
- Significant moment No. 8: Span breaks hit record
- Nats sign veteran infielder Stewart to minor deal
- Ex-Nats pitcher Haren really doesn't want to pitch for the Marlins