Jun 11, 2013, 11:13 PM EDT
Bryce Harper received injections of cortisone and platelet-rich plasma in his injured left knee during yesterday's appointment with orthopedist James Andrews, who instructed the Nationals outfielder to rest one more week before he's re-evaluated.
After 24 hours of silence from the Nationals organization, leading to plenty of speculation around the baseball world about Harper's status, head athletic trainer Lee Kuntz told reporters in Colorado this evening what took place yesterday during Harper's visit to Andrews' clinic in Pensacola, Fla.
Kuntz told reporters Harper received both a cortisone shot and a PRP injection in the swollen bursa sac of his left knee, though he did not need to have the sac surgically removed. Andrews concurred with the Nationals' initial diagnosis of bursitis, a condition that has plagued the 20-year-old since he crashed into theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
WED: Diamondbacks at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
THU: Diamondbacks at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
FRI: Giants at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
SAT: Giants at Nats, 4:05 p.m.
SUN: Giants at Nats, 1:35 p.m.
MON: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Phillies, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Matt Williams projects when Ryan Zimmerman will return
- Span tabs Nats teammate & rival to do ice bucket challenge
- Williams debates keeping streak alive or long term health
- VIDEO: Bryce Harper's hair is on fire and he plays the ukulele
- Asdrubal Cabrera fitting in with Nats in first few weeks since trade
- Phillies' A.J. Burnett will 'probably' retire after this season
- Desmond leads way with 4 RBI in Nationals' 8th straight win
- Strasburg gives Nats 'what the doctor ordered'
- Nationals Stock Watch: Heroes aplenty during memorable week
- Strasburg tames Diamondbacks in 8-1 victory