Jun 11, 2013, 11:13 PM EDT
Bryce Harper received injections of cortisone and platelet-rich plasma in his injured left knee during yesterday's appointment with orthopedist James Andrews, who instructed the Nationals outfielder to rest one more week before he's re-evaluated.
After 24 hours of silence from the Nationals organization, leading to plenty of speculation around the baseball world about Harper's status, head athletic trainer Lee Kuntz told reporters in Colorado this evening what took place yesterday during Harper's visit to Andrews' clinic in Pensacola, Fla.
Kuntz told reporters Harper received both a cortisone shot and a PRP injection in the swollen bursa sac of his left knee, though he did not need to have the sac surgically removed. Andrews concurred with the Nationals' initial diagnosis of bursitis, a condition that has plagued the 20-year-old since he crashed into theRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
MON: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
TUE: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
WED: Nats at Braves, 7:10 p.m.
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals lower magic number to four, top Mets
- Nationals try to finish off Mets in series finale
- Harper, Desmond star in Nats 10-3 win over Mets
- Fister looks to stay perfect against Mets tonight
- Nats can't climb out of early hole, fall to Mets 4-3
- Nationals shoot for 13th straight win at Citi Field
- The Baseball Show: Are Nats finally over the Braves (VIDEO)
- Two Nationals players plunked by Colon in 6-2 win
- Desmond, Rendon back in Nationals' lineup
- MLB Power Rankings: Brewers falling hard