Game 64: Nats at Rockies

Jun 12, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT

USA Today Sports Images

We've talked plenty about the Nationals' ever-changing rotation, and obviously there will be a new member added to that group tonight when Ross Ohlendorf (just summoned from Class AAA Syracuse) takes the mound against the Rockies. But a great pitching performance is only as good as the run support said pitcher gets from his teammate, and few Nats pitchers are getting much run support these days.

So it's up to tonight's starting eight to get something going at hitter-friendly Coors Field. It didn't happen last night, when the Nationals scored two early runs and then essentially shut down for the rest of the evening. Perhaps this group can enjoy some more sustained success against Jorge De La Rosa, a pretty good left-hander for Colorado.

Davey Johnson will try out a couple of new faces, with Jeff Kobernus making his second career start (his first in left field) and Jhonatan Solano behind the plate (he worked with Ohlendorf in Syracuse earlier this year). Otherwise, it's the same lineup we've seen for much of the last week.

As you know, I'm not in Colorado, but please enjoy the game and the conversation…

WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF

CF Denard Span
LF Jeff Kobernus
RF Jayson Werth

Read more ยป

1. Section 222 - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

If you haven't read the WT article, which NL posted in the last thread, about the Nats culinary delights when they are at home, check it out. Very cool. Thanks NL.

2. David - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Joey Butler in the Rangers system could be the next Chris Davis… if we won't give Brown a shot, how about trading for Joey Butler?

3. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Bochy and Kontos got suspended for hitting McCuthen after warnings had been issued. (Kontos already demoted, so will serve if/when he gets back, Bochy will serve tonight). I didn't even know this happened. Apparently Kontos didn't aim at Cutch's head or anywhere close to it. Really wonder how much Kennedy will get for hitting Greinke.

4. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM

*McCutchen

5. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

NatsLady, Off topic. I have a funny feeling that the Pirates won't implode this year. It might not be easy to get to the wild card spot.

6. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Volquez must be on fumes. C'mon Padres. Get him out of there before there is damage.

7. Steady Eddie - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM

JD — can we give some of those fumes to some Nats' pitchers? Volquez just K'd the side in the seventh — Uggla, Schafer, and Simmons.

8. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM

How about Volzquez for the Padres? 7IP, 1R against the Braves. It would be nice to win tonight and gain a game.

9. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Their baby pitcher (Garrett Cole) had a pretty nice debut for himself. Apparently the walk-up lines were incredible and the Pirates' prez had to apologize. There is a lot of pent-up hope in that city.

10. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Hey folks… Interesting line up… I'm glad that Kobernus is getting a shot, finally….Still salty about last night's game…. And disappointed… But we are gonna win tonight…. Nats – 8Them – 4

11. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Not sure I like Olendorf and Solano together…. Idk why DJ wants to put the two newbies (for lack of better words) together…I am not looking forward to that little stupid squibble hit that Solano does…

12. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Mrs. B, it's because Solano caught Ohlendorf at Syracuse.

13. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Steady, This must be Volquez best game of the year. I am not complaining. Now let's go Pads bullpen.

14. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Nats Lady, Yes and they still have Jamieson almost ready and this year they have added Marte and Grili has been lights out. In previous years I always felt they were a fraud. This year I am not so sure. And Liriano has been great for them as well to go along with AJ Burnett.

15. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Ahhhh David – that makes sense…

16. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Mrs. B. Well it's not like Suzuki gives you much offense these days anyway. I think it's a non issue.

17. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Mrs. B. If we get 8 runs against DeLaRosa tonight I will be most pleasantly surprised. He's a good pitcher.

18. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM

JD -Re Zook – you doing get an argument from me.. I really can't wait until Ramos is back so we can get back to the duo/tandem threat…Re DeLaRosa – I wanted to say 12 but I figured I'd scale it back… *snickers* but we will see… Hell, I'd be happy if we won 1-0, too….

19. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Who jinxed the Padres' bullpen?????

20. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Me.

21. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Gotta like how Bud Black works his pen. He wants the win now.

22. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Yet the Braves keep the pressure on.

23. Steady Eddie - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM

NJ — correction, Bud Black is frothing at the mouth to get the win now. He's going with one pitcher per hitter. Pulled his RH closer to have LHR Tommy Layne give up a single to Heyward, now bringing in Nick Vincent (who?) to pitch to JUpton.

24. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I thought I may have been the only one watching mlb live look in…

25. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

J-Up facing a guy brought up from AAA yesterday.

26. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I'm watching the SD feed Padres WIN!

27. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Wow… I can't believe that was a K…. I thought that was inside…*sigh* Nats, please win tonight…

28. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Worry about the Phils first. Catching the Braves needs some work. A full rotation and Bryce back will definitely make difference. And there is still a long way to go no matter what the "genius's" say. Good pitching will take you there.I believe it's been posted many times in this blog.Sweep!

29. Steady Eddie - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM

THAT was cardiac. Pads 5-3.C'mon, Nats, time to pick up a game!

30. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Tony Gwinn was in the booth from the 7th inning on. Good game to watch.

31. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I thought Kennedy hit Puig

32. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Phillies?….Somebody doesn't follow the credo of one Mr. Satchel Page.

33. Joe Seamhead - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Well, what's new? Even though he had two RBI's earlier, Justin Upton strikes out looking with men on the corners, to end the game. Ha!The Nats must take advantage of this.BTW- with the loss last night the Phillies are now 2-12 in games Colbert Hamills has started

34. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I would like Gwynn to come here and coach hitting.NatsLady did you mean how much will Kennedy for hitting Puig.Mrs B I think us 7 them 5

35. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Kennedy should be suspended. He did but that's for the Dodgers blog.

36. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

James Wagner โ€@JamesWagnerWP 1mWilson Ramos suffered setback with hammy while doing first-to-third drills in Viera. Davey says his return unlikely before All-Star break.UGHHHHHH.

37. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Something was going on in that Dodgers/Ari game. But you know Mr Selig will have his two cents in.Kennedy will be gone for 7 games (a guess). As a starting pitcher it should be three starts. Reckless.

38. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Good Lord Ramos…

39. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Catcher is the least of this fan's worries. The man has to get healthy or what's the point? Heads up Bryce.

40. Knoxville Nat - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Bad news on Ramos. We need some of these tweets regarding injuries to start being the good news type and not the discouraging words of the day.

41. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I am hoping we send Solano back down soon and we bring up Leon… I really liked that guy…I was having a discussion with a few other Nats fans and 1 doesn't think Ramos will be with us next year… Since he can't stay healthy…

42. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I'm convinced these Hammy injuries are a result of him trying to come back so soon from his ACL injury. We may not see a fully healthy Ramos until next year.

43. Caps Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Looks like Suzuki's option is going to vest.

44. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Next years run out. Teams or players. It takes one player to put you over. In hockey it's a goalie, seen it more than once (Habs fan).This year as someone mentioned earlier it will be Stephen or Bryce.Or Abad.

45. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Harper will be back by the time my next visit to the stadium on Jun 26

46. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Kennedy hit Puig AND Greinke, Manassas. He hit Puig in the nose, then Greinke hit Montero, then Kennedy hit Greinke. And Kennedy's pitches were up.

47. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I knew a second HBP didnt know it was Grenke. Wgen was brawl uf after first hit why would Kennedy still be pitching.I guess I needed to watch NLB tonight after Nats last night.

48. JaneB - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Thank you Padres. I just finally saw the footage of the brawl last night. Yowza. There must be a lotta history there for everyone to go off like that, including the coaches. But mainly I write to say I hope that our bats light up tonight, and that Ross#2 is lights out.GYFNG!

49. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM

There is tons of history, but they have all gone too far now.

50. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Something was not normal. Don't want to hit the next best thing in L.A.Go Nats. Should be very interesting game.

51. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Corbin and Ryu. A very good ball game if you're up long enough.

52. Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Regarding Ramos: I love the guy for the 25 games a year he's healthy. But let's face it: there isn't enough shrink-wrap in North America to keep this guy healthy.I know we only gave up Capps for him…but right now that trade is looking fairly even … not Rizzo's finest hour.

53. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM

No! WIlson! No Wilson! HE needs an exorcism. I feel terrible for him. Why can't anything be just NORMAL for him?

54. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Ray Knight is saying De La Rosa has a cut on his finger and may not pitch tonight and could be replaced by Volstad (?)

55. DWS - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM

What won't be normal is Danny playing AAA.I hope the man gets his head around that most people don't have these opportunities and to make the best of it. Good luck and more power to you.And think about it.

56. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Holliday now saying 10 minutes later that De La Rosa will make a go of it.

57. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

58. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I kind of thought we might have this continuing hammy thing with Werth. He had setbacks, too. Then he just appeared. Making me a tad nervous, though, watching him play. Praying for Willy– he has been through so much.

59. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I swear this game is taking forever to start…. Or maybe I'm anxious to see it start… Come on Nats! Lets do this!

60. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Not quite as bad as the west coast, but feels late to start.

61. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I hope I don't fall asleep…. I went to bed last night at 2 cuz I was so disturbed by yesterday's game…Smh…

62. sjm308 - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Getting ready to watch us battle back once again.Hope everyone behaves during the game. Good luck Ross!!Go Nats!!

63. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I like hitting the ball hard, but could quit hitting right at the.At least make them move.Their advanscours placing them well.

64. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Get Kobernus running!

65. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Span smoked that ball!! I had to go to bed last night , even though I was keeping an eye on the men's soccer team and watching the Nats, which was frustrating. Woke up to find I missed the big brou-ha-ha.

66. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Every time Kobernus plays, I wonder why he wasnt playing earlier…

67. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Cobenus hard and not righr at someone

68. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Span has been getting better contact lately… Just seemingly, right at someone…

69. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM

That finger is fat…

70. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Sigh. That's why we don't run. We can't do it well.

71. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Well that was painful to witness.

72. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Zimmerman swings at ball 4 and Kobernus gets a bad jump. Bright!

73. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Did not like anything that happened right there… Zimm swung at ball 4… Kobernus didnt get a good jump..*sigh*

74. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Okay… GoNat, this is getting to be spooky now…Jinx!

75. DWS - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

No comment…

76. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

So I guess we all agree on what just happened.

77. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Did De La Rosa even get 1 ball in the strike zone in that 7 pitch AB to Ryan?

78. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Oh Lord… I'm nervous for Ross O…

79. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

The catcher double clutced homw he throw the runner out?Zim didnt ground into a double play, but just as bad a swing and miss double play.I thought Davey said we would get aggressive, zim missed the memo.

80. Section 135 - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Need I say more about Zim. Horrible contract

81. DWS - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM

This is the tale to tell.

82. phil dunton - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM

What a weird delivery!

83. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I forgot about the wind up… Bwahahahahaha…

84. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Dumb mistake by Ohlendorf. He didn't have a chance.

85. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM

*sigh*

86. DWS - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Guess the infielders have to get used to it.

87. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM

This could be an interesting night. The last start by our backup starters?

88. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM

DP, agree but Rendon should have been backing up ALR.

89. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I thought it was catchable and on Adam. BUT Ohlendorf had no chance… Should have not even attempted the throw…

90. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM

It's an error Bob and FP. How long are you going to debate it?

91. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Ross O has no clue how to toss so it is seen at first.

92. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

How does ALR get the error on that play?

93. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Whew… Oh lord…

94. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

God every time a ball is in the air, I have to hold my breath.

95. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Wow Span, he had that the whole time.

96. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

How can we have Span haters here?

97. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

His delivery is just so very odd. Can I just tell you how very much I like Denard Span?!

98. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

David P – I'm not gonna last this game… My stomach just dropped…

99. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

100. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

So we all are in agreement again? Could be a very civil night!

101. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:59 AM

How come we cant take advantage of light air?

102. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM

The error has rto b E1 threw so runner could interfer (legally)

103. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Is this guy a left handed Haren?

104. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Swami – we are in agreement that it was a bad call on RO… I actually thought Adam could have had it…

105. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Nats batters just keep helping De La Rosa out by swinging at balls out of the zone.

106. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM

6 pitches to werth 1 in the zone

107. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM

another hot goalie tonight

108. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Total junk baller. Stop with the random swinging.

109. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM

The throw was between runner and first. Extremely hard to catch. Thrown to the infield side of base then easy catch. E1

110. Gonat - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM

David Proctor said… "Gonat said…It's an error Bob and FP. How long are you going to debate it?"They're not disputing it's an error, they're saying it should be on Ohlendorf and not ALR. And it should. June 12, 2013 8:58 PM _______________________________I understand that it's an error. I didn't care about the 3 minute discussion on whose error it belonged to.

111. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Sigh – I just don't get our plate approach sometimes…

112. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan said… 6 pitches to werth 1 in the zone June 12, 2013 9:02 PM ____________________________Is Eck talking to the batters on the dip on the changeup and how he hasn't thrown one in the strike zone yet?

113. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

So about the pitchers– they both have big pauses in their delivery. This guy is throwing stinky garbage. And we are swinging.

114. InTheCheapSeats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

No paywall here. Good evening everyone.

115. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

The hitting approach was fine for batters 1 and 2. Last 4 swinging at crap.

116. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM

one way to approach a pitcher like this.. would be to gamble that his first pitch is a ball…if one is ahead 1-0 on a junk ball pitcher, the batter in theory is forcing the pitcher to throw a fast ball

117. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I have no issues with Desi's at bat….

118. Section 135 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM

If Davey wasn't retiring after this year his seat would be on fire. He's single handedly lost at least 8 games this year with his late decision making. His lineups are antiquated and he appears lost half the time.

119. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

now if the first pitch is a strike, then as the preacher said to Cleveland Little in Blazing saddles, "son, your on your own"

120. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

ITCS – is that you, from WaPo?

121. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

122. InTheCheapSeats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Hey Mrs. B. Is this the new home?

123. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Nah, Eck seems like he is always looking into that damn book of his….

124. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM

If first pitch is a fast ball over middle then swing otger wise dont.

125. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I read Mark every day so I decided to just start posting more over here…I got tired of the predictably of each poster after the losses and the 'I knew this team this and that' and all the other non-sense from the blog… So I am on a break..I'm hoping the pay wall forces a lot of those to stop commenting though…I may go back in July…

126. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan truehowever, I think this guy's tendency is to try to get the 1st strike on a junk ball

127. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM

kinda like, if you come to a fork in the road.. take it

128. Sec. 3, My Sofa - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Keep a good thought for Colorado Springs…the wind has shifted and the Black Forest fire is heading toward the USAFA, but it's going through a couple of subdivisions before it crosses the freeway. Pray for rain.

129. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I got it…will show my age here our pitcher's wind up looks like the actor Dan Daily playing Dizzy Dean, I'm serious

130. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

If it is hittable junk then hit it?

131. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

you got it sofa

132. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan that is also true

133. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

So far so good with Ohlendorf.

134. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Agreed on Eck. Head in the book. Any in game adjustments going on? The players on their own to help each other?

135. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

David P – imma need my inhaler…. But so far so good…

136. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Ross 21 pitches, but things can disappear quickly.

137. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

My fear is the second time through the order once the hitters start to figure out Ohlendorf's timing. But we'll see.

138. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Those jumping the WAPO ship are welcome here. Won't guarantee there won't be those predictable comments, though. Plenty of them.

139. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

ross bunt like you want it

140. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Onion!

141. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Lol…. That's what I get for talking about not seeing JS's squibbler… Lol…

142. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM

So who had Kobernus and Solano with the first two hits of the game?

143. NatsNutty - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Hey guys. You won't be seeing Bryce Harper in the dugout in Colorado tonight since my girlfriend and I just shook hands with him having dinner in Guapos Mexican Restaurant in Shirlington (Arlington), Virginia. He said he was feeling better although he is still wearing a knee brace on his left leg. He also looked strange wearing a Houston Astros ball cap but, then again, Bryce was probably trying to go "incognito." He even addressed my girlfriend as "Mam." What a gentleman!

144. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

David Proctor said…So who had Kobernus and Solano with the first two hits of the game?June 12, 2013 9:19 PMPay the man, Shirley

145. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Man still on secobd.However didnt k on tge curve like Zim and Werth

146. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Do pitchers hit at AAA? Just curious if they use a DH or not.

147. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Please don't leave the onion stranded…

148. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan said…My biggest complaubt of ECk he never talks to players during game.We got lucky I think. iIan looked lije he swung.MNF, is it your keyboard or you after happy hour?

149. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

More bad baserunning. Seriously?

150. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Just sloppy, sloppy baseball. These are the things that add up over a season.

151. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

typical, going backwards…

152. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

That was not the most well executed base running.

153. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

MrsB loves the Nats said… Please don't leave the onion stranded… June 12, 2013 9:23 PM ________________________________You got your wish

154. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

First base cpach allowed Span to run through the base?Why? Salono stayed in the round down for Span to get second had he prepared correctly.

155. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

2 hard hit balls by Kobernus at least?

156. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM

… I just…. Unh…So this is the 2nd time thru the line up now for RO, right? Oh goodness….

157. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

ouch, man on 2b no outs and we score no runs. That my friends has been our year defined.

158. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Score keeper came to his right mind. Easy call E 1

159. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Yes, Kobernus has been making nice contact.

160. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Apparently they changed the error to RO…

161. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

the sloppy base running is kind of a synopsis of this season…not sure how this club is going to turn this aaround

162. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Nice catch by Desi!!!

163. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

great play Desi!

164. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

gonna need a few more of those plays, Ian

165. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Desi one of the only bright spots on this team lately.

166. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

not able to watch the game. how's Ohlendorf looking?

167. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Desi and rendon are bright spots

168. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I would love to know our ranking on leadoff doubles stranded, and our ranking of not scoring people from 3rd with less than 2 out.

169. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I like Jeff K toothe one positive about the injuries is that it is giving playing time to these young lads. if teh Nats do turn this around, then one can say they will have depth

170. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Ohlendorf's got a windup like Rudy from the Bad News Bears, and is about as good a hitter too.

171. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

mick said… Desi and rendon are bright spots June 12, 2013 9:31 PM _____________________________Yes and we need RZ to get hot with them.

172. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Okay… So 3 good innings for Ross O… *golf claps sir*

173. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Zim, Werth, LaRoche coming up. Time to score some runs and let Ohlendorf breathe a litte.

174. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Easy play like last year.

175. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Oh my lord…. Really Ryan…. You are seriously in a funk right now…

176. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Good AB by Zim despite being fooled badly on one offspeed pitch.

177. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Well… He took the walk and didnt swing at the dirt…. Improvement…

178. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Ross o wind up reminds me of how I saw Walter Johnson wound up at games I went to as a mere child.

179. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

And a not so good AB from a guy who usually gives good ABs. Come on Jayson.

180. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Man on second again

181. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I don't really like first pitch swinging…

182. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Take it for the team

183. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

A fast ball over the middle is the best hittable pitch you get most at bats.Dont swing at junk.

184. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM

As long as the blue calls it for us, I won't even complain…

185. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Well outside. What a joke.

186. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM

set up in the batters box and gets the call faugh

187. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

2 of 3 alled strike there. 0 for 3 RISP

188. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

how ALR remains calm on those crap calls by the ump is beyond me…good for him.

189. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

When Ryan swung at the pitch in the dirt earlier it would have been nice if he had made contact, but he swung because the steal was on and he was trying to protect the runner Kobernus, who was caught stealing anyway.That's why he swung.

190. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Ohlendorf looks ridiculous but is getting the job done.

191. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM

He swung at one tgere already, giving umpire permission to call that. Tony Gwynn said that during Padre broadcast

192. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Ian getting the job done as usual.

193. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Desi!

194. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Oh yeah…. Way to go Desi!!!!!

195. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Desi

196. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

whoa, I thought a good throw would make that close

197. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

there we go! :)

198. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Growing up that is how they all pitched. I like it.

199. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

What in the flying hell was that????

200. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Oh my goodness. Can we just never steal? I know some people want us to run more, but just please. Ian is actually one of our better baserunners too.

201. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

That was a good idea to steal there. It didn't work, oh well.

202. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

brain cramps are replacing hamstring sprains

203. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:50 AM

You go on 1st move vs the lefty and hope you guess right. They guessed wrong.

204. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM

That was the only fly ball my breath didnt hitch on…

205. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:52 AM

or you don't actually go…

206. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Uhm… I don't think it's a health issue… Think he figured it was a ground ball out so he didnt give the effort….

207. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Desi took a chance with a left hander like someone else said, it didn't work but you have Rendon leading off, I liked it.

208. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Not going to say anything until the game is over because things can change in an instant (see: Haren, Dan) but Ohlendorf looks pretty darn good. Why wasn't he spot starting instead of Karns?

209. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Oww… That K was a thing of beauty….

210. blovy8 - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I suppose, but the baserunning karma has not been good

211. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:59 AM

212. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Charlie Slowes said that when the ball leaves DelRosa's hand it looks like a fastball

213. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I miss rendon's at bat taking trash out, what did he do?

214. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM

"I miss rendon's at bat taking trash out, what did he do?"Grounded softly to third.

215. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM

at least the onion hustled

216. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:01 AM

1 pitch, 1 out…

217. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Solano runs like a normal catcher?

218. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM

A couple of folks have commented that RO's delivery looks silly. I remember that kind of windup was standard back in the 60s when I was growing up. That's the delivery I imitated when I was pitching in the backyard, but when I started pitching in Little League my coach taught me a simpler one.

219. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Well it was in the 5th inning yesterday that Haren melted down. Let's see what Ohlendorf has in store for us.

220. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM

So his at bats tonight not like last night's yet. Plsstered the ball last night.

221. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:04 AM

watch the old Dizzy Dean movie with Dan Daily…every pitcher in the movie winds up like that, pretty funny

222. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:05 AM

The Pride of St. Louis (1952) that was the movie

223. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:05 AM

…. And here is the 5th inning…here is to us NOT repeating the mess from last night….

224. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM

MrsB loves the Natsmy thoughts and fears exactly

225. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Now, this is where I get upset… That same first pitch was a K for Adam but a ball this time….Be consistent blue….

226. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Giving up a solo homer isn't the worst thing in the world, if it happens. The key is just to keep people off base.

227. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM

or as Yogi would say, "deja vu all over again"

228. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Ohlendorf's delivery is old school, nothing really wrong with it, since he can still hide the grip in the mitt before he pitches. The hesitation move with De La Rosa is more common which seems weird. Seems like a lot of Mexican pitchers have had that, and Japanese guys like Kuroda, for instance.

229. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:08 AM

On a personal note for JZim. shelby miller 6 innings and 4 earned runs. Drops to 2.21 moving Zim to 3rd place. Need Corban to have bad night against. Dodgers

230. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM

agree with FP… he looks relax and confident

231. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Worst case scenario is a walk to me. DO NOT PUT PEOPLE ON BASE. A solo home run is not that big a deal, if it happens.

232. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Go talk to him JS… Calm him down…

233. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Double play time… *come on double play*

234. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I got flashbacks of yesterday. It started the exact same way. Out, walk, homer.

235. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM

boy, that must have run into some ashes up there

236. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM

0-2 to a walk always a recipe for maalox

237. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Okay… I can't do this tonight… My heart just dropped…Dammit Nats, please score more runs next inning…

238. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Ohlendorf outperforms Haren…

239. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:15 AM

We got out the 5th….. My heart can't take this….More runs, please?????!!!!!

240. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:16 AM

1 hit in 5 innings…impressive, could he be a significant bright spot down the road?

241. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:16 AM

i almost feel if i think of Ohlendorf i'll jinx it.

242. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Depending on the cook, i might pick breakfsst.Now lets get runs.

243. Drew - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:17 AM

The captain has turned off the Haren sign. Feel free to get up and walk around the cabin.

244. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Sometimesitrains-My thoughts too… I will withholding praising him until we secure the W… Don't want to jinx…

245. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:19 AM

Unh….Did not know Kobernus had a .300 average….

246. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Good at bat Kobernus!

247. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:21 AM

MrsB — it's that 10 AB sample size. one more or fewer hit and it's .200 or .400.

248. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:22 AM

This season has made me very susceptible to fears of cursing the Nats. I always, always think I am doing something to jinx them. And if I really had that kind iof power it would be way cool.

249. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:22 AM

are those marijuana plants in the home bullpen?

250. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Did Karns make it through the 5th inning in any of his 3 starts? And let's not even talk about Duke — he gave up runs in 6 out of his 11 appearances before he was released. So , a tip of the ol' cap to Ross Ohlendorf.

251. Scott Margenau - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Braves lost… Need a win!!!

252. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:23 AM

baseballswami — i like to think there's little any one of us could do on a blog that would put the jinx in more than "World Series or Bust."i mean, seriously. :rolleyes:

253. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:24 AM

What the hell was that? lol…

254. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:24 AM

First, can I just go on record again with the fact that Ian is my favorite Nat.Second, Mrs. B the antidote to your heart stoppage is the tried and true Official Nats cocktail, created by Sunshine Bobby: One swig maalox, followed swiftly by two swigs of bourbon, Works like a charm.Third, 222, he reminds me exactly of the pitching I saw growing up. A Met, it must be. If I had the bandwidth, I'd figure out who. Before the Doc Goodin days. He is old school for real. May he go the full game keeping the win, just like the true old school guys did.

255. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:25 AM

good effort by fowler

256. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Wait … A …. Dang… Minute…I thought that was gone to 2nd level… Wow… But we will take the run!!!!!Ouch, hope they aren't too hurt… That was almost a helluva catch….

257. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:26 AM

My God how could Zim not make third both on ground for second. Did he walk out of the box

258. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:27 AM

He thought it was gone and did not leave the box at first. It was sooo almost gone. Did they knock it back in?

259. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Uhm…. Not to pea on the roses… But Zimm should be on 3rd now….

260. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM

When he hit it high and deep it doesnt carry like their high deep ones, but Zim should be on third with one out.

261. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:28 AM

I almost feel bad. But if collisions earn us a run, I'll take it;. We are still karmically owed for when Nick Johnson collided with Austin and that was the end of that.

262. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM

MrsB — i reckon if he scores anyway, it will be a garland of sweet pea and roses. ๐Ÿ˜‰

263. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Hahaha.. MNF – yeah, I was just saying the same thing…

264. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Oh- that day was horrible. Good point by Carp- if Kobernus has to come back on a catch they are both out. Hence- Zimmy on second.

265. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan said… When he hit it high and deep it doesnt carry like their high deep ones, but Zim should be on third with one out_____________________________Maybe he was playing spectator as that was really cool [WINK]

266. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Zim would have scored on Werth's crappy hit

267. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I'm hoping Adam homers…

268. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Make that… I hope Ian homers….

269. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:32 AM

270. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Now 2 rbi chance

271. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM

DESI AGAIN!

272. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Desi!!

273. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Well done Desi. A no doubter.

274. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

/me nods approvingly.:)

275. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

nice

276. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Fudge yeah baby!!! Well Ryan's guffaw didnt hurt… We got him home anyway!Way to frickin go Desi!!!!

277. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I. Love. Ian.

278. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Lollygagged great term for Zim and his running. Bailed out by Ian

279. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:36 AM

2 out runs…. I love it….

280. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:36 AM

MNF, I was just going to say that. Ian picked up RZ.

281. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Ian is on fire!!!

282. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Way to go Anthony!

283. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Nice on you Rendon!!!! Come on JS… Base hit, baby! Keep the line a movin….

284. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Is Ian Kennedy pitching?

285. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM

The IBB to ALR to get to Desi? How do you like me now?

286. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:39 AM

7 game hitting streak by Rendon. Imagine if Davey was still doing the loyal to Espy thing.

287. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I wish Ross O would get a base hit here…

288. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Section 222 said… Harper would have been on third on that hit, and would have scored on Werth's groundout. Zim lollygagged it. We need Bryce back! June 12, 2013 10:32 PM _______________________________I was thinking if it was Harp he would have been waiting for Trent to send him home for an inside-the-park HR.

289. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM

'Ian picked up RZ'. Didn't RZ just deliver an XBH with a runner on?

290. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM

I might've considered pinch hitting for Ohlendorf tbh…

291. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Pinch?????

292. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Wow… I guess I shouldn't be too mad about the pitcher but damn, man, that was bad…

293. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Yes, he did.

294. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Lol. Ross O cracks me up

295. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM

number 0 for a pitcher? has there been one that is or has been famous? gilbert arenas is the only athlete that jumps out at me…maybe rick barry too?

296. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Who ever is our next pitcher startstretching nowplease.

297. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM

i agree, David. as wild as Ottavino had been, you let him off the hook by letting him throw over the plate to Ohlendorf with the bases loaded.that said, i'm not going to complain about a 3 run inning.

298. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:43 AM

I don't think we PH'd becuz DJ is trying to save the BP….

299. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:45 AM

I'm not angry Davey didn't PH, I understand his reasoning. I probably would've PH though. 4 runs still isn't enough at Coors and we had a chance to make it a BIG inning. Oh well.

300. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Ryan absolutely nails the hard plays….

301. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:45 AM

hopefully a 4 run lead with 4 innings to go in Colorado will be enough . . .

302. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Just keep men off base. A solo homer won't kill you. A 2 or 3 run one will.

303. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:46 AM

No FP…. We don't want Ross O to make any mistakes…

304. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:47 AM

A walk. See, that's what I hate. Make them beat you.

305. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Who comes in? Stammen?

306. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM

not a bad move there Ohle

307. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:48 AM

well, if nothing else, as least it lets us see how Ohlendorf performs in a bit of a leverage situation.

308. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I hoped they stsrted stretching to be ready to start.

309. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:49 AM

I liked that play By Rendon…. I agree with that…

310. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Espinosa appeared in 44 games for the Nats. His longest hitting streak was four games, and he had four, count 'em, four, multi-hit games. Starting with his last game before being sent down on May 2, Rendon now has a hit in seven straight games, and he could match Espi's season total of multi-hit games if he gets another hit tonight. And yes, he can play 2B.

311. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Faraz,yes he did, but there seems to be a perception here that he should've gotten to third on the hit. Personally, I'm thrilled to see a Zimm RBI, followed by a run scored on Desi's hit.

312. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Whoa, Rendon. The runner cuts right in front of Rendon to obstruct him and Rendon gets it. Perfect throw. Most 2nd baseman go to 1st on that.

313. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:50 AM

DJ letting Ohlendorf prove something to him.

314. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Unh….

315. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Lucky that wasn't a HR to CarGo.

316. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM

unfortunately, it proved the wrong thing…

317. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Uh…. Time to pull him, I think…

318. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Tulo will be the last batter. Righty-Righty.

319. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:54 AM

Uncle just said Kobernus played that wrong…

320. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Lets dont even try to get the guy out so we dont have to pitch to CarGo.He threw over to first what else can they do.Now not pinch hitting less quality of a decision.

321. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Oh my goodness.

322. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:56 AM

My goodness….

323. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:57 AM

JoeS, I feel sometimes that standards here are tougher than most places.Anyways, I was going through my fantasy team stats and noticed that Justin Upton has 29 RBIs despite 14 HRs.

324. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:57 AM

Ross looks a little gassed… Maybe McCatty needs to come out….

325. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:58 AM

He got out of it. As good as an outing as we possibly could have expected from Ohlendorf. Great job. Now up to the bullpen.

326. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Wow! WOW! Ross pitched a GEM! Standing O!

327. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Twins take the lead against the Phoolie bullpen!

328. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 2:59 AM

Explain this.Rzim plastered one, CarGo hit it solid but nearly as hard, and they end up ib the same spot.Rzim ends up at second CarGo 3rd

329. Drew - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:00 AM

What a great job. Wow.

330. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Ohlendorf giving the Nats a line of 6.0 IP; 2H; 1R; 1ER; 2BB; 2Kin Colorado. i think that's more than any of us reasonably could have expected.

331. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:01 AM

MNF – at this point, does it matter? Ryan got home and it's not like we would have had an extra run right there….*standing O for Ross O*. Haren should be ashamed of himself….Come on Nats…. Lets get some more runs!!!!

332. Jeff Wang - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:01 AM

CarGo knows the field a lot more than Rzim.

333. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Ross O did a fine job.

334. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Odd that we still haven't hit a homer here. I realize we lost some power, but we have more than a few guys capable of hitting homers in this ballpark.

335. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I am so happy for Ross O. Just what we needed. Except we slso need the BP to not blow up

336. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Uhm… So do we now start the discussion of keeping Ross O up here and turning Haren to a BP guy, for long innings….

337. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Birthday hit for the shark, c'mon…

338. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Uhm… I think I'm seeing a floating SZ…

339. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Happy Birthday Roger!!!

340. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM

MNF @ 10:59 Kobernus misplayed the ball, took a while to pick it up, then made a weak throw. CaGo is fast, took advantage. Any questions?

341. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM

ah CarGo is a faster base runner than RZ?

342. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:05 AM

We've been walking a lot more lately. Good sign.

343. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I really want to hear Carp go "See You Later" tonight!

344. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Sorry Faraz, I agree, very happy that Zim got an extra base hit and drove in a run. But I expect a guy making $14 million this year not to stand there and admire his majestic fly ball. CarGo didn't admire his, and he got an easy triple without the outfielders ending up sitting on the ground.

345. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:06 AM

RZ took time to get going he thought. It was a homer

346. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Faraz cuts to the point, and you don't pass the runner waiting to see if it's going to be a circus catch. Seriously.

347. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Phoolies just lost. Drop to 31-35

348. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:08 AM

too close to take, Zim

349. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:08 AM

This guy is fooling our hitters big time with this changeup.

350. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM

For as few homers as we hit, we strike out a lot.

351. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM

unlucky, that was a good 0-2 pitch to hit

352. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:09 AM

blovey8, that's how I saw it.

353. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Change up is kinda nasty….But uhm, Zimm, that was too close.. You gotta swing…I am terrified of birds… I think pigeons are the worst…

354. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:11 AM

and don't walk much either MNF

355. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:11 AM

JoeS, you don't really believe that was the difference do you? I don't want to belabor this, but why are you guys defending Zim? There's just no excuse for standing still and watching your fly ball, especially in a park as cavernous as Coors, where triples are easy to come by on balls in the gap because the walls are so far away. Watch it as you run like hell. If Harper can do it, everyone can do it. Come on.And Kobernus did not misplay the ball. He had the angle right, it just died as it hit the base of the wall.

356. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:11 AM

at least it wasn't like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiGUYMqUHOU

357. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:12 AM

blovy8, I agree with both of your posts at 11:06 and 11:08

358. dwb115 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Was our homer streak still active leading up to this series?

359. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:12 AM

well, it would be ironic if our home runs in consecutive series streak ended in Colorado.

360. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:12 AM

"I don't want to belabor this, but why are you guys defending Zim?"Because he's been a very good baserunner throughout his career and deserves the benefit of the doubt because of that. It's very possible he didn't want to lap Kobernus who could not advance past second until fairly late.

361. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM

K-rol on!

362. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM

Had Ryan been stranded, then I can understand the extra attention…. But he didnt…Yeah Desi bought him home but it's not like the score would be more than what it is now….

363. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM

tough to see Krol as a "throw in"

364. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Thank you Other Ian.

365. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:14 AM

Alive

366. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:16 AM

They are hacking….

367. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:16 AM

blovy/JS — There was no need to pass the runner or even come close to him. Kobernus was around 2B by the time the ball came down. If Zim was halfway to second he could have made it to third easily. Look forward to seeing the replay, but I'll bet he wasn't even to first yet.

368. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Krol is living just off the sweet spot of the bat, phew

369. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Nats 14th in runs 14th in hits 12th in walks.

370. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:17 AM

David Proctor, that's exactly what happened. Zim has had his problems this year, but to have folks cause him of being a lallygagger is offensive, not to mention, just plainly wrong.

371. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Krol is very impressive. Needs to command his offspeed a bit better because eventually they'll be able to hit the fastball. A lot to like from him though.

372. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM

What a damn pitch…. Krol works very fast….. Just a great inning!!!Uhm, I still want some more runs, please???

373. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM

blovy8, he wasn't a throw in but I think he was a player who was involved in some bad publicity that embarrased the team and they were happy to sweeten the deal with him in there. Add to it that they didn't see him as a starter. The Nats converted him to a reliever and the new story is written.

374. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM

What's bugs me is we pay e Jax n harren 12 mil on avg for a 5th starter and everyone complains about Werths and Zims salary. Stop paying so much for 5th starters!!!!! Call ups pitch better.

375. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Ok we need a dinger we hit now. See. You. Later.

376. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Good job by "the other Ian." By the way we got another Ian for HROD.

377. Drew - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Man, Krol is bringing it!Sure wish we'd had him in the pen all year, instead of Cubby.

378. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Nats need to pound the Rockies bullpen here.

379. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Yes, Krol used a certain derogatory term towards gays on his twitter account. A lot of kids use it. Doesn't make it right, but I don't think he was being malicious in using it. The A's weren't pleased with him for that.

380. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Jeez, how many times have we hit balls off the wall? I was sure that was gone.

381. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM

WHY OH WHY CAN'T OUR FLY BALLS LEAVE THE PARK!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!Good going AdLa!!!

382. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Why do I feel if Rockies guy hit that it was a homer.

383. Drew - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:22 AM

I hope Volstad's act drives them to drink.

384. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I'm fine giving him the benefit of the doubt. But there's no doubt. Sorry if you're offended JoeS, but FoF or not, he lollygagged. And the videotape will prove it. You're just making up this possibility of lapping Kobernus. Remember, Kobernus was able to easily score from where he was after the ball dropped. It even looked like he wasn't sure whether the ball was caught or not, so he didn't get all that great a jump. Zim just wasn't close enough to 2B to make it to third, which means he wasn't close to lapping Kobernus either. Nice frame by Solano on that third strike to the last batter. Impressive inning by Krol.

385. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:23 AM

I took a red eye last night to make a funeral and am delirious with no sleep… Up at 4:30 to leave again but I can't sleep till we win this. Did I mention I love Ian?Sounds like those fools are doing The Wave. Fine by me. It's not our stadium. Or losing score.

386. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Another Rendon hit with RISP

387. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM

OMG why wasn't Rendon on third!

388. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM

Oh yeah… Oh yeah baby!!!!! Good job Athony!Why in the hell can't we hit Hrs….

389. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Ugh a Tracy sighting.

390. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:25 AM

WhyIschadTracyPlaying….

391. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Wth?? We can't get get a little coors field air under our long balls??

392. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:26 AM

And a popup. Shocking.

393. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:27 AM

I know we are up by 4 but I do not want to see that bum Chad 'Pop up' Tracy….Ugh… DJ…

394. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I'll admit it: I was rooting for Tracy to fail there. If he gets an RBI hit, that might buy him several more months. As is, I think his days are numbered.

395. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:29 AM

And there's Rendon's fourth multi-hit game in the six games since he returned plus the last one he played at the beginning of May. And for the record, this is his 14th major league game of the season and he has 15 hits. Espi played 44. He had 25 hits.

396. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Hahahaha David P hahahahahahahah…. And what is the drink ingredients again… I'm going to need it for Tyler Clippard…

397. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:30 AM

JoeS had Ryan out of the box he would habeen near second when they got to the ball as the runner was home at about that time.On his double plays he doesnt lollygag, he is just not real fast.This play the video would say he didnt bust out of the box.Now Clip needs to pitch better than Storen did last night.

398. Drew - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Five doubles in 49 big league at bats.Rendon. Anthony Rendon.

399. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:31 AM

Heh. I'm on dvr and like 7 min behind u guys.MrsB are u e.e. Cummings?

400. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Also want to give props to J Solano… He has called a good game and has been able to contribute to the offense…Davey should use him more… Maybe every 3rd day…

401. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:32 AM

Uhhh… no Scott, I'm not… Lol…

402. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:33 AM

If Rockies reliever Manny Corpis haf a daughter would he name her Christi? She would hen be Chrsti Corpis. Then move to Corpus Christi

403. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Nice Zim!

404. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Your opinion deuces, but I have never heard of anyone accuse Ryan of not hustling hard. I think your wrong.By the way, I watched the replay already it doesn't show either of our takes on it. You don't see him admiring his shot, but you also can't see whether he was going to catch Kobernus, but FP clearly states that Kobernus was a factor.Between FP's explanation, and Zimm's reputation, I give him the benefit of the doubt over what's been said here by people that couldn't see anymore than I did.How about that catch by the laggard Zimmerman?

405. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Exactly, not busting it out of the box doesn't equal lollygagging. There's a variety of points in between those two. He's not like guys who give up on a pop foul that's going into the dugout, for instance.

406. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Clip can't find the SZ…

407. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:36 AM

Ok. End of Zim argument Plz. U might invoke Peric for crying out loud.

408. Ghost Of Steve M. - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:36 AM

One observation for you in Desi's hot streak started a few games after Espi stopped batting behind him and he got red hot when Rendon provided protection behind him in the order. The game is 90% mental and the other 1/2 is physical. ๐Ÿ˜‰

409. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Whew… Clip with a clean inning…

410. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Zims arm getting better? Great inning for him.

411. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Can do Scott. I do enjoy watching Clip regardless of the Tums tax involved.

412. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:38 AM

So much for Corbin's domination. The Dodgers just smoked him. JD may want to rethink his Top 3 All Stars since he snubbed our own JZim.

413. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM

Shelby Miller got hit hard also today.

414. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:40 AM

I don't really feel comfortable with this lead right now, to be honest. Not with the middle of their order coming up. It'd be nice to add at least 1 more run.

415. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Our motto best 25 NORTH was obviously ignored by Rizzo.North Espi, Duke HrodNot North Rendon, Abad , Krol.How many games we would have gained against the lineup we took.

416. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:42 AM

Alright now…. I will take the walk…That must have been some speech DJ gave, we are taking a lot more walks…

417. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:42 AM

"Our motto best 25 NORTH was obviously ignored by Rizzo.North Espi, Duke HrodNot North Rendon, Abad , Krol."Come on MNF, that's not fair. Rendon had hardly ANY professional games and Espi looked good in spring training. Krol was a complete unknown. I do think Abad deserved to make it though.

418. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM

OK, now you can take some big hacks Zim

419. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM

I ran to the bathroom for hark's bunt. what happened on his bunt?

420. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:43 AM

Damn it DP!!!! Why u say that??? Now I need a nats cocktail (1 part malox, 2 parts bourbon)

421. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM

2 walks and Shark grounds into a double play.

422. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM

he didn't swung at a pitch from a guy not throwing strikes

423. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM

Scott M, it is a baseball blog, with baseball fans. Have a play, have 6 witnesses to it, get six heated, different reports on what happened. BTW, what's this "peric" you speak of anyway?

424. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM

And then Roger does that dumbness… Sigh…

425. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM

good matchup for werth i'd think

426. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:48 AM

Lol Seam. What was I thinking uttering the P word. Btw the avocado commercial is damn funny.

427. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:48 AM

I'm confident the game will end with a score ofUs – 5Them – 1MNF, I guess me and you were wrong about the score predictions… But I know we will both take the win…. *fingers crossed*

428. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:50 AM

Ok. Tucked and ready.

429. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Double play time…. Come on Sori, bring it down….

430. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Turn 2. Let's go Soriano.

431. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:54 AM

No save no untuck. Giving a hit up before big guns not a good recipe

432. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Nice……

433. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Gorgeous pitch

434. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Thanks CarGo, a trick we usually do.

435. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM

TUCK

436. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM

That was a K… Come on blue…

437. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Blue blew that 2-2 pitch on Tulo

438. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Squeezed by the blue.

439. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Tulo out. One more.

440. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Span makes it all look so easy.

441. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Curky time.Win series tomorrowTulo k not called. Their flies carry a hell of alot more than ours. dont understand why.

442. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:59 AM

You all know this isn't a real save so there is no Untuck but hey, I'm all in if NI want to do it. UNTUCK

443. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Nice win! Back to .500… Gosh, I feel we should be better than that….Superb job by Ross O…. Tomorrow, we win the series…

444. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Wooooott!!!! Great job Ross O! Ross D Tom?

445. Section 222 - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM

UNTUCK!

446. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Ross O today Ross D tomorrow.

447. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM

I can go to bed happy tonight…

448. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Ross Ohlendorf deserves another look. Haren needs some back pain to land him on the DL.

449. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Thank you Ross O and Nats Bats. More of the same tomorrow please? Curlie w is in the books!

450. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:01 AM

Great win! I still can't believe we haven't hit a home run at Coors yet. Wouldn't it be ironic if our streak ends at Coors?

451. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Finally a day the Nats got a full game on Atlanta!

452. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:02 AM

David P – tomorrow, we are going to hit 3 Hrs….Nats – 9Them – 4

453. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM

A combined 3 hitter. Just incredible.

454. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:04 AM

David Proctor said… Ian getting the job done as usual. June 12, 2013 9:48 PM ____________________________________Both Ian's

455. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:05 AM

Gatorade bath returns! That might've been water.

456. Eric - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:05 AM

AWESOME game!!!Good offense, and the potential leaks in the infield were airtight. Rendon was aggressive and on the ball on that DP attempt. Keep it up! Make me look silly for worrying ;)… and keep up the hitting!!!Zim killed all manner of feeds to first tonight. I don't think I even gasped on the last grounder to him in the 8th. Ohlendorf! What can you say? Wow. I'm stunned!

457. Scott Margenau - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Ross O sounds like Kermit

458. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Solano with a super job behind the plate. One of the best called games.

459. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I asked earlier didnt see any opinions.Why did Espi, Duke andd HROD COME NORTHWhe Rendon, Abad and Krol were far better.Ian missed Julie.

460. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Yeah… I was hoping Ross O would give us a solid 5…. And then Stammen for 2, then Clip and Sori… Ross O was superb tonight….

461. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:10 AM

The Nats walked 8 times today. They walked 4 times yesterday. When Werth came back, he said the thing he noticed the most was the bad OBP. We may be seeing that influence.

462. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan said… I asked earlier didnt see any opinions.Why did Espi, Duke andd HROD COME NORTHWhe Rendon, Abad and Krol were far better.____________________________________________Rendon wouldn't be ready for Opening Day and the same for Krol who was being converted to a reliever.Abad could have been ready for Opening Day.I agree on Henry and his 9 lives. If Espi was to be replaced on Opening Day it would have been by a new veteran player. When they didn't get anyone new, Espi had a decent Spring Training. I'd say why did it take until June for the changes.

463. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:14 AM

Rendon wasn't ready…. Krol wasn't ready… I'm not sure about Abad….Espi had a decent ST and of course has the wicked D… He is obviously hurt, think he should get himself together for next year or as a bench guy this year…Duke was the 'proven' leftyHRod had the wicked 100 mph nastiness that they thought they had finally gotten together becuz he also had a good ST…

464. Eric - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Knight and Holliday have officially lost it. LMAO!

465. Eric - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:21 AM

"he should get himself together for next year or as a bench guy this year…"I had to run an errand early in the game and Slowes and Jageler said he starts his AAA rehab assignment soon. They said when but I forget; maybe 5 days? In any case it sounds like it will be a ramped up deal like Werth's, but maybe on a longer timeline.Apparently position players have 21 days on rehab assignment before they have to come back up or be optioned.Very curious to see how it plays out.

466. peric - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Ho hum right again.

467. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:29 AM

Well maybe April 1 I can accept, but May 1 the replacements could have started. gave some games away.Other subject Zim now second in ERA.closed subject revisited. Zim admired hit for a little before taking off. Maybe lollygag was too strong a word, but run out of yhe box until homer is known

468. D'Gourds - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:30 AM

How great would it be if Olendorf knocks Haren to long relief and Rendon keeps Espinosa in the minors? Something is finally happening! Energy!

469. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:30 AM

So, seeing two flashes of Zimm's hit from different angles,Zimm was slow getting out of the box, Kobernus did have to wait up to make sure the ball didn't get caught.

470. Faraz Shaikh - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:34 AM

JoeS, not only that but I think even CarGo was slow to get out of the box when he hit a triple.

471. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:35 AM

peric said… Ho hum right again.___________________________Yah, you were wrong on Rendon to 2nd base as you swore that would NEVER happen.You were wrong about Henry being DFA'd. You were wrong on Zim going to 1st and LaRoche getting traded. You said Duke was the best starter in Syracuse but yet he sucked here and got DFA'd. Span is still leading off.Hmmmm, I guess if you make 50 predictions you will be right on a few. Your batting average stinks and the way you treated people here stinks.

472. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM

Peric, I also forgot when you said Krol wouldn't be promoted from AA.

473. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Kobenus had nothing to do with Zim being at second. He was half way to third no way Zim was going to catch him. He was guilty of admiring his homer.Ian made the point almost mute

474. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:44 AM

475. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:46 AM

David Proctor said… Amanda Comak โ€@acomak 3mDavey very impressed by Ohlendorf. "I'm looking forward to seeing more of him… I'm gonna try to find a way to keep him around."Interesting. _____________________________I agree. Haren to the 'pen or the DL. If Haren goes to the BP, you go to a short bench for a while. Perfect time to part ways with Tracy.

476. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:52 AM

MNF, I agreed that I was wrong about Zimm watching. He thought it was out. OK?

477. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Heran can pitch a few innings at a time so bullpen and long reliever fine.Davis will go to allow Strasburg back.Tracy can go when Espi comes back.

478. Unknown - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:52 AM

My aging brain is telling me that Ohlendorf's unique windup is similar to Senators' reliever Bob Humphries.

479. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 4:55 AM

His wind up just like everyone' back from the 60' s and before.

480. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 5:09 AM