Game 64: Nats at Rockies

Jun 12, 2013, 9:25 PM EDT

USA Today Sports Images

We've talked plenty about the Nationals' ever-changing rotation, and obviously there will be a new member added to that group tonight when Ross Ohlendorf (just summoned from Class AAA Syracuse) takes the mound against the Rockies. But a great pitching performance is only as good as the run support said pitcher gets from his teammate, and few Nats pitchers are getting much run support these days.

So it's up to tonight's starting eight to get something going at hitter-friendly Coors Field. It didn't happen last night, when the Nationals scored two early runs and then essentially shut down for the rest of the evening. Perhaps this group can enjoy some more sustained success against Jorge De La Rosa, a pretty good left-hander for Colorado.

Davey Johnson will try out a couple of new faces, with Jeff Kobernus making his second career start (his first in left field) and Jhonatan Solano behind the plate (he worked with Ohlendorf in Syracuse earlier this year). Otherwise, it's the same lineup we've seen for much of the last week.

As you know, I'm not in Colorado, but please enjoy the game and the conversation…

WASHINGTON NATIONALS at COLORADO ROCKIES
Where: Coors Field
Gametime: 8:40 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Partly cloudy, 85 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF

CF Denard Span
LF Jeff Kobernus
RF Jayson Werth

1. Section 222 - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM

If you haven't read the WT article, which NL posted in the last thread, about the Nats culinary delights when they are at home, check it out. Very cool. Thanks NL.

2. David - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Joey Butler in the Rangers system could be the next Chris Davis… if we won't give Brown a shot, how about trading for Joey Butler?

3. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Bochy and Kontos got suspended for hitting McCuthen after warnings had been issued. (Kontos already demoted, so will serve if/when he gets back, Bochy will serve tonight). I didn't even know this happened. Apparently Kontos didn't aim at Cutch's head or anywhere close to it. Really wonder how much Kennedy will get for hitting Greinke.

4. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:43 PM

*McCutchen

5. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM

NatsLady, Off topic. I have a funny feeling that the Pirates won't implode this year. It might not be easy to get to the wild card spot.

6. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Volquez must be on fumes. C'mon Padres. Get him out of there before there is damage.

7. Steady Eddie - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM

JD — can we give some of those fumes to some Nats' pitchers? Volquez just K'd the side in the seventh — Uggla, Schafer, and Simmons.

8. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM

How about Volzquez for the Padres? 7IP, 1R against the Braves. It would be nice to win tonight and gain a game.

9. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Their baby pitcher (Garrett Cole) had a pretty nice debut for himself. Apparently the walk-up lines were incredible and the Pirates' prez had to apologize. There is a lot of pent-up hope in that city.

10. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Hey folks… Interesting line up… I'm glad that Kobernus is getting a shot, finally….Still salty about last night's game…. And disappointed… But we are gonna win tonight…. Nats – 8Them – 4

11. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Not sure I like Olendorf and Solano together…. Idk why DJ wants to put the two newbies (for lack of better words) together…I am not looking forward to that little stupid squibble hit that Solano does…

12. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Mrs. B, it's because Solano caught Ohlendorf at Syracuse.

13. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Steady, This must be Volquez best game of the year. I am not complaining. Now let's go Pads bullpen.

14. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Nats Lady, Yes and they still have Jamieson almost ready and this year they have added Marte and Grili has been lights out. In previous years I always felt they were a fraud. This year I am not so sure. And Liriano has been great for them as well to go along with AJ Burnett.

15. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Ahhhh David – that makes sense…

16. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Mrs. B. Well it's not like Suzuki gives you much offense these days anyway. I think it's a non issue.

17. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Mrs. B. If we get 8 runs against DeLaRosa tonight I will be most pleasantly surprised. He's a good pitcher.

18. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM

JD -Re Zook – you doing get an argument from me.. I really can't wait until Ramos is back so we can get back to the duo/tandem threat…Re DeLaRosa – I wanted to say 12 but I figured I'd scale it back… *snickers* but we will see… Hell, I'd be happy if we won 1-0, too….

19. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Who jinxed the Padres' bullpen?????

20. JD - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Me.

21. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Gotta like how Bud Black works his pen. He wants the win now.

22. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Yet the Braves keep the pressure on.

23. Steady Eddie - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:34 PM

NJ — correction, Bud Black is frothing at the mouth to get the win now. He's going with one pitcher per hitter. Pulled his RH closer to have LHR Tommy Layne give up a single to Heyward, now bringing in Nick Vincent (who?) to pitch to JUpton.

24. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I thought I may have been the only one watching mlb live look in…

25. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

J-Up facing a guy brought up from AAA yesterday.

26. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I'm watching the SD feed Padres WIN!

27. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Wow… I can't believe that was a K…. I thought that was inside…*sigh* Nats, please win tonight…

28. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Worry about the Phils first. Catching the Braves needs some work. A full rotation and Bryce back will definitely make difference. And there is still a long way to go no matter what the "genius's" say. Good pitching will take you there.I believe it's been posted many times in this blog.Sweep!

29. Steady Eddie - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM

THAT was cardiac. Pads 5-3.C'mon, Nats, time to pick up a game!

30. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Tony Gwinn was in the booth from the 7th inning on. Good game to watch.

31. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I thought Kennedy hit Puig

32. NatsJack in Florida - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Phillies?….Somebody doesn't follow the credo of one Mr. Satchel Page.

33. Joe Seamhead - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Well, what's new? Even though he had two RBI's earlier, Justin Upton strikes out looking with men on the corners, to end the game. Ha!The Nats must take advantage of this.BTW- with the loss last night the Phillies are now 2-12 in games Colbert Hamills has started

34. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I would like Gwynn to come here and coach hitting.NatsLady did you mean how much will Kennedy for hitting Puig.Mrs B I think us 7 them 5

35. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Kennedy should be suspended. He did but that's for the Dodgers blog.

36. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:50 PM

James Wagner ‏@JamesWagnerWP 1mWilson Ramos suffered setback with hammy while doing first-to-third drills in Viera. Davey says his return unlikely before All-Star break.UGHHHHHH.

37. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Something was going on in that Dodgers/Ari game. But you know Mr Selig will have his two cents in.Kennedy will be gone for 7 games (a guess). As a starting pitcher it should be three starts. Reckless.

38. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Good Lord Ramos…

39. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Catcher is the least of this fan's worries. The man has to get healthy or what's the point? Heads up Bryce.

40. Knoxville Nat - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Bad news on Ramos. We need some of these tweets regarding injuries to start being the good news type and not the discouraging words of the day.

41. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I am hoping we send Solano back down soon and we bring up Leon… I really liked that guy…I was having a discussion with a few other Nats fans and 1 doesn't think Ramos will be with us next year… Since he can't stay healthy…

42. David Proctor - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I'm convinced these Hammy injuries are a result of him trying to come back so soon from his ACL injury. We may not see a fully healthy Ramos until next year.

43. Caps Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Looks like Suzuki's option is going to vest.

44. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Next years run out. Teams or players. It takes one player to put you over. In hockey it's a goalie, seen it more than once (Habs fan).This year as someone mentioned earlier it will be Stephen or Bryce.Or Abad.

45. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Harper will be back by the time my next visit to the stadium on Jun 26

46. NatsLady - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Kennedy hit Puig AND Greinke, Manassas. He hit Puig in the nose, then Greinke hit Montero, then Kennedy hit Greinke. And Kennedy's pitches were up.

47. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I knew a second HBP didnt know it was Grenke. Wgen was brawl uf after first hit why would Kennedy still be pitching.I guess I needed to watch NLB tonight after Nats last night.

48. JaneB - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Thank you Padres. I just finally saw the footage of the brawl last night. Yowza. There must be a lotta history there for everyone to go off like that, including the coaches. But mainly I write to say I hope that our bats light up tonight, and that Ross#2 is lights out.GYFNG!

49. baseballswami - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:43 PM

There is tons of history, but they have all gone too far now.

50. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Something was not normal. Don't want to hit the next best thing in L.A.Go Nats. Should be very interesting game.

51. DWS - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Corbin and Ryu. A very good ball game if you're up long enough.

52. Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me - Jun 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Regarding Ramos: I love the guy for the 25 games a year he's healthy. But let's face it: there isn't enough shrink-wrap in North America to keep this guy healthy.I know we only gave up Capps for him…but right now that trade is looking fairly even … not Rizzo's finest hour.

53. JaneB - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM

No! WIlson! No Wilson! HE needs an exorcism. I feel terrible for him. Why can't anything be just NORMAL for him?

54. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Ray Knight is saying De La Rosa has a cut on his finger and may not pitch tonight and could be replaced by Volstad (?)

55. DWS - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM

What won't be normal is Danny playing AAA.I hope the man gets his head around that most people don't have these opportunities and to make the best of it. Good luck and more power to you.And think about it.

56. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Holliday now saying 10 minutes later that De La Rosa will make a go of it.

57. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

58. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I kind of thought we might have this continuing hammy thing with Werth. He had setbacks, too. Then he just appeared. Making me a tad nervous, though, watching him play. Praying for Willy– he has been through so much.

59. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I swear this game is taking forever to start…. Or maybe I'm anxious to see it start… Come on Nats! Lets do this!

60. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Not quite as bad as the west coast, but feels late to start.

61. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I hope I don't fall asleep…. I went to bed last night at 2 cuz I was so disturbed by yesterday's game…Smh…

62. sjm308 - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Getting ready to watch us battle back once again.Hope everyone behaves during the game. Good luck Ross!!Go Nats!!

63. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I like hitting the ball hard, but could quit hitting right at the.At least make them move.Their advanscours placing them well.

64. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Get Kobernus running!

65. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Span smoked that ball!! I had to go to bed last night , even though I was keeping an eye on the men's soccer team and watching the Nats, which was frustrating. Woke up to find I missed the big brou-ha-ha.

66. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Every time Kobernus plays, I wonder why he wasnt playing earlier…

67. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Cobenus hard and not righr at someone

68. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Span has been getting better contact lately… Just seemingly, right at someone…

69. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:48 AM

That finger is fat…

70. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Sigh. That's why we don't run. We can't do it well.

71. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Well that was painful to witness.

72. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Zimmerman swings at ball 4 and Kobernus gets a bad jump. Bright!

73. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Did not like anything that happened right there… Zimm swung at ball 4… Kobernus didnt get a good jump..*sigh*

74. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Okay… GoNat, this is getting to be spooky now…Jinx!

75. DWS - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

No comment…

76. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:50 AM

So I guess we all agree on what just happened.

77. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Did De La Rosa even get 1 ball in the strike zone in that 7 pitch AB to Ryan?

78. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Oh Lord… I'm nervous for Ross O…

79. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

The catcher double clutced homw he throw the runner out?Zim didnt ground into a double play, but just as bad a swing and miss double play.I thought Davey said we would get aggressive, zim missed the memo.

80. Section 135 - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Need I say more about Zim. Horrible contract

81. DWS - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM

This is the tale to tell.

82. phil dunton - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM

What a weird delivery!

83. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I forgot about the wind up… Bwahahahahaha…

84. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Dumb mistake by Ohlendorf. He didn't have a chance.

85. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM

*sigh*

86. DWS - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Guess the infielders have to get used to it.

87. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM

This could be an interesting night. The last start by our backup starters?

88. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM

DP, agree but Rendon should have been backing up ALR.

89. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I thought it was catchable and on Adam. BUT Ohlendorf had no chance… Should have not even attempted the throw…

90. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM

It's an error Bob and FP. How long are you going to debate it?

91. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Ross O has no clue how to toss so it is seen at first.

92. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

How does ALR get the error on that play?

93. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Whew… Oh lord…

94. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

God every time a ball is in the air, I have to hold my breath.

95. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Wow Span, he had that the whole time.

96. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

How can we have Span haters here?

97. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

His delivery is just so very odd. Can I just tell you how very much I like Denard Span?!

98. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

David P – I'm not gonna last this game… My stomach just dropped…

99. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

100. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM

So we all are in agreement again? Could be a very civil night!

101. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 12:59 AM

How come we cant take advantage of light air?

102. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM

The error has rto b E1 threw so runner could interfer (legally)

103. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Is this guy a left handed Haren?

104. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Swami – we are in agreement that it was a bad call on RO… I actually thought Adam could have had it…

105. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Nats batters just keep helping De La Rosa out by swinging at balls out of the zone.

106. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM

6 pitches to werth 1 in the zone

107. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM

another hot goalie tonight

108. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Total junk baller. Stop with the random swinging.

109. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM

The throw was between runner and first. Extremely hard to catch. Thrown to the infield side of base then easy catch. E1

110. Gonat - Jun 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM

David Proctor said… "Gonat said…It's an error Bob and FP. How long are you going to debate it?"They're not disputing it's an error, they're saying it should be on Ohlendorf and not ALR. And it should. June 12, 2013 8:58 PM _______________________________I understand that it's an error. I didn't care about the 3 minute discussion on whose error it belonged to.

111. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Sigh – I just don't get our plate approach sometimes…

112. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan said… 6 pitches to werth 1 in the zone June 12, 2013 9:02 PM ____________________________Is Eck talking to the batters on the dip on the changeup and how he hasn't thrown one in the strike zone yet?

113. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

So about the pitchers– they both have big pauses in their delivery. This guy is throwing stinky garbage. And we are swinging.

114. InTheCheapSeats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

No paywall here. Good evening everyone.

115. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM

The hitting approach was fine for batters 1 and 2. Last 4 swinging at crap.

116. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM

one way to approach a pitcher like this.. would be to gamble that his first pitch is a ball…if one is ahead 1-0 on a junk ball pitcher, the batter in theory is forcing the pitcher to throw a fast ball

117. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I have no issues with Desi's at bat….

118. Section 135 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:06 AM

If Davey wasn't retiring after this year his seat would be on fire. He's single handedly lost at least 8 games this year with his late decision making. His lineups are antiquated and he appears lost half the time.

119. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

now if the first pitch is a strike, then as the preacher said to Cleveland Little in Blazing saddles, "son, your on your own"

120. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

ITCS – is that you, from WaPo?

121. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:07 AM

122. InTheCheapSeats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Hey Mrs. B. Is this the new home?

123. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Nah, Eck seems like he is always looking into that damn book of his….

124. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM

If first pitch is a fast ball over middle then swing otger wise dont.

125. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I read Mark every day so I decided to just start posting more over here…I got tired of the predictably of each poster after the losses and the 'I knew this team this and that' and all the other non-sense from the blog… So I am on a break..I'm hoping the pay wall forces a lot of those to stop commenting though…I may go back in July…

126. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan truehowever, I think this guy's tendency is to try to get the 1st strike on a junk ball

127. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM

kinda like, if you come to a fork in the road.. take it

128. Sec. 3, My Sofa - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Keep a good thought for Colorado Springs…the wind has shifted and the Black Forest fire is heading toward the USAFA, but it's going through a couple of subdivisions before it crosses the freeway. Pray for rain.

129. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I got it…will show my age here our pitcher's wind up looks like the actor Dan Daily playing Dizzy Dean, I'm serious

130. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

If it is hittable junk then hit it?

131. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:14 AM

you got it sofa

132. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan that is also true

133. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:15 AM

So far so good with Ohlendorf.

134. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Agreed on Eck. Head in the book. Any in game adjustments going on? The players on their own to help each other?

135. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM

David P – imma need my inhaler…. But so far so good…

136. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Ross 21 pitches, but things can disappear quickly.

137. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:17 AM

My fear is the second time through the order once the hitters start to figure out Ohlendorf's timing. But we'll see.

138. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Those jumping the WAPO ship are welcome here. Won't guarantee there won't be those predictable comments, though. Plenty of them.

139. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

ross bunt like you want it

140. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Onion!

141. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Lol…. That's what I get for talking about not seeing JS's squibbler… Lol…

142. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM

So who had Kobernus and Solano with the first two hits of the game?

143. NatsNutty - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Hey guys. You won't be seeing Bryce Harper in the dugout in Colorado tonight since my girlfriend and I just shook hands with him having dinner in Guapos Mexican Restaurant in Shirlington (Arlington), Virginia. He said he was feeling better although he is still wearing a knee brace on his left leg. He also looked strange wearing a Houston Astros ball cap but, then again, Bryce was probably trying to go "incognito." He even addressed my girlfriend as "Mam." What a gentleman!

144. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

David Proctor said…So who had Kobernus and Solano with the first two hits of the game?June 12, 2013 9:19 PMPay the man, Shirley

145. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Man still on secobd.However didnt k on tge curve like Zim and Werth

146. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Do pitchers hit at AAA? Just curious if they use a DH or not.

147. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Please don't leave the onion stranded…

148. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Manassas Nats' Fan said…My biggest complaubt of ECk he never talks to players during game.We got lucky I think. iIan looked lije he swung.MNF, is it your keyboard or you after happy hour?

149. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

More bad baserunning. Seriously?

150. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Just sloppy, sloppy baseball. These are the things that add up over a season.

151. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

typical, going backwards…

152. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

That was not the most well executed base running.

153. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

MrsB loves the Nats said… Please don't leave the onion stranded… June 12, 2013 9:23 PM ________________________________You got your wish

154. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

First base cpach allowed Span to run through the base?Why? Salono stayed in the round down for Span to get second had he prepared correctly.

155. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM

2 hard hit balls by Kobernus at least?

156. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:28 AM

… I just…. Unh…So this is the 2nd time thru the line up now for RO, right? Oh goodness….

157. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

ouch, man on 2b no outs and we score no runs. That my friends has been our year defined.

158. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Score keeper came to his right mind. Easy call E 1

159. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Yes, Kobernus has been making nice contact.

160. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Apparently they changed the error to RO…

161. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

the sloppy base running is kind of a synopsis of this season…not sure how this club is going to turn this aaround

162. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Nice catch by Desi!!!

163. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

great play Desi!

164. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM

gonna need a few more of those plays, Ian

165. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Desi one of the only bright spots on this team lately.

166. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

not able to watch the game. how's Ohlendorf looking?

167. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Desi and rendon are bright spots

168. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I would love to know our ranking on leadoff doubles stranded, and our ranking of not scoring people from 3rd with less than 2 out.

169. mick - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I like Jeff K toothe one positive about the injuries is that it is giving playing time to these young lads. if teh Nats do turn this around, then one can say they will have depth

170. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Ohlendorf's got a windup like Rudy from the Bad News Bears, and is about as good a hitter too.

171. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

mick said… Desi and rendon are bright spots June 12, 2013 9:31 PM _____________________________Yes and we need RZ to get hot with them.

172. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Okay… So 3 good innings for Ross O… *golf claps sir*

173. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Zim, Werth, LaRoche coming up. Time to score some runs and let Ohlendorf breathe a litte.

174. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Easy play like last year.

175. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Oh my lord…. Really Ryan…. You are seriously in a funk right now…

176. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Good AB by Zim despite being fooled badly on one offspeed pitch.

177. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Well… He took the walk and didnt swing at the dirt…. Improvement…

178. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Ross o wind up reminds me of how I saw Walter Johnson wound up at games I went to as a mere child.

179. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

And a not so good AB from a guy who usually gives good ABs. Come on Jayson.

180. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Man on second again

181. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I don't really like first pitch swinging…

182. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Take it for the team

183. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:44 AM

A fast ball over the middle is the best hittable pitch you get most at bats.Dont swing at junk.

184. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM

As long as the blue calls it for us, I won't even complain…

185. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Well outside. What a joke.

186. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:45 AM

set up in the batters box and gets the call faugh

187. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

2 of 3 alled strike there. 0 for 3 RISP

188. paul brandt - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

how ALR remains calm on those crap calls by the ump is beyond me…good for him.

189. Joe Seamhead - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

When Ryan swung at the pitch in the dirt earlier it would have been nice if he had made contact, but he swung because the steal was on and he was trying to protect the runner Kobernus, who was caught stealing anyway.That's why he swung.

190. baseballswami - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Ohlendorf looks ridiculous but is getting the job done.

191. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM

He swung at one tgere already, giving umpire permission to call that. Tony Gwynn said that during Padre broadcast

192. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Ian getting the job done as usual.

193. Gonat - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Desi!

194. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Oh yeah…. Way to go Desi!!!!!

195. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Desi

196. blovy8 - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

whoa, I thought a good throw would make that close

197. sometimesitrains - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM

there we go! :)

198. Manassas Nats' Fan - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Growing up that is how they all pitched. I like it.

199. MrsB loves the Nats - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

What in the flying hell was that????

200. David Proctor - Jun 13, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Oh my goodness. Can we just never steal? I know some people want us to run more, but just please. Ian is actually one of our better baserunners too.