Jun 12, 2013, 5:15 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
By Michael Huberman
Runs per game: 3.8
Opponent runs per game: 5.2
Batting average: .282
Batting average against: .257
Team ERA: 4.09
Jordan Zimmermann, SP – 1-0/7 IP/0 ER/2 H/8 SO
Through two full months, Zimmermann has put himself in prime position to start the All-Star Game for the National League. The evidence so far? Zimmermann ranks tied for first in the NL in wins (9), fourth in innings pitched (94.2), fourth in ERA (2.00), first in WHIP (0.89), first in complete games (3), and fifth in batting average against (.205). For Jordan Zimmermann’s case as one of baseball’s best pitchers, the numbers don’t lie.
Ian Desmond, SS – 7-20/1 2B/5 RBI/.381 OBP
In 100 May at-bats Desmond struggled mightily to the tune of a lowly .220/.273/.436 slash. But so far in June, Desmond has been the Nationals best hitter, as evidenced by his .375/.394/.625 line through eight games. One possible reason for Desmond’s June hot streak? The five games the Nationals played last week at Nationals Park, where Desmond is hitting .304/.328/.513 in 31 games this year.
Read more »
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Trade official, Turner can't join Nats til June
- Jerry Blevins on Japan, hoping for better results with Nats in 2015
- Moore, Taylor hope to be in mix for Nats' bench spots
- Report: Braves continue makeover, trade star OF Justin Upton
- Drew Storen goes 1-on-1 with Mark Zuckerman at NatsFest
- Winter Classic rink construction well underway at Nats Park
- Nats recall NLDS, watching Giants win World Series
- 'Baseball in the District' - Kurkjian, Zuckerman & Corcoran talk Nats
- How the Nats' trade impacts Desmond's future
- Nats trade Souza in 3-team deal, get Turner from Padres