Jun 12, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
USA Today Sports Images
The Nationals are a couple of days away from getting their entire Opening Day rotation back together. But they're not quite there yet, so tonight they'll be forced to call upon one more fill-in starter to bridge the gap until everyone else is healthy.
With Ross Detwiler set to come off the disabled list Thursday and Stephen Strasburg on course to be activated Sunday, the Nationals will turn tonight to Ross Ohlendorf against the Rockies at Coors Field.
Ohlendorf, 30, is no stranger to the big leagues. He's made 108 appearances, 73 of them starts, over the last six seasons with the Yankees, Pirates and Padres. But it's been a while since he's had success at this level. An 11-game winner with a 3.92 ERA for Pittsburgh in 2009, he's gone 6-18 with a 5.80 ERA in 43 major-league games since, his career derailed by shoulder injuries.
But the Nationals gave Ohlendorf a shot this spring on a minor-league deal and he took advantage of the opportunity at Syracuse. Over his last three starts, the right-hander allowed only three runsRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
x-Clinched division title
THU: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
FRI: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SAT: Nats at Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
SUN: Nats at Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
TUE: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
WED: Mets at Nats, 7:05 p.m.
Full season schedule
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- NL Playoff Outlook: What stars will give the Nationals trouble?
- LaRoche gets extra day off to rest ailing back
- Michael Jenkins takes walkoff pie to the face (VIDEO)
- Nats move on to Miami with Gio starting in hometown
- PHOTO: Kevin Durant rocks a Nats jersey
- UPDATE: Nats DFA Perez, claim Twins shortstop
- If healthy, Zimmerman should be in Nats lineup
- Post-clinch, Nationals rookies get chance to shine
- Nationals' backups fall to Braves in series finale in Atlanta
- Nats will keep playing, try to secure No. 1 seed