Jun 14, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Last night on "The Baseball Show," Rob Carlin, Jim Duquette and I discussed the pending return of both Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg from the disabled list, and why all the panic over Harper's trip to see Dr. James Andrews probably was unwarranted.
We also made some interesting comparisons to this year's Nationals club and four pennant winners from the last decade who actually had worse records than this current Nats team through their first 65 games: the 2003 Marlins, 2005 Astros, 2007 Rockies and 2012 Tigers. I think last season's Detroit squad offers some very good parallels to this season's team in D.C., as you'll see in the above clip.
And in this week's Minor League Spotlight, Chase Hughes takes a look at Danny Rosenbaum, who has been perhaps the most consistent member of the rotation at Class AAA Syracuse and could put himself in line for a promotion to D.C. later this season
You can find the Harper/Strasburg and Rosenbaum clips below…Read more »
ON THE RADIO
TUE: 12:45 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
WED: 2:30 p.m.
THU: 4:30 p.m.
FRI: 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m.
SAT: 9:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Rizzo: Blevins was Nationals' best option
- Former Nats OF Jerry Hairston, Jr. retires from MLB
- Nats get lefty Blevins from A's for prospect
- Williams wants Davey to come to spring training
- Will Nats make amends for 2013? (VIDEO)
- Williams contemplates look of Nationals' lineup
- MLB to discuss home plate collisions at Winter Meetings
- Wilson, Blevins among Nationals trade targets
- Rizzo: Nats aren't trading Clippard, Storen, Span
- 6 weeks into MLB offseason and free agents are going fast