Jun 14, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Last night on "The Baseball Show," Rob Carlin, Jim Duquette and I discussed the pending return of both Bryce Harper and Stephen Strasburg from the disabled list, and why all the panic over Harper's trip to see Dr. James Andrews probably was unwarranted.
We also made some interesting comparisons to this year's Nationals club and four pennant winners from the last decade who actually had worse records than this current Nats team through their first 65 games: the 2003 Marlins, 2005 Astros, 2007 Rockies and 2012 Tigers. I think last season's Detroit squad offers some very good parallels to this season's team in D.C., as you'll see in the above clip.
And in this week's Minor League Spotlight, Chase Hughes takes a look at Danny Rosenbaum, who has been perhaps the most consistent member of the rotation at Class AAA Syracuse and could put himself in line for a promotion to D.C. later this season
You can find the Harper/Strasburg and Rosenbaum clips below…Read more »
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Jayson Werth to serve jail time for reckless driving charge
- Williams to host Super Bowl party with Mark Wahlberg & Michael Bay
- Marlins introduce Ichiro in Japan: 'His body says he’s 30 or less'
- Nats roster preview: Wilson Ramos
- Phillies adjust front office as Gillick becomes full-time team president
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Houston Astros
- Nats sign veteran Janssen to bolster bullpen
- Nats roster preview: Ryan Zimmerman
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers