Jun 15, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here posting the game threads for the weekend as the Nats continue their series with the Cleveland Indians. After mustering just two hits against Justin Masterson last night, Washington will take a shot at the resurgent Scott Kazmir (3-4, 5.33 ERA). Though his numbers overall aren't spectacular, the lefty has been very good at home with a 3-0 record and 3.68 ERA at Progressive Field. This will be his first time facing the Nationals.
Working in Washington's favor is the presence of Jordan Zimmermann (9-3, 2.00) on the mound. They saw a terrific outing by Gio Gonzalez last night and should expect their starter to give them a good chance to win once again this evening. Zimmermann will be seeking his 10th win in the team's 67th game of the year. He has never faced the Indians before.
Davey Johnson has bumped Anthony Rendon up to hit second for the first time this season, likely in hopes his patience at the plate can pay dividends at the top of the lineup. Through 15 games this year Rendon already has more walks than Danny Espinosa and is only two behind Jayson Werth in 22 less games. Chris Marrero is also in the seven hole as the designated hitter.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CLEVELAND INDIANS
Where: Progressive Field
Gametime: 7:15 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 182
Weather: Clear, 78 degrees
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com.
- Pujols gets 500th, Nats fall to Angels
- Pujols launches 500th homer at Nationals' expense
- Who is the Nats best 8th inning option?
- Fister pitches 3 innings, on track for May 7 return
- Nats Game Thread: No rest for Desmond
- Nationals recall Barrett, send Cedeno to AAA
- Clippard: "No one is going to feel sorry for me" (VIDEO)
- Desmond, Clippard unravel in eighth inning of Nats' loss
- Williams shows faith in Clippard despite struggles
- Trout talk: How good is he? (VIDEO)