Jun 15, 2013, 7:52 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
Chase here posting the game threads for the weekend as the Nats continue their series with the Cleveland Indians. After mustering just two hits against Justin Masterson last night, Washington will take a shot at the resurgent Scott Kazmir (3-4, 5.33 ERA). Though his numbers overall aren't spectacular, the lefty has been very good at home with a 3-0 record and 3.68 ERA at Progressive Field. This will be his first time facing the Nationals.
Working in Washington's favor is the presence of Jordan Zimmermann (9-3, 2.00) on the mound. They saw a terrific outing by Gio Gonzalez last night and should expect their starter to give them a good chance to win once again this evening. Zimmermann will be seeking his 10th win in the team's 67th game of the year. He has never faced the Indians before.
Davey Johnson has bumped Anthony Rendon up to hit second for the first time this season, likely in hopes his patience at the plate can pay dividends at the top of the lineup. Through 15 games this year Rendon already has more walks than Danny Espinosa and is only two behind Jayson Werth in 22 less games. Chris Marrero is also in the seven hole as the designated hitter.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CLEVELAND INDIANS
Where: Progressive Field
Gametime: 7:15 p.m. EDT
TV: FOX, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 182
Weather: Clear, 78 degrees
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Cingrani has little remorse for hitting Harper
- Strasburg departs in 2nd inning with new ailment
- Strasburg leaves after 16 pitches, Reds beat Nationals 5-2
- Rendon resumes rehab, plays 7 innings at AA
- Strasburg back on mound for key start in Cincy
- How will Nats compensate for Werth's absence?
- Mark Zuckerman on Jayson Werth's unfortunate injury news
- MLB Power Rankings: Astros, Twins are early season surprises
- Werth could be out months after new test results on left wrist
- ‘Baseball in the District’ – Al Galdi and Daniel Shiferaw