Jun 16, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
What a game it was between these two last night. The Nationals smacked five homers off just eight hits, including Anthony Rendon's go-ahead shot to opposite field in the ninth. In his first game hitting second in the order, the rookie certainly made his case to stay. And after seeing his offense wake up after a bit of a lineup change, Davey Johnson is going with a similar look today.
The Nationals will have Stephen Strasburg (3-5, 2.54 ERA) back who was reinstated from the disabled list this morning. He last pitched on May 31 before leaving after two innings against the Atlanta Braves. This is his first time pitching at Progressive Field since the second start of his career. If you remember, Strasburg had issues with the mound condition that day, but still went 5 1/3 innings with only two hits and a run allowed.
Pitching for Cleveland is third-year pro Corey Kluber (4-4, 4.08) who has really hit his stride as of late. Through his last six starts he is 2-2 with a 3.09 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 35 innings.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CLEVELAND INDIANS
Where: Progressive Field
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500)
Weather: Rainy, 75 degrees (60% chance of rain)
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
DH Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats nearly doubled in franchise value from 2014 to 2015
- Gonzalez settles down, with help from Scherzer
- Former Nats pitcher earns rotation spot with Texas Rangers
- Ian Desmond ranks highly among shortstops, according to ESPN
- Gio Gonzalez faces Mets in Viera
- Harper sidelined as Nats' injuries continue to mount
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'