Jun 16, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
|Photo by USA Today|
What a game it was between these two last night. The Nationals smacked five homers off just eight hits, including Anthony Rendon's go-ahead shot to opposite field in the ninth. In his first game hitting second in the order, the rookie certainly made his case to stay. And after seeing his offense wake up after a bit of a lineup change, Davey Johnson is going with a similar look today.
The Nationals will have Stephen Strasburg (3-5, 2.54 ERA) back who was reinstated from the disabled list this morning. He last pitched on May 31 before leaving after two innings against the Atlanta Braves. This is his first time pitching at Progressive Field since the second start of his career. If you remember, Strasburg had issues with the mound condition that day, but still went 5 1/3 innings with only two hits and a run allowed.
Pitching for Cleveland is third-year pro Corey Kluber (4-4, 4.08) who has really hit his stride as of late. Through his last six starts he is 2-2 with a 3.09 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 35 innings.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CLEVELAND INDIANS
Where: Progressive Field
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500)
Weather: Rainy, 75 degrees (60% chance of rain)
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
DH Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals again can't beat struggling Reds
- Span, Escobar exit game vs. Reds with apparent injuries
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion