Jun 16, 2013, 3:38 PM EST
|Photo by USA Today|
What a game it was between these two last night. The Nationals smacked five homers off just eight hits, including Anthony Rendon's go-ahead shot to opposite field in the ninth. In his first game hitting second in the order, the rookie certainly made his case to stay. And after seeing his offense wake up after a bit of a lineup change, Davey Johnson is going with a similar look today.
The Nationals will have Stephen Strasburg (3-5, 2.54 ERA) back who was reinstated from the disabled list this morning. He last pitched on May 31 before leaving after two innings against the Atlanta Braves. This is his first time pitching at Progressive Field since the second start of his career. If you remember, Strasburg had issues with the mound condition that day, but still went 5 1/3 innings with only two hits and a run allowed.
Pitching for Cleveland is third-year pro Corey Kluber (4-4, 4.08) who has really hit his stride as of late. Through his last six starts he is 2-2 with a 3.09 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 35 innings.
Enjoy the game…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at CLEVELAND INDIANS
Where: Progressive Field
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500)
Weather: Rainy, 75 degrees (60% chance of rain)
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
DH Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT IN
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Bryce Harper has tickets to the Super Bowl
- 2015 outlook: Detroit Tigers
- MLB's Manfred: Montreal has helped case for return of baseball
- Nats roster preview: Yunel Escobar
- Final thoughts on the Max Scherzer signing
- Veteran C John Buck signs with Braves, his eighth MLB team
- 2015 MLB roster outlook: Colorado Rockies
- How big of a haul could the Nats get for trading Stephen Strasburg?
- New MLB commissioner Manfred suggests banning defensive shifts
- Washington Nationals 2015 roster preview: Ian Desmond