Jun 18, 2013, 7:32 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
PHILADELPHIA — As you can tell from the above photo, it's raining here at Citizens Bank Park. It's been raining all afternoon. And there's no real letup in sight. Which seems to suggest the odds of baseball being played tonight are slim. But nothing official has been announced from the Phillies, so we'll proceed for now as though there's actually going to be a game.
If they do play, Ross Detwiler will take the mound for the Nationals, trying to build off his solid-not-spectacular return from the DL last Thursday in Colorado. Detwiler faces a bolstered Phillies lineup, with Carlos Ruiz fresh off the DL himself and ready to wreak havoc on the Nats as he has done throughout his career.
Cliff Lee starts for Philadelphia, facing a Nationals lineup that desperately needs to get healthy and productive. Still waiting to hear if Denard Span will be back after missing last night's game with a bruised right foot, but he appeared to be moving around better after the night off.
Weather and game updates to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Rain, 76 degrees, Wind 3 mph in from RF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who's better right now?
- Point/Counterpoint: Biggest threat in NL East in 2015?
- Nats' Fedde hits milestone in Tommy John recovery
- Charlie Manuel almost returned to baseball as O's hitting coach
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?