Jun 18, 2013, 7:32 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
PHILADELPHIA — As you can tell from the above photo, it's raining here at Citizens Bank Park. It's been raining all afternoon. And there's no real letup in sight. Which seems to suggest the odds of baseball being played tonight are slim. But nothing official has been announced from the Phillies, so we'll proceed for now as though there's actually going to be a game.
If they do play, Ross Detwiler will take the mound for the Nationals, trying to build off his solid-not-spectacular return from the DL last Thursday in Colorado. Detwiler faces a bolstered Phillies lineup, with Carlos Ruiz fresh off the DL himself and ready to wreak havoc on the Nats as he has done throughout his career.
Cliff Lee starts for Philadelphia, facing a Nationals lineup that desperately needs to get healthy and productive. Still waiting to hear if Denard Span will be back after missing last night's game with a bruised right foot, but he appeared to be moving around better after the night off.
Weather and game updates to come, so please check back…
WASHINGTON NATIONALS at PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Where: Citizens Bank Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 184
Weather: Rain, 76 degrees, Wind 3 mph in from RF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
NL EAST STANDINGS
NL WILD CARD STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Fan dies after fall from upper deck at Atlanta Braves game
- Nats gain a rare game on the Mets with win over Marlins
- Zimmermann, Nats bounce back to top Marlins
- Span's season is over, and maybe his Nats career as well
- Nats look to get even against Marlins
- Werth bobblehead release gets pushed back
- Turner looks comfortable in debut at second base
- Month to forget continues for Scherzer, Nats
- Scherzer's struggles continue in Nationals' 4-3 loss to Marlins
- Hip surgery for Span, but Taylor's knee OK