Jun 18, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
PHILADELPHIA — Dan Haren's postgame interviews following losses this season have run the gamut. He's been dejected. He's been determined. He's been disgusted. And now, he seems to be completely disconsolate.
Following last night's outing against the Phillies, Haren was left to search for positives in a six-inning, four-run start that was by no means his worst of the season but still fell far short of the kind of performance the Nationals needed.
"I tried to keep my head in the game a little bit better than I have been," he said. "I was able to get six innings, which is better than five. Obviously, still room for improvement. I wish I'd given the team more."
Haren hasn't given the Nationals much through the season's first 2 1/2 months. He's 4-8 with a 5.72 ERA in 14 starts, only five ofRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Scherzer on mound as Nats try to take series
- Papelbon aiming for saves record, hopes to co-exist with Storen
- On Harper's blasts and Nats' new-look pen
- Report: Phillies trade Cole Hamels to AL West team
- Mets SS cries on field after learning of trade that didn't happen
- Harper homers twice into upper deck, Nats beat Marlins 7-2
- Report: Mets' trade for All-Star falls through
- Marlins get payback, play fart noises during Nats batting practice
- Nats hope to bounce back in Miami with Fister starting
- Nats Stock Watch: Starting pitchers scuffling