Jun 18, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
PHILADELPHIA — Dan Haren's postgame interviews following losses this season have run the gamut. He's been dejected. He's been determined. He's been disgusted. And now, he seems to be completely disconsolate.
Following last night's outing against the Phillies, Haren was left to search for positives in a six-inning, four-run start that was by no means his worst of the season but still fell far short of the kind of performance the Nationals needed.
"I tried to keep my head in the game a little bit better than I have been," he said. "I was able to get six innings, which is better than five. Obviously, still room for improvement. I wish I'd given the team more."
Haren hasn't given the Nationals much through the season's first 2 1/2 months. He's 4-8 with a 5.72 ERA in 14 starts, only five ofRead more »
COUNTDOWN TO OPENING DAY
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Who should Nats' tab as Rendon's fill-in?
- Podcast: 'Baseball in the District' - Mark Zuckerman & Marc Carig
- Scherzer dominates Cardinals' "A" lineup
- Harper on criticism, hopes for 2015: 'I want to do damage'
- Marlins pitcher part of sports betting investigation
- Scherzer on mound as Nats face Cards
- Rendon unlikely for Opening Day after 2nd MRI
- Taking a crack at the Nats' Opening Day roster
- 3-time All-Star retires day after getting cut by Nats
- Braves, Marlins miss out on Cuban star Hector Olivera