Jun 18, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
|USA Today Sports Images|
PHILADELPHIA — Dan Haren's postgame interviews following losses this season have run the gamut. He's been dejected. He's been determined. He's been disgusted. And now, he seems to be completely disconsolate.
Following last night's outing against the Phillies, Haren was left to search for positives in a six-inning, four-run start that was by no means his worst of the season but still fell far short of the kind of performance the Nationals needed.
"I tried to keep my head in the game a little bit better than I have been," he said. "I was able to get six innings, which is better than five. Obviously, still room for improvement. I wish I'd given the team more."
Haren hasn't given the Nationals much through the season's first 2 1/2 months. He's 4-8 with a 5.72 ERA in 14 starts, only five ofRead more »
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Baseball in the District - Tom Schad joins for Nats roundtable
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall
- Roark struggles as Nats lose second game of doubleheader
- Nats aim for sweep as Roark starts second game in Philly
- Strasburg steps up as Nats take 1st game of doubleheader in Philly
- Nats and Phillies wrap up series with doubleheader
- Nats miffed at Phillies over postponed game
- Harper, Escobar, Span all out of Nats lineup again