Jun 20, 2013, 7:30 PM EST
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Hello from South Capitol Street, which hasn't hosted a ballgame in 11 days. The Nationals at last return to familiar territory after an eventful, not-entirely-successful, 4-5 road trip to Colorado, Cleveland and Philadelphia, hoping last night's dramatic, 11-inning win was the start of a long-awaited hot streak.
Having Jordan Zimmermann on the mound tonight against the Rockies certainly helps the cause. The right-hander is looking to become only the third pitcher in the majors to reach the 10-win mark this season, joining Adam Wainwright and Max Scherzer, but he'll have to put forth a better outing than he did last time in Cleveland when he blew an early 5-0 lead.
Roy Oswalt makes his 2013 debut, having signed a minor-league deal with the Rockies and built his arm back up to shape. There's really no way to know how the 35-year-old will look tonight, given the fact he hasn't appeared in a major-league game since last fall with the Rangers (when he wasn't very good).
I'll be starting the game thread tonight, but then I have to head over to Bethesda for tonight's episode of The Baseball Show, so Chase will take over in-stream. Check back for plenty of updates…
COLORADO ROCKIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Mostly clear, 78 degrees, Wind 9 mph RF to LF
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- How much money can the Nats spend this winter?
- With Hamels trade rumors, Phillies are staying patient
- MLB postseason shares released, including Nats
- Former Nats outfielder Josh Willingham retires
- Trio of pitching greats on new Hall of Fame ballot
- Who is the Nats' best player at his position?
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: Wilmer Difo
- Nationals 2014 minor league spotlight: A.J. Cole
- Report: LaRoche signs 2-year deal with White Sox
- Souza explains gift from Zimmermann: 'It was his moment'