Jun 21, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
Winners of two straight, the Nats will look for their three consecutive wins for the first time since May 10. Stephen Strasburg (3-6, 2.50 ERA) takes the mound for his second start since being activated from the disabled list. He will face the Colorado Rockies for the third time in his young career. Both of his previous starts have resulted in losses with a 3.75 ERA across 12 total innings against the club.
Pitching for the Rockies is 23 year old right-hander Tyler Chatwood (4-1, 2.33). The former second round pick has been a nice surprise for Colorado this season with the best ERA in their rotation. He has never faced the Nationals before in his three major league seasons.
Today will be the second of the four-game series between the two teams. Dating back to their previous series this season, the Nationals have won three straight against the Rockies with five runs scored in each of those games.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
COLORADO ROCKIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 7:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Mostly clear, 83 degrees
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nationals roster review: Tanner Roark
- Span will return to Nats, LaRoche & Soriano won't
- Trio of Nationals players become free agents
- Bumgarner, Giants beat KC 3-2 in Series Game 7
- Nationals roster review: Gio Gonzalez
- Giants, Royals battle in Game 7 for 2014 World Series title
- Nationals roster review: Doug Fister
- Royals hammer Peavy, Giants to force Game 7
- Giants can clinch 3rd World Series in 5 years in Game 6 at KC
- Ohlendorf taken off Nats' roster, becomes free agent