Jun 22, 2013, 3:19 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
With their first three-game winning streak in over a month, the Nationals will look to make it four against the Rockies on Saturday in an early afternoon game. Dan Haren (4-8, 5.72 ERA) takes the mound for his second start against Colorado this season. He took the loss on June 11 after allowing two homers and five earned runs.
Jayson Werth has been a late scratch from the Nats' lineup with no reason provided. Davey Johnson said before the game Werth had been seeing a specialist for a variety of things, but that his hamstring was okay.
"No, I think he’s alright there. I think he’s fine," Johnson said.
We'll see what he has for us after the game.
On the hill for the Rockies is RHP Jhoulys Chacin (5-3, 4.26). He gave up two earned runs on seven hits in five innings on June 11 against the Nats.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
COLORADO ROCKIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 12:05 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500), XM 183
Weather: Mostly clear, 83 degrees
CF Denard Span
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam LaRoche
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2015 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats Stock Watch: Rotation continuing to dominate
- Nats cruise to 9th straight win over Braves
- Zimmermann sharp as Nationals beat Braves again, 6-1
- Rested Nats open series in Atlanta
- Is it time to start worrying about Anthony Rendon's injuries?
- State of the Nats: All-Stars announced soon, Giants coming to town
- Baseball in the District - Which Nats should be All-Stars?
- Desmond showing signs of a breakout at last
- The Baseball Show: An amazing week of pitching
- On long, up-and-down day, Strasburg stands tall