Jun 23, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
The Nats and Rockies face off in their series finale today, as long as the weather holds up that is. It was raining heavily through the morning and scattered thunderstorms are expected throughout the day. There does, however, appear to be a window in the afternoon to get the game in.
Ross Detwiler (2-5, 3.34 ERA) is making his his 11th start of the season and his second against the Rockies in just the last ten days. On June 13 Detwiler took a no decision after allowing three earned runs in five innings in Colorado. The lefty has a 6.19 ERA through four total appearances against the Rockies.
Pitching for Colorado is left-hander Jorge De La Rosa (7-4, 3.21) who allowed three runs against the Nats on June 12 in a Rockies loss. He is 3-2 with a 4.84 ERA against the Nationals in six career starts.
Jayson Werth is back in the Nats' lineup after a one-game absence due to an illness. He is hitting cleanup with Adam LaRoche and Denard Span getting the day off.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
COLORADO ROCKIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500)
Weather: Scattered thunderstorms, 85 degrees
CF Jeff Kobernus
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
1B Chris Marrero
C Kurt Suzuki
LF Steve Lombardozzi
LHP Ross Detwiler
NL EAST STANDINGS
THE BASEBALL SHOW
ON THE RADIO
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Max Scherzer gets All-Star nod, two Nats left out
- Live Thread: Nationals open series vs. Reds
- More revealing Bryce Harper Body Issue photos released
- Bryce Harper makes decision on Home Run Derby
- Nationals sweep Giants behind Zimmermann, Ramos
- Two Giants ejected after arguing call vs. Nationals
- Live Thread: Nationals face Giants in Sunday night matchup
- Harper voted All-Star starter in record-breaking fashion
- Many unknowns in Strasburg's latest injury
- Strasburg placed on the 15-day DL with oblique strain