Jun 23, 2013, 3:38 PM EDT
|Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER|
The Nats and Rockies face off in their series finale today, as long as the weather holds up that is. It was raining heavily through the morning and scattered thunderstorms are expected throughout the day. There does, however, appear to be a window in the afternoon to get the game in.
Ross Detwiler (2-5, 3.34 ERA) is making his his 11th start of the season and his second against the Rockies in just the last ten days. On June 13 Detwiler took a no decision after allowing three earned runs in five innings in Colorado. The lefty has a 6.19 ERA through four total appearances against the Rockies.
Pitching for Colorado is left-hander Jorge De La Rosa (7-4, 3.21) who allowed three runs against the Nats on June 12 in a Rockies loss. He is 3-2 with a 4.84 ERA against the Nationals in six career starts.
Jayson Werth is back in the Nats' lineup after a one-game absence due to an illness. He is hitting cleanup with Adam LaRoche and Denard Span getting the day off.
Stay tuned for updates throughout the game…
COLORADO ROCKIES at WASHINGTON NATIONALS
Where: Nationals Park
Gametime: 1:35 p.m. EDT
TV: MASN2, WUSA-9, MLB.tv
Radio: WJFK (106.7 FM), WFED (1500)
Weather: Scattered thunderstorms, 85 degrees
CF Jeff Kobernus
2B Anthony Rendon
3B Ryan Zimmerman
RF Jayson Werth
SS Ian Desmond
1B Chris Marrero
C Kurt Suzuki
LF Steve Lombardozzi
LHP Ross Detwiler
ON THE RADIO
As ESPN-980 AM's Nats Insider, Mark makes daily appearances on the station's various shows. Here's the 2014 schedule (subject to change)...
MON: 12:45 p.m.
TUE: 2:30 p.m.
WED: 4:30 p.m.
THU: 2:30 p.m.
FRI: 1:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m.
SAT: 10:30 a.m.
*All times Eastern. You can also listen to the station on 94.3 FM, 92.7 FM and online at ESPN980.com. Click here for past audio clips.
Follow us on Twitter
- Nats announce front office changes, including several promotions
- World Series shifts to San Francisco for Game 3
- Manager Joe Maddon opts out of contract with Rays
- Nationals roster review: Jose Lobaton
- Phillies CEO does not expect team to compete for a while
- Details announced for this offseason's NatsFest
- Nats' LaRoche and Span named Gold Glove finalists
- Braves name John Hart President of Baseball Operations
- Nationals roster review: Wilson Ramos
- Royals hope to even World Series in Game 2